HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers looking at Tyutin/Rachunek/Rozsival?

Old
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I know, every year in school is hell. I try so hard to stick up for the Rangers but theres so many damn Devil fans shoving it down my neck. Thought I finally had bragging rights last year but nope, they blew it at the end, lost me some money and got me some brooms.
there are people in ure school who like hockey?

theres one kid in my school that actually knows about hockey and he just moved from canada and is a hab fan

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:20 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
this thread is funny to me.. not so much because i don't agree with the overreaction and over valueing by ranger fans

but it goes to show how sad our defense is when we really can't even fathom trading tyutin.. especially if its to a team like edmonton that can offer a lot

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Oh I think we'd trade him...but we would HAVE to be the clear winner of the deal. No question

02-05-2007, 11:24 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post

theres one kid in my school that actually knows about hockey and he just moved from canada and is a hab fan
just curious.. what school do you go to?

you're greek.. so i'm gonna say you're in astoria

Old
02-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
just curious.. what school do you go to?

you're greek.. so i'm gonna say you're in astoria
close im always in astoria for alot of things

but i go to saint francis prep inn flushing

Old
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
in the hall

Quote:
close im always in astoria for alot of things

but i go to saint francis prep inn flushing
cool.. i figured it was in queens though.. so how is there only one other hockey fan?

prep has (or had) a good CHSAA hockey team when i was in HS

Old
02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
cool.. i figured it was in queens though.. so how is there only one other hockey fan?

prep has (or had) a good CHSAA hockey team when i was in HS

they still do

but wen i say "fan who knows hockey" i mean somebody who knows beyond matt cullen as far as the nhl or proffesional hockey goes

like me and that kid i mentioned are prbly the only people who know who a guy like kopitar is

Old
02-05-2007, 11:45 PM
in the hall

Quote:
they still do

but wen i say "fan who knows hockey" i mean somebody who knows beyond matt cullen as far as the nhl or proffesional hockey goes

like me and that kid i mentioned are prbly the only people who know who a guy like kopitar is
ahh ok i didn't really understand

Old
02-06-2007, 12:00 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:

Yeah a lot of people like hockey actually. I'm in the minority of Ranger fans though. Mainly Devil fans and 1 die-hard Sharks fan (even though he has lived in NJ his whole life). I've always wanted the Rangers to win the cup so I could make (or probably buy) a tin foil stanley cup hat to where to school with my Rangers jersey, too bad that probably won't happen since it's my last year in school before college.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

it pisses me off though cuz like wen the joe thorton deal went down i was so excited but had no1 to discuss it with other than u ppl on the boards

Old
02-06-2007, 12:58 AM
lotus

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no not for ANYONE. I love this kid, no. Tell them to back the hell off !

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:12 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

We should send Kevin Lowe a postcard with Tyutin on it. Look all you want, I think he'll be a steller 2nd pairing d-man for the Rangers for many years.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Cerebral

If the Oilers are actually scouting the Rangers, Rozsival is likely the guy they're looking at (and I pray they don't try to trade for him, I'm not a fan to put it lightly). Like I said on the Oilers board, I can't see why the Rangers would even consider moving Tyutin at this point in time.

02-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I'm sure many teams would love Tytuin.....The Rangers are INFAMOUS for trading good players who are destined to be GREAT....for short term rewards

Hopefully those days are gone.

At the very least the Oilers would have to OVERPAY to get him.
I don't know about infamous...overstated maybe. There's few players that the Rangers have traded that the team didn't know in advance what they were trading in the last 20 years. The exceptions might be Aaron Miller and Todd Marchant, both of whom have had solid careers, as has Mattias Nordstrom.

But looking through the trades that they've made in the last 20 years, the guys like Weight, Amonte, Johnsson and Zubov were all established quantities on Broadway before they were moved.

Under Sather the only guy they've really traded who amounted to anything was Marek Zidlicky. You could perhaps make arguments for Ekman and Armstrong, but both came from other organizations first and Ekman appears to have been a bit of a fluke, not having done a whole lot since leaving San Jose.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Cerebral

Rachunek/Rozsival?

It sounds like the Oilers and the Rangers have been scouting each other a decent amount over the past week or so. Given the Oilers need for a defenceman, I'm guessing they have been looking at both Rachunek and Rozsival (although it looks like Rozsival has missed the last few games).

First off, what do you guys think of the two players? I'll admit I'm not a huge Rozsival fan but I haven't seen him play much this year and it sounds like he's been good for you guys. Is he still making a lot of stupid mistakes? He has looked like a solid puck mover in the past, is this still true? As for Rachunek, how has he played? He has actually been really effective on the powerplay in limited minutes, does he have some untapped offensive potential? Is he good on the breakout? Anything you guys can tell me about the two would be great.

Secondly, what would it take for the Oilers to acquire one of the two? Do you guys think either of them are available? If so, what would it likely cost to make a deal happen?

Thank you!

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Geogaddi

It really Depends. With the way that our Team is in Such Limbo in wether we have a chance to make the playoffs, it really questions who Sather and Company would Deal.

Rozsival has, IMO, been our 3rd best D-man behind Toots and Ward. He still has his Screw ups, wether it be the Break out pass or just leaving it behind him. But I like how he turned around what looked to be a Mediocre season for him. Def has been stronger in his own zone, and is seeing the whole ice alot better, then he was in the beginning of the Season.

Rachunek has been one of our more Sound D-men. Never really much Benefit coming from him, but at the same time not much chaos either. He also as the season has gone on has Picked up his play. Hes Currently playing With Rozsival with Malik out Could be used alot better for a Point shot on the PP, as he does have a Decent Shot, and showed that he can put up points (RSL Stats). I still Dont think hes Being Used Correctly here and could use alot more PP time, Renney and his staff just seem to be lost as to what to do with the PP here and dont seem to give him a Fair chance to show what he could Really do. Quite a shame actually.

I see the Rangers being more Reluctant in letting Rozsival go then Rachunek. But as for what? I really wouldnt know as to what the Oilers would move...Prospects or Roster Players.

Last edited by Geogaddi: 02-06-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:00 AM
dumpsathernow*

A. Ward hasn't played nearly as well as Rosival this year. I would feel good about Rosival playing with Staal. However, it would be foolish as I said earlier to not sell high on Rosival. I think they can bring back a mid to late 1 and a prospect for him. I listed what GM's gave up last year and in many of those deals they gave up a lot for pretty average players. Rosival the way he has played, given his age and salary, is not average. He's played very solid this year.

I would assume the Oilers have a lot of interest in somebody like Rosival. Question is what do you ask for in return. They aren't going to trade Schremp. So I would assume they either ask for their first round pick and a lesser prospect or maybe somebody like Pouliot straight up for Rosival. The price for solid defenseman come playoff time is high. I'm not sure if the Oilers think they can make a serious run again with the competition from teams like Nashville and the Ducks.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:13 AM
gaglinefan

Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Untouchable. Part of our defensive core for years to come I'd say. Want Malik?
Listen, he is growing into a front line Dman and is not tradeable. We want to win, however we really want to build a competitive team that will win for years to come, Toots made the club.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
What about prospect Tom Gilbert (top defense prospect, played for Wisconsin I believe last year, scored the Frozen Four winner), rookie Jan Hejda (a surprising success as he's starting to play 24+ minutes of solid hockey against the opposition top lines this season), and a 1st for Tyutin and a 2nd?
If the Rangers are going to deal Tyutin, they would need a similar player back that is a young, very good player. They will not want prospects.

02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Unless the Rangers are giving up, and the trade for Avery shows otherwise, they can not deal Tyutin or Roszival, their best two D-men...The other four that played last night looked like AHL D-men most of the time and the Rangers need a D-man just as much or more then the OIlers..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I know, every year in school is hell. I try so hard to stick up for the Rangers but theres so many damn Devil fans shoving it down my neck. Thought I finally had bragging rights last year but nope, they blew it at the end, lost me some money and got me some brooms.
Devils fans are nowhere near as bad as the Islander fans of the 1980's dynasty years. They used to throw spitballs at me during homeroom and chant, "1940" every time they passed me in the hallway. Once they covered my entire locker with Islander bumper stickers, and I couldn't get the [bleeping] things off.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Roszival has been our second best dman, and on some nights the first. Lets face it guys. The Rangers defense blows. Its not saying much about Rozy anyway. The guy on a contender will probably be in the second pairing, because hes ok, and can log minutes.

But he doesnt shoot like the rest of them and he is still symptomatic of the Rangers woes. I think the Rangers could really sell high on this guy now if they are smart about it and get some good pieces back. Hopefully if they do, they just dont give him away.. because if the rangers were to get some better D next year, i wouldnt mind having Roszival here, but playing less minutes.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
If the Oilers are actually scouting the Rangers, Rozsival is likely the guy they're looking at (and I pray they don't try to trade for him, I'm not a fan to put it lightly). Like I said on the Oilers board, I can't see why the Rangers would even consider moving Tyutin at this point in time.
Teams can look at whoever they want to. Teams can also decide to offer an overpayment. Teams can also shoot down whatever deal comes their way for a guy they deem untouchable.

Just because the Rangers may not consider moving Tyutin, it doesn't make him invisible to EDM.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:

There are Devils fans out there? Really?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Nich

croats really run astoria....you just don't know it

seriously, just offer them malik for a 3rd

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote