HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Bob Mckenzie on Team 1040 in Vancouver about Florida

Old
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Kid_Roll

vCash: 500
Bob Mckenzie on Team 1040 in Vancouver about Florida

Yay for long titles!

Anyhoo, Bob Mckenzie was just on the radio, and he talked about the whole Jokinen hoopla. Bob backed up the fact that what Darren Dreger said was true (In fact Bob said he helped do the report with Darren with some information Bob came across). Bob went on to say that ANYONE on Florida is available, and while Jokinen hasn't asked for a trade at all, he wouldn't be too broken up about it if he was traded. So while they aren't really in sell mode, they are open to any ideas anyone wants to throw their way.

I don't think this is anything to ground-breaking, the only odd points I find are that anyone is available (J-Bouw, say it ain't so), and that Jokinen wouldn't mind if he was dealt.

Anyhoo, that was the only thing Bob really said about rumors, the rest was Bob defending Gary Bettman against people wanting to blame everything that is wrong with the NHL on him. Just thought I would update you guys.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
Yay for long titles!

Anyhoo, Bob Mckenzie was just on the radio, and he talked about the whole Jokinen hoopla. Bob backed up the fact that what Darren Dreger said was true (In fact Bob said he helped do the report with Darren with some information Bob came across). Bob went on to say that ANYONE on Florida is available, and while Jokinen hasn't asked for a trade at all, he wouldn't be too broken up about it if he was traded. So while they aren't really in sell mode, they are open to any ideas anyone wants to throw their way.

I don't think this is anything to ground-breaking, the only odd points I find are that anyone is available (J-Bouw, say it ain't so), and that Jokinen wouldn't mind if he was dealt.

Anyhoo, that was the only thing Bob really said about rumors, the rest was Bob defending Gary Bettman against people wanting to blame everything that is wrong with the NHL on him. Just thought I would update you guys.
Yeah that still means nothing to me. So another guy without a source backs up another guy without a source.

Case in point:
Quote:
"It is not like I am unhappy. I want to be in playoffs wearing this jersey. I don't want to go anywhere, I want to be here," Jokinen said.
Quote:
Asked if he has tired of the Panthers' losing, he replied: "Yeah, but it's not that I'm unhappy. I want to be in the playoffs here, wearing this jersey. So whoever started these reports, it's false.

"I don't want to go anywhere, I want to be here. If I didn't believe this program would work I would never have signed that deal. I would've looked into other options last summer. You can't control when somebody says things like that. It's not true."
And #3
Quote:
'There's a reason I signed a four-year deal,'' said Jokinen, whose 613 games played without being in the playoffs is the most by an active NHL player.

''I want to be in the playoffs here, wearing this jersey,'' he said. ``Those reports aren't true. They're false. I don't want to go anywhere, I want to stay here. If I wanted to go somewhere and didn't believe in this program, I never would have signed that deal. I would have looked at other options in the summer.''
Any questions?

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Kid_Roll

Bob Mckenzie on TSN is usually really solid about anything he says, that's the only reason I give a lot of weight to what he says.

Old
02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
big boi

yeah - there's not much there - but Bob Mckenzie is quite credible. So all I take from this is that guys like Nathan Horton, Gelinas, and Roberts might be available for the right price.

I mean how many teams have multiple players that are "untouchable", not many.

big boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Bob Mckenzie on TSN is usually really solid about anything he says, that's the only reason I give a lot of weight to what he says.
Alright but I mean the Jokinen stuff is very unfounded. He wants to be here probably more than any player on the team. He signed that 4 year deal for a reason.

As for Bouwmeester, he is even LESS likely to leave. At his age and signed through next season, no he's not touchable. There's almost nothing that could be offered short of Crosby/Ovechkin kind of player that would be worth it.

He is already a #1 defenseman on this team. Now will the Panthers be sellers? Yeah no doubt. Can there be a lot? Sure. We've got lots of vets like Roberts, Belfour, Gelinas, Gratton, Stumpel, lots of them might go and maybe others.

But Jokinen and Bouwmeester? Not only would the cost be more than most teams would like, it's not going to happen. Martin is not an idiot.

Old
02-05-2007, 03:42 PM
SouthFLFan79

I would like to point out that anyone in any sport is available for "the right price"

If Pitt was offered a fortune for crosby he would even be traded dude.

Honestly this means little to me. I will take Ollie's comments for face value because of how he has been been. He denied everything last year and we had this same crap last year.

Either way, thank you for posting.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Kid_Roll

Yeah I didn't think it was anything groundbreaking, I just thought I would update you guys in case anyone was interested.

Edit: And the guys to be traded will most likely be Roberts, Gelinas, and Belfour, though it wouldn't surprise me if Horton was dealt for another young prospect.

Old
02-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
though it wouldn't surprise me if Horton was dealt for another young prospect.
I would. Horton is not a young prospect, he's 21 in his 3rd season. Young yes, prospect no. The return would have to be quite good. There's a huge thread on that in the Trade Rumors board, just to show the number of fans interest and what they think his value is. Albeit that's all pointless conjecture as well, but still.

Old
02-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Young prospect? NOOOOOOO

are you kidding me, if we trade horton we want just as good as a player back, im really getting sick of peopel thinking that our organization is total **** and wont even give martin a chance to even show hes worthy of the job.

Just going around reading sportsnet.ca and tsn.ca its just amazing how everyone ***** on this team as if we are nothin but dirt, absolutely amazing.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I would. Horton is not a young prospect, he's 21 in his 3rd season. Young yes, prospect no. The return would have to be quite good. There's a huge thread on that in the Trade Rumors board, just to show the number of fans interest and what they think his value is. Albeit that's all pointless conjecture as well, but still.

Sorry I shouldn't have used the word prospect, I meant young player of same skill, not some junior prospect, my bad.

Old
02-05-2007, 06:37 PM
johano90

I think anyone in the Panthers' shoes are "listening" to offers. Martin however seems like a much more conservative guy and with him in charge I doubt we see much of a change in our core players at the deadline.

As for players that are untouchable. No one truly is. Joe Thornton last season or Eric Lindros Nordiques to Philly ring a bell. Its all a matter of price. But in my mind, Jokinen will not leave this team for a few years.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote