The Doctor is in!

vCash: 500
I'd love to get rid of the webbed D.

Johnny Caravella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Hockey Duckie

I like the Black and Purple jersey with the Anaheim scroll. (Of course, it looks like the Seattle juniors' jersey.) As for the original logo, I like 'em. Most of my Ducks' hockey friends liked 'em. But everyone else didn't care much for them. Of course, at the time Disney owned both the Angels and Ducks, and I'm a fan of both. Our new scripts is... well, left a lot on the table, but I did the colors. I was hoping for more OC type thing, but it's slowly evolved. LIttle things like the solid gold V-neck collar to the two color swerve V neck style made the jerseys look better.

So it's evolving.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:42 AM
Terry Yake

i loved the mighty ducks name as well as the jerseys but when the switch was made, i did feel like it was the right move for the organization to begin distancing itself from anything disney

however

i feel like they could have done a much better job with the logos and jerseys, which i still feel are right up there in being the most boring in the league

Terry Yake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Win Jiggys Loft

The change to me signifies when we were finally classified as a "real" hockey team. I associate these colors and logo with winning, the old ones with mediocrity with flashes of luck. Time to switch to the third as primary, get a road to match, and I'd be fine with the classic look as a third. Maybe wear them on Sundays like someone else suggested.

Win Jiggys Loft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:13 AM
salsa man
SALSA

vCash: 50
I don't have any problems with the current colors, and I can live with the webbed D, but I'd like to see a jersey update. Something more vibrant, but not totally overdone (like the third). I really don't want to see the third promoted.

salsa man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
The change to me signifies when we were finally classified as a "real" hockey team. I associate these colors and logo with winning, the old ones with mediocrity with flashes of luck. Time to switch to the third as primary, get a road to match, and I'd be fine with the classic look as a third. Maybe wear them on Sundays like someone else suggested.
Hey now! The Mighty Ducks were a real hockey team, but lacked the talented depth! A huge part of the present team is due to that era. Bryan Murray and his scouts drafted the Twins! Also drafted Lupul and Smid, who were pertinent in a blockbuster trade to help win a Stanley Cup. JS and the Mighty Ducks logo are forever entwined. A Conn Smyth award is now given out to players with flashes of Luck? ::: shudders :::

The change should signify a change in ownership of the Ducks' franchise, nothing more; nothing less. Otherwise, you're insinuating that those fans who supported the Mighty Ducks weren't "real" hockey fans either. I had no problem representing the Mighty Ducks back in our losing ways, including at the Staples Center against the Kings. I don't mind Kings' fans saying we're not a real hockey team, but I do mind it when fellow Duck fans say that. It's quite irksome.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
DarthYenik

I've never liked the new logo. I'll accept it, I'll embrace it, but I'll never really like it.

DarthYenik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
I've never liked the new logo. I'll accept it, I'll embrace it, but I'll never really like it.
Same. Like I said yesterday if I had one complaint to owner ship it would be having a one game a year as classic night. People grew up with the classic ducks, and to embrace where we came from then to now would be appreciative.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:36 PM
bminucci

Hmm mixed feelings.

Like the old logo. Not a huge fan of the old colors but it is way better than black as a main color. Don't mind the roots with Disney but agree that this is not a Disney team. Like orange as it is a homage to the Orange County roots and it is a color that pops out in the crowd. Hate the "Ducks" logo with webbed D. Don't mind the large webbed D as a logo but I like the old logo better. Like the "OC" logo/patch on the Stadium Series jersey.

Since the "Ducks" Logo is no longer the official logo, I am hoping for a some changes to the Jersey next year.

bminucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Ducks in a row
Go Ducks Quack Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergytoMarshy617 View Post
Likes the jersey change from the classic Mighty Ducks jersey to the new Black jersey?

Seriously, who thought that was a good idea, I'm not a Ducks fan but damn do I miss both the Might Ducks name and the classic jersey.
I absolutely hated the change. I wish they would go back to their old logo and jersey.

Ducks in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Hey now! The Mighty Ducks were a real hockey team, but lacked the talented depth! A huge part of the present team is due to that era. Bryan Murray and his scouts drafted the Twins! Also drafted Lupul and Smid, who were pertinent in a blockbuster trade to help win a Stanley Cup. JS and the Mighty Ducks logo are forever entwined. A Conn Smyth award is now given out to players with flashes of Luck? ::: shudders :::
That was all at the end of the disney era, those guys weren't big pieces (Getzlaf, Perry, Lupul) until post lockout when new ownership took over.

The only relevant players the Mighty Ducks ever had were Kariya, Selanne, Rucchin, Hebert & Giguere. Other than that the team was a bunch of guys playing too high up in the lineup because we didn't have enough talent on the roster.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 12:58 PM
girlwithapuck

I was growing up with that old logo, and do somewhat associate it with my youth -- as well as the film. By the time the change in ownership happened and the new jersey was unveiled along with the new team name (which I really enjoyed going to that and watching Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf act as models), I was really glad that new ownership did not mean we were throwing out all of the old--meaning, I'm glad the team name was simplified to just the Ducks. I felt it honored our past and still prepared us for a more streamlined, fast-paced future.

If I remember right, at the unveiling, they indicated that the Webbed foot D as well as the font was supposed to evoke a sense of speed, of moving forward, of being competitive as a result. I still associate those things with the look of the Ducks full logo today. I am not thrilled at the gradual replacing of the actual full DUCKS logo with the simple webbed D. To me, it's ... like a stamp, abbreviated. It has an incomplete sense about it to me and vaguely reminds me of the horrifically ugly Dallas Stars new jersey. Needless to say, I don't want the 3rd to be the primary, but it looks like that's what's going to happen.

I do, however, like the prominent orange Stadium Series jersey as a possible 3rd option.

I also loved the Duck mask from back in the day, and thing honoring that in some way is still something that should be done.

girlwithapuck is offline   Reply With Quote