HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The totally off Ek says...

Old
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

vCash: 500
If big bert ever pulled off any of the crap he pulled in Vancouver and Florida, Bergie and Villeneuve would stab him in his sleep ...

add to that some drunk boo bird screaming : NANANA NA NANANA NA EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Goodbye ...

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Man I live in Vancouver, I watched this guy stink it up all of last year. You think just because he had 7 points in 7 games he was going to rip it up? He got 4 of those in one night in his first game in a 8-3 dribbling over the Bruins. Bertuzzi's career is over.
Your stretching it man, just cause you have bad blood for him doesnt mean his career is over.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:31 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
As previously stated Bertuzzi had an off-year last year, and who woudn't playing in the conditions he was playing. Leaving Vancouver was the only solution after the Moore hit. Too bad for him though he just had to get back problems after what was more then respectable start. Bertuzzi would know why Bob went after him if we were to trade for him. Having 2 powerforward wingers in our top6 would be something very rare
We have a power forward now ?

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

To MTL: Todd Bertuzzi and Nathan Horton

To FLA: Sergei Samsonov, Michael Ryder, Alexander Perezhogin, Jaroslav Halak and 1st rounder

I don't know it the Panthers would bite but it would sure look great for us.

They're 99% sure out of the playoffs. Big Bert isn't likely to resign with them (and he would be a rental since he wouldn't resign with us too) so Samsonov could help them next year if he can step up his game. If the reports about Horton wanting out are true, Ryder might be an interesting replacement for them. For sure, they wouldn't trade Horton straight up for him but Perezhogin might blossomed in a really good player with them. He would have a lot more chances and a lot more ice time. Halak would help them in goals and he has the potential to be a number one goalie as I see it. However, he will likely be a solid backup. I think they would take the chance with him. And let's not forget the 1st.

Basically it's:

Bertuzzi for Samsonov and Halak (slightly in favor of the Habs)
Horton for Ryder, Perezhogin and 1st (slightly in favor of the Panthers)

My lines:

Bertuzzi-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Horton
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

or

Bertuzzi-Koivu-Horton
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

If Higgins can find his game back, the spot on the 2nd line is to him.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
hate to credit Eklund but i have to give credit where credit is due...his site was the first that i saw report the trade to the Rangers (ahead of sportsnet/tsn/rds)
To be fair, here's where I've seen this piece of news 1st.

http://hockey-leaks.blogspot.com/

BTW, I'm in now way associated with this website. Just trying to give the credit where it's due.

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post

To FLA: Sergei Samsonov, Michael Ryder, Alexander Perezhogin, Jaroslav Halak and 1st rounder

I don't know it the Panthers would bite but it would sure look great for us.

They're 99% sure out of the playoffs. Big Bert isn't likely to resign with them (and he would be a rental since he wouldn't resign with us too) so Samsonov could help them next year if he can step up his game. If the reports about Horton wanting out are true, Ryder might be an interesting replacement for them. For sure, they wouldn't trade Horton straight up for him but Perezhogin might blossomed in a really good player with them. He would have a lot more chances and a lot more ice time. Halak would help them in goals and he has the potential to be a number one goalie as I see it. However, he will likely be a solid backup. I think they would take the chance with him. And let's not forget the 1st.

Basically it's:

Bertuzzi for Samsonov and Halak (slightly in favor of the Habs)
Horton for Ryder, Perezhogin and 1st (slightly in favor of the Panthers)

My lines:

Bertuzzi-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Horton
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

or

Bertuzzi-Koivu-Horton
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

If Higgins can find his game back, the spot on the 2nd line is to him.
This is even more ridiculous than your Kovalev for Malone thread.

Hey, while you're at it, you should add Jokinen and Bouwmeester for Niniimaa, Aebischer and a 3rd.

Old
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
To be fair, here's where I've seen this piece of news 1st.

http://hockey-leaks.blogspot.com/

BTW, I'm in now way associated with this website. Just trying to give the credit where it's due.
The user "boyd" posted about it on the trade rumors forum and everyone flamed him for a couple pages for not having a link...until it came true.

Not sure where he got HIS source from though...but I'll definitely be looking out for his posts on deadline day

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Bertuzzi? Grit? Gimme a break. Big Bert has none of it since the Moore incident.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
hate to credit Eklund but i have to give credit where credit is due...his site was the first that i saw report the trade to the Rangers (ahead of sportsnet/tsn/rds)
i dunno when he had it... but i actually saw it on TFP about 20 mins before anyone else

as for bertuzzi... i'd love him, but not sure we can afford him unless sammy or ninny's going the other way in a package

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillo Slim View Post
This is even more ridiculous than your Kovalev for Malone thread.

Hey, while you're at it, you should add Jokinen and Bouwmeester for Niniimaa, Aebischer and a 3rd.
Still not able to explain your point eh?

I don't even know if you think that I'm given not enough or too much.

Are you with the ones who say that Ryder straight up would fetch Horton or from the ones who said that we would have to give something really big to get Horton.

If you can't explain your point, don't loose your time to answer to my posts or just put me on your ignore list. In fact, next time you do it, that's what I'm going to do with you.

BTW, you're good to comment what people are saying. However, I've never see you show clearly an opinion...

Old
02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
znk

I'd much rather do this then get Aucoin and smolinsky

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

Are you with the ones who say that Ryder straight up would fetch Horton or from the ones who said that we would have to give something really big to get Horton.

If you can't explain your point, don't loose your time to answer to my posts or just put me on your ignore list. In fact, next time you do it, that's what I'm going to do with you.

BTW, you're good to comment what people are saying. However, I've never see you show clearly an opinion...
trades don't include 7 or 8 player and normally it's a star and then you add... not 2 stars like Horton and Bertuzzi, one is an UFA at season ends and the other is a key part of there future, so it makes ZERO sence

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
trades don't include 7 or 8 player and normally it's a star and then you add... not 2 stars like Horton and Bertuzzi, one is an UFA at season ends and the other is a key part of there future, so it makes ZERO sence
Bertuzzi is a star? That's news to me. Then, Kovalev is a star too. Stop to live in the past. Big Bert would be a good rental, but a star, come on.

Like I said in my post, that proposal is if the reports saying that Horton wants out are true.

I know that the Panthers would likely ask more. That said, where were you when people was saying that Ryder straight up in a thread a couple of days ago?

That said, I'm looking at it and I see that the Habs won this trade. Maybe I was biased quite a bit on this one.

Old
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro View Post
What the? Why would montreal want Avery
Avery would have been excellent in Montreal. A little toughness and energy for the playoff drive. Someone who can backup the talk.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Someone who can backup the talk.
hahahaha, he turtles more than any other NHL players. Loved how he litteraly ran away from lappy twice at the beginning of the season.

Eklund saying Montreal wanted him just show how fake his sources are. The Habs spend a fortune in marketing and have a great history of class and respect. They would never get such racist wuss.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Slick Nick

bull5hit as usual.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:34 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:

To FLA: Sergei Samsonov, Michael Ryder, Alexander Perezhogin, Jaroslav Halak and 1st rounder...
Intriguing in a non-cap world. But with a salary cap, and having to sign at least 2 of 3 UFA defensemen, or find other defensemen, how do we swing it?

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:25 AM
tinyzombies

I love Avery. All that talk is ridiculous. He was in the Rocket movie for crying out loud.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
Intriguing in a non-cap world. But with a salary cap, and having to sign at least 2 of 3 UFA defensemen, or find other defensemen, how do we swing it?
Bertuzzi would be a rental for this year. He wouldn't be resign.

Old
02-06-2007, 09:38 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
I love Avery. All that talk is ridiculous. He was in the Rocket movie for crying out loud.
He's a cancer in the dressing room.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Guy Germaine

[QUOTE=HabsoluteFate;7928391]his site was the first that i saw report the trade to the Rangers (ahead of sportsnet/tsn/rds)[/QUOTE

so what?? I knew about the trade before they reported it too...not because I have connections , because I heard Pierre McGuire announce it on the Melnick show as he received the message on his blueberry.

If I had been at my desk, I could've posted it here before anybody.

hmmmmm....I should start blogging...I'll call myself "the shadow blogger"!!

REALLY , where do you think Eklund gets his rumors from?? it's called a RADIO.
and from time to time, he hears something on it before it's made official by the press.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:13 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Bertuzzi would be a rental for this year. He wouldn't be resign.
So in the end you're saying, deal three roster players, a prospect, and a first-round draft pick for one guy.

That's Houlian in its ineptness.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
So in the end you're saying, deal three roster players, a prospect, and a first-round draft pick for one guy.

That's Houlian in its ineptness.
IMO if you took out Perezhogin or Halak, it would be pretty close to the right amount.
Three roster players might be tough to replace, though. Samsonov, Ryder, Halak and a 1st for Bertuzzi + some LW would be amenable.

Next season would be interesting though. I don't know where we'd get the money to fill the roster with UFA talent.

02-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
hahahaha, he turtles more than any other NHL players. Loved how he litteraly ran away from lappy twice at the beginning of the season.

He's not a heavyweight, but Avery will drop the gloves. Lapierre would make yellow stains on the ice, if he ever had to defend himself.

Gainey has to acquire some grit, and soon. Now that Avery is off the block (and was never a possiblility anyways), I hope Bob makes a move yet.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:17 AM
STAALing

Quote:

Indeed, purely a waste of time to extend my point if you can't even understand who gets the better end of a deal that involves us sending our crap (Ryder, Perezhogin and 1st that won't be really high) for the rising star that is Nathan Horton.

I'm not putting you on my ignore list since I need my daily habs-proposal laugh.