HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
When Eller plays with the same line mates for more then 5 mins and his production sucks then you can ***** all you want.

He's literally played with everyone on the roster every other shift.

Ps OP has 1 post and this is it. Smells like someone trying to start something for no reason. Maybe I should make a new account and make a post on why does DD get 5+ mins of pp time when he only has 27 pts.
DD gets all this time on the PP because his butt buddy MT puts him there and his lover Max paccioretty is also there friggin ****** canoe.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
lostriver

vCash: 500
got slammed by severe therrienillitis

Old
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Ineverplayedthegame

Bad PDO. Seriously. That **** got Grabovski and Gilbert bought out last summer.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... You wanna know how to screw up a perfectly valid opinion?

Distort facts.
Ya because DD was on pace for 20 pts in the first 2 months of the season playing with sophomores and 0 PP time compared to now.

Eller, you know sucked, 0pts in 20 games and was getting Pp time, teams best players etc.

God that 27 pts in 54 games, 5+ mins a game of PP time, majority of the Ozone starts, 0 defensive responsibility, teams only pure goal scorer (who's trash 2 games out of 5).
And that vision. Omg that vision is elite. All those power play points, all those sick one timers. My so much vision my eyes hurt!

God what would the Habs do losing 7 pts!! The humanity! Someone save the Queen!!

Old
02-03-2014, 06:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I agree to an extent, but it's not like Eller beat DD flat out of the line-up. Eller has to steal DD's spot like DD stole Gomez's spot, he needs to beat him at it, which he hasn't done so far. I hate DD as much as the next guy and I'm disgusted Galchenyuk isn't playing enough on the PP... but DD has seniority over both of them and they need to take his place by beating him out of the line-up like Beaulieu just did with Diaz. Don't give me crap excuses. Eller needs to earn it.
it will not happen playing with Bourque and Prust.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Eller needed to continue being a force and constantly beat DD out of the line-up. What did Eller do when DD was scratched ? Nothing. What did Eller do when DD was on the 4th line ? Nothing.

And I can't believe you guys are making me defend DD. I don't like him at all ! I want him off the team ASAP.

If Eller was that good, he would make players around him better. As a matter of fact, it is Galchenyuk and Gallagher who made Eller look good, not the other way around.
that's BS, there very few NHLers who can do that.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:31 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
it will not happen playing with Bourque and Prust.
Dont matter who he plays with.lars is a good 3 rd line center who is
Good for 40/45 points.I think habs fans had him way overrated when we got him.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
If Eller was that good, he would make players around him better.
...as opposed to David Desharnais, who just makes everyone around him worse...but, hey, keep backing that one-trick (My Little) pony...

Old
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
45 pts = 3rd line ? guess you dont watch hockey much...

Old
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
The simple solution for Eller right now is that MT should reunite the EGG line and keep it that way for the remainder of the season.
This is obvious to me. That was a good line that was broken up when the Briere experiment failed. For some reason I still have difficulty seeing, the Habs thought that Briere would fit with Desharnais and Pacioretty as well as or better than Cole did during the Bad Season. What a stupid notion. The Samsonov signing made more sense.

The Habs had a solid line in the EGG and two settled duos in Plekanec-Gionta and Desharnais-Pacioretty. They couldn't make the leftover pieces fit consistently. So it's been: move Gallagher to make the Desharnais line work (and Galchenyuk to spark Plekanec and Gionta), and let the bingo machine figure out the rest.

They had a good thing in the EGG but they wanted a different good thing in Desharnais. If the team wasn't now one of the worst offensive teams in the league and generally falling, then I wouldn't think that breaking the EGG and squandering Eller is bad management and/or coaching overall.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
I agree to an extent, but it's not like Eller beat DD flat out of the line-up. Eller has to steal DD's spot like DD stole Gomez's spot, he needs to beat him at it, which he hasn't done so far. I hate DD as much as the next guy and I'm disgusted Galchenyuk isn't playing enough on the PP... but DD has seniority over both of them and they need to take his place by beating him out of the line-up like Beaulieu just did with Diaz. Don't give me crap excuses. Eller needs to earn it.
I think Eller beat him out clean going back last year and the beginning of this one. But he wasn't quite good enough to beat out Desharnais' new 4 year contract. Seniority is a laaaaaame excuse. We're talking about a guy with one good season, which happened to be during the Habs worst regular season in however long it was.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:47 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
Actually 99.9% of Habs fans had no idea who he was.
He was under-rated and still is by most.

He's not going to be 80-90 pts center, but give him competent line mates and PP time and he'll put up 60-70ish points. He has the skill and talent and it's being wasted for the only reason I can think of is DD is from Quebec and he's and idol?(wtf kind of idol is that may I ask?).

Old
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
dont remember you saying something positive about him...
Wait until more people hate on him and bash Gauthier for trading for him.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:09 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
But wasn't Eller flying at the beginning of the year, and then MT took it away by breaking the line up in order to get DD going?? Eller is a better C-man than DD but he gets crap for linemates, and crap for ice time in comparison...and I like DD, but MT's idiocy drives me insane...we need a big C-man on the ice more, and we have one, but he is on the bench...

Old
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If anything, DD was demoted, scratched, 4th lined, scratched, tweeted to Hamilton, 4th lined... and ended up playing well on the 4th line with nobody doing anything up front (for a 2-game stint...), hence got "called back" to first line.

Once could say he "deserved" he spot back, but I would actually have liked to see him "deserved" for a wee bit longer.
Desharnais was de-Pacioretty'd not really demoted. Never played on the 4th line, 3rd line was the worst he's played since his rookie season. Always PP time, praises from coach, pressboxed saying they didn't want to embarrass him on the 4th line and other soff tactics as if he's some sort of key to the franchise with no hesitation to show favoritism. Then again, he's got a huge cult fan following so I guess it's not that surprising.

Eller has 47 points in a 71 game stretch dating back to last season (30p in 42gm, 17pt in 29gm). Yet he gets limited PP time, his line gets no leeway to getting a couple games without points and broken up, moved to wing, and actually got 4th line minutes after getting 4 points in prior 6 games, degraded by coach, and his play gets worse and worse.

Hopefully if his time is done with MTL, Habs get something more than a Wiese.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:11 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...as opposed to David Desharnais, who just makes everyone around him worse...but, hey, keep backing that one-trick (My Little) pony...
Hey, I'm the one who invented that expression !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
But wasn't Eller flying at the beginning of the year, and then MT took it away by breaking the line up in order to get DD going?? Eller is a better C-man than DD but he gets crap for linemates, and crap for ice time in comparison...and I like DD, but MT's idiocy drives me insane...we need a big C-man on the ice more, and we have one, but he is on the bench...
Eller had Galchenyuk though.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
otto bond

Eller need Chucky...end of story. He needs a play maker on his wing.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:22 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Hey, I'm the one who invented that expression !

Eller had Galchenyuk though.
Eller did have Chucky, and they both sit on the bench with almost 0 in PP time...guess who's line starts every PP now, with an offensive zone face off...?

Old
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Weise

Old
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
SouthernHab

The giant elephant in the room that no one is discussing is not related to his offensive output. Yes, Eller is forced to play with Bourque and Prust who are not offensive juggernauts.

The most worrisome issue is his +/-. Eller is at a -10. The highest for forwards on our team.

Looking at Advanced Stats, Eller has been on the ice for 34 goals against. DD has been on the ice for 22 goals against. Pleks 24 goals against.

Pleks averages 2:49 SH per game. Eller 1:28 SH per game.

These stats are more troubling than his scoring efforts.

I hope he is able to turn it around because we need his size at C.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Moen - White - Weise
If you are going to move Gallagher off of the DD line, at least give DD a scoring threat like Briere.

Bourque is useless, regardless of what line he is on.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Moen - White - Weise
no Bournival?

Old
02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
It's all about confidence, Eller has everything to succeed. Dr Guimond already help him in the past, I'm don't really understand why it didn't last..?
Do you honestly not understand why it didn't last?

He starts the season scoring 6pts in 3 games and game 4 his line is broken up.
For the next 18 games any his lines are changed every couple of games. Basically anytime he goes a game without scoring his line is broken up.
Then he gets taken off the PP completely in favour of a guy who had 1 pt in 19 games. A guy he outproduced the year before even though he had no PP time.
He gets moved to wing where he's clearly uncomfortable.

Is it any wonder why his confidence is shot?

Eller did everything you could hope for and still got treated as an afterthought that couldn't be trusted in an offensive role. We basically told him no matter what you do it won't be good enough.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The giant elephant in the room that no one is discussing is not related to his offensive output. Yes, Eller is forced to play with Bourque and Prust who are not offensive juggernauts.

The most worrisome issue is his +/-. Eller is at a -10. The highest for forwards on our team.

Looking at Advanced Stats, Eller has been on the ice for 34 goals against. DD has been on the ice for 22 goals against. Pleks 24 goals against.

Pleks averages 2:49 SH per game. Eller 1:28 SH per game.

These stats are more troubling than his scoring efforts.

I hope he is able to turn it around because we need his size at C.
+/- is a near useless stat.

Beyond its dubious utility, by continually playing with garbage wingers and 2nd and 3rd tier defensive pairings, how exactly is Eller supposed to regularly go + on the ice? Give anyone a line of Prust-Bourque and regular playing time w/ Bouillon-Gorges-Murray, and they're gonna have a negative rating.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:58 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
+/- is a near useless stat.

Beyond its dubious utility, by continually playing with garbage wingers and 2nd and 3rd tier defensive pairings, how exactly is Eller supposed to regularly go + on the ice? Give anyone a line of Prust-Bourque and regular playing time w/ Bouillon-Gorges-Murray, and they're gonna have a negative rating.

Read again. I went here............

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#

I am not looking exclusively at +/-. I am looking at actual raw goals scored while on the ice, also taking into account a comparison of short handed play with Pleks.

Blaming Prust is foolish as well. He has been on the ice for 19 goals. Bourque has been on the ice for 17.

All of our forwards have played at some point with Murray, Bouillon and Gorges. And that argument falls flat because Gorges has been on the ice for only 27 goals.

Subban leads the pack with 46 goals against and Markov with 39 goals.

Sorry to say it but your excuses dont match reality.

Closed Thread