HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT February 5: NY Rangers VS Detroit Red Wings, 7:00p VERSUS

Old
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Where were you before the lockout? There has been way worse feelings than this since 97'.
No, those yrs, we knew what we were getting. I went in and out of those just laughing, and if we got a win, hey that was a bonus, after last year, this team had expectations and most of us looked at this season different from those of the dark yrs. I know what he's feeling, it sucks to be going in reverse all over again.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
I cant believe that to this point I still had hope for this team. Balej im with you all the way dude, Jagr has been useless for a while now, always turns the puck over and never hustles.
Jagr somehow keeps scoring goals every once in a while. I remember a while back I look at the stats and Jagr has I think 17 goals and I said to myself " How did he get all of those goals? ".

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
WheresBarnaby

The best thing about tonights game has been the Reno911 movie previews.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I would've called time after the third goal, but other than that your right.
look at my post above your last, renney just plays jagr and his line and prays things work out fine, theres no reason for pock-girardi pairing, he just lacks common sense and right now this team doesnt deserve to be in the playoff picture

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Can't blame this one on Renney.
Well, im not so sure. after the first period i said we were playing like dog crap, after the second period i said i saw a bit of improvement, and ill say the 3rd period we where about the same as the first period.

the team didnt play well AT ALL. Only reason we were leading was because Detroit decided to sleep walk through the first 40 minutes, then to turn it on for 20 minutes.

we just played like crap for 60 minutes.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
BRONX_MADNESS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
prucha-straka-jagr
hossa-nylander-shanahan
cullen-avery-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-hall
bud those lines are brutal

BRONX_MADNESS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Well, im not so sure. after the first period i said we were playing like dog crap, after the second period i said i saw a bit of improvement, and ill say the 3rd period we where about the same as the first period.

the team didnt play well AT ALL. Only reason we were leading was because Detroit decided to sleep walk through the first 40 minutes, then to turn it on for 20 minutes.

we just played like crap for 60 minutes.
Sounds like that's on the players. Whether they were playing well or not, they had two 2 goal leads. Lundqvist gives up three softies in the third. He doesn't do that this team wins.

Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I've been pretty quiet and laid back this year compared to last year. But I've just had it now. This team has to take a completely different direction.
I was optimistic about tonight to, I turned down 3 seperate sets of tickets, usually when I turn down tickets they win (its like clockwork). But when the 3rd period started my dad asked me if I felt comfortable up 3-1 and I said no, the next goal is the difference in the game. 4-1 and 3-2. Right on cue Hank had a brainfart. You all know what happened from then on.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chosen

Obviously Malik is to blame with his poor play tonight.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Jagr somehow keeps scoring goals every once in a while. I remember a while back I look at the stats and Jagr has I think 17 goals and I said to myself " How did he get all of those goals? ".
Jaromir Jagr has 19 goals right now...the league leaders have around 33. Jaromir Jagr is supposed to be amongst the league leaders. He should not be struggling to reach 20 goals at this point.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sounds like that's on the players. Whether they were playing well or not, they had two 2 goal leads. Lundqvist gives up three softies in the third. He doesn't do that this team wins.
while 95% of it goes on the players, when the team is playing bad, its up to the coach to recognize it, and to change things up. if im not mistaken, i saw the same 4 lines rolled for 60 minutes.

If you see something wrong, you need to address it right away.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruchaYeah View Post
You would think Jagr would have started to just try and shoot from weird angles with Hasek letting in a few softies he made one good rush the whol games and he waited to do it when we were down
Jagr's a one trick pony. First line's only play is as follows....

Skate in the zone, drop pass, another drop pass, spin, spin around again, then cross ice pass -to then be broken up, or the reciever will then miss said pass.

Old
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
while 95% of it goes on the players, when the team is playing bad, its up to the coach to recognize it, and to change things up. if im not mistaken, i saw the same 4 lines rolled for 60 minutes.

If you see something wrong, you need to address it right away.
If Lundqvist doesn't give up three softies in the third, they win. Roll the lines however you want, the goalie did not show up tonight. That's not Renney's fault.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Obviously Malik is to blame with his poor play tonight.
He sucks too,... he was probably still wearing his uniform at home.

Old
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
The best thing about tonights game has been the Reno911 movie previews.
Hell yea, that dude falling into the whale is ****** halarious, and that karate **** towards the end.

Old
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Jagr's a one trick pony. First line's only play is as follows....

Skate in the zone, drop pass, another drop pass, spin, spin around again, then cross ice pass -to then be broken up, or the reciever will then miss, said pass.
And that's if things go well...

Otherwise it's...skate up until you reach neutral zone, pass back, pass back, pass back, go back around the net again, give it to nylander, let him do tiny stick handling moves, only to pass back again, finally give to straka to skate 600 MPH up the ice, only to drop it off the Jagr standing in his famous spot on the blue line...only for him to turn it over for an odd man rush the other way.

Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
If Lundqvist doesn't give up three softies in the third, they win. Roll the lines however you want, the goalie did not show up tonight. That's not Renney's fault.

Does Weekes play tomorrow against NJ, I think he plays. What else is there to lose.

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Does Weekes play tomorrow against NJ, I think he plays. What else is there to lose.
I come right back with Lundqvist.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:46 PM
NYROrtsFan

Good thing Malik wasn't out there... The guy drives people nuts but he's still good for this team... Whether it is getting that first pass out of the zone or it is just keeping Jagr happy, he's good for the team.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThirdEye

Jagr's obviously depressed and/or in a slump. He started off the season alright then bam - ship wreck. I assure you he will come out of it but its too late anyway

By the way, I thought most of you were already acquainted with Jagr's constant mood swings. He's just that kind of player and it will only stop once he goes.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
No, no more come on now. When are you people going to realize that Jagr is the reason this team sleep walks through games. He is the captain, he is supposed to be the leader, he is supposed to set an example. He is the LAZIEST player on the team 95% of the time. What does that say to the rest of the team? This guy has been getting cut too much slack for too long now. It's time for people to start blaming HIM for this teams problems. HE IS SUPPOSED to be the BEST player on this team. He hasn't even been the 5th best player on this team this year.
oh, now jagr is the reason why arent making the playoffs.

this team shouldnt be supposed to make the playoffs in the first place, but this is new york, there is no grey zone, you make the playoffs, win the stanley cup or you dont and the fans are screaming doomsday.

seriously.. what do you expect?
making the playoffs?
with that lineup?
with that coach behind the bench?
get yourself some glasses, this team isnt even ahl material.
what do we got?
jagr,shanahan, lundqvist who is extremely inconsistent in his sophomore year, a young tyutin who could be a great defender in the future but should NOT be our no.1 d-man (but is because our defense is crap) and we got prucha who doesnt even get the icetime he deserves.
the rest is ahl material, at best.

jason krog? blair betts?

if you wanna blame someone , blame renney hes not only responsible for the lineup, hes also responsible for this lousy stat of mind this teams in.

you are blaming jagr because he floats, why dont you blame nylander for being a primadonna in the d-zone stickhandling and deking three guys and almost giving the puck away?

the sky is falling, rangers wont make the playoffs...

one would think youd learn how to lose but all we hear is these rants.

why dont you ask yourself for the possible reasons jagr might be lazy? or why nylander doesnt learn how to make a clear play instead of dancing like a figureskater in his own end?

if i was on this team id probably be the exact same.. cash in my money and do whatever the **** i want, what do i have to fear? renney?
this team doesnt respect this idiot, and for a reason.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
A good draft pick....go with whichever goalie gives this team the best chance to lose. Or just let Jagr turn over the puck some more and slowly head to the bench for a line change.

Old
02-05-2007, 08:50 PM
WheresBarnaby

I think he's right on the money MrAlfie. If he wasn't wearing the C it wouldn't be a problem, fact is good captains lead, and Jagr doesn't.

He certainly isn't the only reason. But at the end of the day, you have to look at he and Renney. Responsiblity is the price you pay. Every time the Rangers are mentioned it's "the Rangers are only as good as Jagr" and while the rest of the team needs to step it up as well, you have to look to your captain.

Old
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
oh, now jagr is the reason why arent making the playoffs.

this team shouldnt be supposed to make the playoffs in the first place, but this is new york, there is no grey zone, you make the playoffs, win the stanley cup or you dont and the fans are screaming doomsday.

seriously.. what do you expect?
making the playoffs?
with that lineup?
with that coach behind the bench?
get yourself some glasses, this team isnt even ahl material.
what do we got?
jagr,shanahan, lundqvist who is extremely inconsistent in his sophomore year, a young tyutin who could be a great defender in the future but should NOT be our no.1 d-man (but is because our defense is crap) and we got prucha who doesnt even get the icetime he deserves.
the rest is ahl material, at best.

jason krog? blair betts?

if you wanna blame someone , blame renney hes not only responsible for the lineup, hes also responsible for this lousy stat of mind this teams in.

you are blaming jagr because he floats, why dont you blame nylander for being a primadonna in the d-zone stickhandling and deking three guys and almost giving the puck away?

the sky is falling, rangers wont make the playoffs...

one would think youd learn how to lose but all we hear is these rants.

why dont you ask yourself for the possible reasons jagr might be lazy? or why nylander doesnt learn how to make a clear play instead of dancing like a figureskater in his own end?

if i was on this team id probably be the exact same.. cash in my money and do whatever the **** i want, what do i have to fear? renney?
this team doesnt respect this idiot, and for a reason.
I guess the word opinion doesnt come to mind. While he hasnt been completely to blame, I agree with what Balej says, he hasnt been helping. (Jagr)

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
MrAlfie

are you guys even reading/listening to what you are saying?

you are blaming ONE player for all this mess?

id rather blame the guy who is responsible for the attitude/product and lineup on the ice that shows up every single game.
youve gotta be kidding me.

now because one user decides to let his anger out on one player everyone agrees to jump on the "bash the jag" bandwaggon?

im sorry but thats just plain stupid.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote