HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BREAKING NEWS: Sean Avery Traded to Rangers!

Old
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
SML

vCash: 500
Hey, for now, I like it. I may wind up hating it. Best case scenario, he has a Barnaby-esque resurgence with the Rangers and he gets along great with everyone. We may be the only team in the league without any french canadiens on our roster, perhaps Sather shares Avery's opinion? I thought this may be a fit last week when they first said the Kings were looking at trading him. The PK has to get it's act together, and so does the PP, b/c this kid is going to get them both alot of work. At least we're doing something. Does this mean Sather is going into "buy" mode rather than "sell"?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dank

i just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Cullen situation with Avery expected to do more than he can and i hope this trade doesn't make Tom Satheroney feel like they've plugged the 1st/2nd line center hole..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Avery will be a nice addition. I like players like Avery, Tucker, etc because they can play a tough game AND skate/score/etc. Some of the best players in the game to watch imo.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Cullen situation with Avery expected to do more than he can and i hope this trade doesn't make Tom Satheroney feel like they've plugged the 1st/2nd line center hole..
I can almost guarantee that he's the first option for the 2nd line. And as I said before, the deal was done NOW so that they can find an option for the 2nd line if he ends up not working out.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
God this sucks.

Avery makes the worst friggin decisions with the puck.
Misses the net most of the time.
We hashed out this possability a few weeks ago when the reporst came of the Rangers scouting the Kings hard.

Avery is an upgrade over Ward. He adds a grit this team just does not have out side of Hollywood and to be truthful we will desperately need if we want to pull out some games against the division rivals, **** conference rivals here on out. Our skilled 1st line is not enough.

Sean will most definitley shoot the puck, and be a pain in the ass for the other teams.

Two things this team really does need.

I doubt this is the last move....something else is coming

02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Coug555

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-osrG_yE4

Avery just made himself look like and idiot because what they didn't show is Avery got kicked out of the game because he didn't tie down his jersey.

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
DutchShamrock

Losing Cliche hurts, but I do understand that you have to give to get. I would have prefered to give up two roster players though to make room for Callahan/Dawes or Baranka. Maybe that move comes in the next few weeks.

I remember not liking the Barnaby trade very much but like many others I fell in love with his play. A change of scenery may be exactly what he needs. Barnaby was used soley as a fighter/agitator in TB and Pit. He got just a few minutes a night and he had no confidence in his game. Mess pulled him aside when he came here and told him that he had to be a leader and he had to contribute, I think that message turned his whole game around. Maybe with the new team Avery will have the chance to shed some of that rep, maybe he'll have a chance to take his career into a new direction. Maybe Cliche becomes a star and we get a cancer, who knows. But this team needed a shake up.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Balej20*

Imagine Avery and Hollweg together. The Bash Brothers!

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I doubt this is the last move....something else is coming
I agree this is just the begining, that honestly kind of scares me to be honest though.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkyb6-15agY

Avery kicking Brendan Morrow's ass
Lol

I like this trade already

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I agree this is just the begining, that honestly kind of scares me to be honest though.
Atleast Avery is pretty young. That's a good sign. Maybe Slats wont just go after over the hill vets.

Old
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post

Lets be honest...there is NO WAY Sather sees Avery as our future 2nd line Center.

Something else is brewwing....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Push up's lol :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts9FFr-gxvw

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Lets be honest...there is NO WAY Sather sees Avery as our future 2nd line Center.

Something else is brewwing....
Why wouldn't he see that? He put up nearly 40 points last year and is on pace to put up even more than that this year. It's not like he isn't talented; far from it.

I think he gives him every opportunity to make it as the 2nd line center before he does another deal.

He's certainly more offensively talented than Cullen. Had 24 assists last year and 18 this year on an awful Kings team.

Old
Balej20*

I wish Avery could be ready for tonights game.

Old
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
dank

i actually think this is a good representation of what Sean Avery has in his arsenal.. done solidly by a Kings fan, it shows his whole repetoire, from scoring to agitating to missing shots to diving, fighting, funny antics, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9kx-U_ka8

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

decent trade, not enamoured with Cliche to begin with, and while i like jason ward, i think hes done as a ranger regardless of this trade.

Avery is 26, thats the key, still got youth back, and hes hollweg, with hands. this team could be hard to play against if they keep getting players like Avery.

Its not a bad move, but i have a feelings its the first of many, and if this is any indication, it is for a playoff push, not for a rebuild...

*sigh*

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
SML

Quote:
i actually think this is a good representation of what Sean Avery has in his arsenal.. done solidly by a Kings fan, it shows his whole repetoire, from scoring to agitating to missing shots to diving, fighting, funny antics, etc.

I was trying to figure out how to put this up. Things just got a little more exciting around here...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
ThirdEye

Pretty happy, Rangers definitely needed someone like him

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:41 PM
RingTheBell

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkyb6-15agY

Avery kicking Brendan Morrow's ass
Too bad he is a diving, two-faced piece of trash that won't shut his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53W-7tk4Uw

There's a lot to like about a motivated gritty player (Tucker, perhaps) who likes to stir things up and run the other team, but he better cut the bull.

RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Losing Cliche hurts, but I do understand that you have to give to get. I would have prefered to give up two roster players though to make room for Callahan/Dawes or Baranka. Maybe that move comes in the next few weeks.

I remember not liking the Barnaby trade very much but like many others I fell in love with his play. A change of scenery may be exactly what he needs. Barnaby was used soley as a fighter/agitator in TB and Pit. He got just a few minutes a night and he had no confidence in his game. Mess pulled him aside when he came here and told him that he had to be a leader and he had to contribute, I think that message turned his whole game around. Maybe with the new team Avery will have the chance to shed some of that rep, maybe he'll have a chance to take his career into a new direction. Maybe Cliche becomes a star and we get a cancer, who knows. But this team needed a shake up.
Barnaby was the first player I thought of upon seeing this deal. Remember, Barnaby was thought to be a cancer, too. I don't like giving up Cliche, and I'm not particualrly a fan of Avery, but, anybody who's complained about the Rangers being soft shouldn't complain about this deal. Maybe Sather/Maloney are banking on Avery turning into Darcy Tucker. And, since he's still only 26-years-old, this isn't exactly the youth-for-vet deal that many Ranger fans have feared.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Quote:
Why wouldn't he see that? He put up nearly 40 points last year and is on pace to put up even more than that this year. It's not like he isn't talented; far from it.

I think he gives him every opportunity to make it as the 2nd line center before he does another deal.

He's certainly more offensively talented than Cullen. Had 24 assists last year and 18 this year on an awful Kings team.
If the Kings had a semblance of a team last year Avery wouldn't have had the ice time to put up 40 points.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:42 PM
in the hall

well I'll be honest I'm not happy about it

Avery has a horrible reputation and yeah in some ways its comperable to Barnaby but even King fans hate him.. he tears up locker rooms, thats not what we need

also don't like how this basically sets the tone to what will be a horrible Trade period.. we're trading prospects

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If the Kings had a semblance of a team last year Avery wouldn't have had the ice time to put up 40 points.
I highly doubt that. Everyone knows the guy has offensive instincts. He's had them ever since his junior days. It's not like he's some unskilled plugger.

Put him on a line with Shanny and Prucha and watch the goals come in. All he has to do is feed them the puck, and from nearly every Kings fan's assessment of his game, he's a very good passer.

Old
02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:

That video was good lol, I do like his play around his own net though, will be good to see guys clearing the net around Henke.