HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Ineverplayedthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Read again. I went here............

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#

I am not looking exclusively at +/-. I am looking at actual raw goals scored while on the ice, also taking into account a comparison of short handed play with Pleks.

Blaming Prust is foolish as well. He has been on the ice for 19 goals. Bourque has been on the ice for 17.

All of our forwards have played at some point with Murray, Bouillon and Gorges. And that argument falls flat because Gorges has been on the ice for only 27 goals.

Subban leads the pack with 46 goals against and Markov with 39 goals.

Sorry to say it but your excuses dont match reality.
Look at on ice SV%.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

Bring back the EGG line and he will score some points again. I'm 100% sure of that.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM
deandebean

Nothing happened to Lars. That's how he plays. His work ethic needs some great fine tuning. He's learning to be a pro. Has some skills but lets never forget where he comes from. His hockey saavy is very raw. He could become a very solid hockey player, but I don't believe the Habs will have the patience to let him grow into a well rounded player at,let's say 28 years old.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Bring back the EGG line and he will score some points again. I'm 100% sure of that.
Not because of him but because of Gallagher.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:06 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineverplayedthegame View Post
Look at on ice SV%.
Price hates Eller.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:16 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Do you honestly not understand why it didn't last?

He starts the season scoring 6pts in 3 games and game 4 his line is broken up.
For the next 18 games any his lines are changed every couple of games. Basically anytime he goes a game without scoring his line is broken up.
Then he gets taken off the PP completely in favour of a guy who had 1 pt in 19 games. A guy he outproduced the year before even though he had no PP time.
He gets moved to wing where he's clearly uncomfortable.

Is it any wonder why his confidence is shot?

Eller did everything you could hope for and still got treated as an afterthought that couldn't be trusted in an offensive role. We basically told him no matter what you do it won't be good enough.
Great post.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Cyclones Rock

Eller is prone to going absolutely frozen cold.

He's on a 14 game pointless streak with only 3 points (1 assist) over his last 27 games.

In 2011-12, he had a 26 game streak in which he had only 1 assist (5 goals).

In 2010-11, he opened the season with 1 point (an assist) in the first 20 games. Later that season, he had a 14 game zero point streak and overlapping that streak had a 26 game streak with 1 goal and 1 assist.

So, other than the truncated 2012-13 season, Eller has had at least a 26 game streak where he has had only one assist.

One really has to dig deep into the horse manure pile to suggest that the problem with Eller is anything but a lack of playmaking talent. A talented playmaker would not have 3 such streaks in the 3 full seasons that he's played.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...gevin/82/57701

A forum with comments that aren't fawning all over Eller and make every excuse in the book for him like the majority of the group on hf does.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 02-03-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old
02-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

before they trade him,be nice to see him with a coach who plays up tempo OFFENSE..

Old
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhurite View Post
Do you blame him or Therrien?
Therrien

Old
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post

He's on a 14 game pointless streak with only 3 points (1 assist) over his last 27 games.

In 2010-11, he opened the season with 1 point (an assist) in the first 20 games. Later that season, he had a 14 game zero point streak and overlapping that streak had a 26 game streak with 1 goal and 1 assist.

So, other than the truncated 2012-13 season, Eller has had at least a 26 game streak where he has had only one assist.

One really has to dig deep into the horse manure pile to suggest that the problem with Eller is anything but a lack of playmaking talent. A talented playmaker would not have 3 such streaks in the 3 full seasons that he's played.

A forum with comments that doesn't fawn over Eller and make every excuse in the book for him like the majority of the group on hf does.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
This is what you wrote:

Quote:
The most worrisome issue is his +/-. Eller is at a -10. The highest for forwards on our team.
So despite explicitly saying his +/- rating was the most worrisome issue, you actually weren't taking about +/-? Perhaps instead of asking people to baby step you through your own post, you should try actually writing coherently?

Quote:

I am not looking exclusively at +/-. I am looking at actual raw goals scored while on the ice, also taking into account a comparison of short handed play with Pleks.
Raw goals scored is just that, raw data without any context whatsoever; the only context you attempted to use was +/- which was why I pointed out that it's a near useless stat. So, go back and read my post again, since you obviously didn't understand it, and this time try and realize that I was pointing out to you that the filter you were using to interpret RAW data was faulty.

Also not sure why you're talking about SH play when you provided 5-on-5 numbers...

Quote:
Blaming Prust is foolish as well. He has been on the ice for 19 goals. Bourque has been on the ice for 17.

Wow. Blaming Prust for not scoring goals while playing with Eller is foolish? Let me simplify my point (again) for you.

We play Eller with guys who can't score.

If no one playing with Eller can score, how is his +/- or GF On stat supposed to rise?

Also, what a brilliant argument "(Prust) has been on the ice for 19 goals. Bourque has been on the ice for 17" is.

I wonder why a player like Eller, who averages 16:50 ice-time/game, may be on the ice for more GA than a player who averages 14:52 (Bourque) and Prust (12:41). One wonders why you simply didn't just click on the "GA On/60" stat column? I imagine it's because it simply didn't occur to you, or because when you do, you see that Eller has a GA On/60 minutes that's comparable to everyone else on the team.

The very idea that you're incapable of taking into acount the NATURE of someone's ice-time (defensive assignments vs. offensve assignments) shows how useless your "analysis" is. By your standards, David Desharnais (-1 / GA On 22 / GA on per sixty minutes 1.86) is one of our best defensive forwards

Seriously: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/context

Quote:
All of our forwards have played at some point with Murray, Bouillon and Gorges. And that argument falls flat because Gorges has been on the ice for only 27 goals.
So in your eyes, all forwards on the Habs have roughly the same amount of time spent playing with Murray, Bouillon, and Gorges?

Quote:
That's your opinion, and we can clearly see what that's worth

Old
02-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Miller Time

Michel Therrien happened...

Old
02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Michel Therrien happened...
No, no, it's entirely Eller's fault

Old
02-03-2014, 09:44 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Subban leads the pack with 46 goals against and Markov with 39 goals.

looking at the numbers, one could be tempted to think a guy like Briere is better than Eller defensively... and that guys like Briere, Desharnais and Bourque are better defensively than Plekanec...

no context = meaningless stat.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:50 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Not because of him but because of Gallagher.
I see, if he get some points again it'll be because of someone else. because of the guy who saw his production drop significantly in the last 30 games no less.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM
habitue*

Quote:

A forum with comments that aren't fawning all over Eller and make every excuse in the book for him like the majority of the group on hf does.

Finally someone who got it.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Habs

His ego was writing paychecks his body couldn't cash.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Jigger77

Has all the tools, works hard, just lacks hockey sense.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Desharnais was de-Pacioretty'd not really demoted. Never played on the 4th line, 3rd line was the worst he's played since his rookie season. Always PP time, praises from coach, pressboxed saying they didn't want to embarrass him on the 4th line and other soff tactics as if he's some sort of key to the franchise with no hesitation to show favoritism. Then again, he's got a huge cult fan following so I guess it's not that surprising.

Eller has 47 points in a 71 game stretch dating back to last season (30p in 42gm, 17pt in 29gm). Yet he gets limited PP time, his line gets no leeway to getting a couple games without points and broken up, moved to wing, and actually got 4th line minutes after getting 4 points in prior 6 games, degraded by coach, and his play gets worse and worse.

Hopefully if his time is done with MTL, Habs get something more than a Wiese.
Desharnais, when he came back in the lineup, clearly played with Travis Moen and Ryan White.

If that is a 3rd line, well, that's a 3rd line that should be a 4th line.

Then again, I agree he should "earned" his way upwards more than he did.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:14 PM
calder candidate

Eller fine he just doesn't have any winger or PP time

Old
02-03-2014, 10:15 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Ya because DD was on pace for 20 pts in the first 2 months of the season playing with sophomores and 0 PP time compared to now.

Eller, you know sucked, 0pts in 20 games and was getting Pp time, teams best players etc.

God that 27 pts in 54 games, 5+ mins a game of PP time, majority of the Ozone starts, 0 defensive responsibility, teams only pure goal scorer (who's trash 2 games out of 5).
And that vision. Omg that vision is elite. All those power play points, all those sick one timers. My so much vision my eyes hurt!

God what would the Habs do losing 7 pts!! The humanity! Someone save the Queen!!
Give me HARD EVIDENCE that the underline is true, and then I'll admit you're not into distorting facts.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Eller is overrated by habs fans but he hasn't gotten a lot to work with either.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:20 PM
MXD

Quote:

This board is totally not critical enough towards Lars Eller.

But geez, that's going the total other way around, with the proverbial icing on the cake being refering to that 2010-11 season where Lars Eller was barely NHL material as a whole (and everybody, their mother and their dog knowing it, except for Pierre Gauthier).

Old
02-03-2014, 10:24 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post

Finally someone who got it.
maybe we should just remove the 20 or so games he doesnt produce from his stats and then act as if these games never happened ?

Old
02-03-2014, 10:27 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
This board is totally not critical enough towards Lars Eller.

But geez, that's going the total other way around, with the proverbial icing on the cake being refering to that 2010-11 season where Lars Eller was barely NHL material as a whole (and everybody, their mother and their dog knowing it, except for Pierre Gauthier).
dont bother, all he care about is making other C look bad so he can come here and praise his boy.

Closed Thread