HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 10:29 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Give me HARD EVIDENCE that the underline is true, and then I'll admit you're not into distorting facts.
do you really need hard evidence to know Patches is the Habs best winger ?

really ?

Old
02-03-2014, 10:29 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
dont bother, all he care about is making other C look bad so he can come here and praise his boy.
Possibly, but as crude as it may sound, some do the same with their man. Which happens to be another center playing for this team.

Nonsense shouldn't be fought with nonsense.

Where's LyricalLyricist when we need him?

Old
02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
do you really need hard evidence to know Patches is the Habs best winger ?

really ?
I need hard evidence that DD played all his 20 first games with Patches, without getting any point whatsoever.

Good luck on both parts.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:33 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
I need hard evidence that DD played all his 20 first games with Patches, without getting any point whatsoever.

Good luck on both parts.
like 1 pt in 19 games is that different than 0 in 20...

come on now...

besides, if you need the evidence so badly, look it up for yourself.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Actually, the pressbox COULD have been an option, but this team can REALLY not afford it without taking Bournival off the wings, giving harder minutes to TP and DD (because Bournival CANNOT play at C the minutes Eller plays at C), and without accepting that the center line got from small to ridiculously small.

Other possible options (Daniel Brière and Brandon Prust; considering White is 4th C) shouldn't even be called options for Eller duties.

The ONLY, ONLY way I could see it is AG getting the call at C instead of Eller, but then again, that's all kind of stupid.
Next year AG should be at center. Pleks (barring a trade) will be at center. Our 3rd center (or 2nd) should be Eller. But that will interfere with MT's pet project DD.

And that's a big reason why I think some team might come in before the deadline and rip us off for Eller. Hopefully it doesn't happen but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:38 PM
MXD

Besides, I think we can agree on two things.

The best winger on this team is Max Pacioretty
The best center on this team is Thomas Plekanec

So, the best winger doesn't play with the best center. And we need to score more goals.

Solution : Give the said best winger to another guy who isn't even the best center.

How extremely pointless is that?

(Now, if youre telling one of the Gally, or possibly two of them -- at the moment, it's one at most -- should be playing with Eller in a attempt to balance out scoring... I can totally live with that and I sorta agree. DD will get all sort of **** thrown at him, because in that setup, the only winger that would end playing with him is Rene Bourque, thus the whole "DD always get the big players" crew will come up. But you can't really have it both ways. It's either Gallagher or Bourque for DD/Eller on RW, as Gionta is apparently glued to Plekanec)

Old
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM
MXD

Quote:
like 1 pt in 19 games is that different than 0 in 20...

come on now...

besides, if you need the evidence so badly, look it up for yourself.
DD didn't play all games with Pacioretty. If you disagree with that statement, feel free to try to prove me wrong (and thus lose quite a bit of minutes of your life). Key Word is "TRY".

Old
02-03-2014, 10:44 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
DD didn't play all games with Pacioretty. If you disagree with that statement, feel free to try to prove me wrong (and thus lose quite a bit of minutes of your life). Key Word is "TRY".
like I care enough

Old
02-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Spearmint Rhino

What happened?

Eller got off to a blazing start then MT threw him 2 boat anchors and asked him to keep swimming - Crosby would struggle to put up points with Bourque and Prust, bring back the EGG line and then ask what happened to Eller

Old
02-03-2014, 10:47 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Next year AG should be at center. Pleks (barring a trade) will be at center. Our 3rd center (or 2nd) should be Eller. But that will interfere with MT's pet project DD.

And that's a big reason why I think some team might come in before the deadline and rip us off for Eller. Hopefully it doesn't happen but I don't have a good feeling about this.
Explain "rip us off".

I don't disagree with the AG part. But if you think we're currently dreadful at wings, 'wait 'till you see what happens when AG is moved at C.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:48 PM
MXD

Quote:
like I care enough
Then just don't reply in the first place...?

Old
02-03-2014, 10:49 PM
DAChampion

2012-2013 is the second season in Habs history that we construct our offense around Desharnais.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
2012-2013 is the second season in Habs history that we construct our offense around Desharnais.
The first one worked out so well after all.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The first one worked out so well after all.
We did get Galchenyuk.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Besides, I think we can agree on two things.

The best winger on this team is Max Pacioretty
The best center on this team is Thomas Plekanec

So, the best winger doesn't play with the best center. And we need to score more goals.

Solution : Give the said best winger to another guy who isn't even the best center.

How extremely pointless is that?

(Now, if youre telling one of the Gally, or possibly two of them -- at the moment, it's one at most -- should be playing with Eller in a attempt to balance out scoring... I can totally live with that and I sorta agree. DD will get all sort of **** thrown at him, because in that setup, the only winger that would end playing with him is Rene Bourque, thus the whole "DD always get the big players" crew will come up. But you can't really have it both ways. It's either Gallagher or Bourque for DD/Eller on RW, as Gionta is apparently glued to Plekanec)
Not sure anybody said to make MaxPac play with Eller.
People want the EGG line reunited, and until then, at least move Gallagher back there.

But the lack of coaching this team has gotten is really remarkable. This dates back from training camp where I felt we completely wasted camp. I raised the issue back then too. Different line combinations and roles should have been tried. Galchenyuk centering players, MaxPac next to Plekanec, DD as a winger, Briere as a center, etc..
Obviously there is a limit to how many different combinations you can try in a limited time, but we needed to try some because changing things was inevitable. With 5 centers to fill 3 spots, we had to find out what was the best working lines. Keeping in mind that Plek-Galy-Eller is likely our future 3 centers, we needed to prioritize them as well over DD and DB.
Alas, nothing new was tried aside from putting DB with DD/MaxPac. Now, since November, this team has seen their possession numbers drop, as well as their PP.
Since Early December, the team plays for under .500 with no signs of improvements.
The whole team except for Price has actually regressed and on pace for less productive years.

Just terrible coaching all around.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:55 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Then just don't reply in the first place...?
I'll reply whenever I feel like it, thanks.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:55 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
We did get Galchenyuk.
If we do it again next year we might get Connor McDavid.

An ideal second line centre to play behind Desharnais.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:57 PM
MXD

Quote:
like I care enough
Quote:
I'll reply whenever I feel like it, thanks.
You can't have it both ways.

You care, or you don't.

You care = You show me evidence I was wrong.

You don't care = You don't reply.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Milhouse40

What happens...let's see:

Therrien arrive.
Eller got benched after one single game

Then got back in on the Fourth line
On the left wing, On the right wing then back at centre on the fourth
Putting up points here and there.....then got back on the third.

Started to play really well, putting up points and at the end of the season,
Some could've made the case that he became our best player at that point.

Even while outproducing Desharnais.....he still can get any PP Time.

Started this season the same way....but the chemistry he build with others have been broken several time for no reason. After 20 games, while outproducing many players, what he EARNED in the past as been taking away from him.....

And got back to playing on he bottom 6, even on the wing again....

When Eller got his ONE chance....he took it and made very well for himself and the team.
He didn't miss his chance...it was been taken away from him. That's what happens.

Eller EARNED Desharnais spot and ice-time.....cause he largely outproduce DD for about 65-70 games....did Desharnais outplayed Eller to get his spot back? NO...we gave him his PP and Gallagher, PAcioretty when things went sour for him in media. He never earned his ice-time or linesmates.

That's really not a great way to motivate a 24 years old kid.
And i think it's pretty obvious that Eller is in Therrien's doghouse since Game 1.

What happens to Eller.....he's pissed....and for good reasons.

Old
02-03-2014, 11:00 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not sure anybody said to make MaxPac play with Eller.
People want the EGG line reunited, and until then, at least move Gallagher back there.

But the lack of coaching this team has gotten is really remarkable. This dates back from training camp where I felt we completely wasted camp. I raised the issue back then too. Different line combinations and roles should have been tried. Galchenyuk centering players, MaxPac next to Plekanec, DD as a winger, Briere as a center, etc..
Obviously there is a limit to how many different combinations you can try in a limited time, but we needed to try some because changing things was inevitable. With 5 centers to fill 3 spots, we had to find out what was the best working lines. Keeping in mind that Plek-Galy-Eller is likely our future 3 centers, we needed to prioritize them as well over DD and DB.
Alas, nothing new was tried aside from putting DB with DD/MaxPac. Now, since November, this team has seen their possession numbers drop, as well as their PP.
Since Early December, the team plays for under .500 with no signs of improvements.
The whole team except for Price has actually regressed and on pace for less productive years.

Just terrible coaching all around.
Man.... I wanna thank you.

I don't even totally agree, but it's refreshing to read somebody that has a quite "black or white" opinion on the subject writing something that makes sense on this thread, as opposed to the kind of "let's draft McDavid to play second fiddle to Desharnais" drivel.

Old
02-03-2014, 11:01 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
You can't have it both ways.

You care, or you don't.

You care = You show me evidence I was wrong.

You don't care = You don't reply.
I dont care about you being right or wrong. Will not look into whatever evidence you're obsessed with.

this is my reply

Old
02-03-2014, 11:03 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
What happened?

Eller got off to a blazing start then MT threw him 2 boat anchors and asked him to keep swimming - Crosby would struggle to put up points with Bourque and Prust, bring back the EGG line and then ask what happened to Eller
Err...no, at this point, considering how total craptastic we are at all fronts, I rather have Galch being a C with Gally and Bourn, Patches with Plek and Gionta, and who ever is left over to play with Eller or DD.

Old
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
This is what you wrote:

So despite explicitly saying his +/- rating was the most worrisome issue, you actually weren't taking about +/-? Perhaps instead of asking people to baby step you through your own post, you should try actually writing coherently?

Raw goals scored is just that, raw data without any context whatsoever; the only context you attempted to use was +/- which was why I pointed out that it's a near useless stat. So, go back and read my post again, since you obviously didn't understand it, and this time try and realize that I was pointing out to you that the filter you were using to interpret RAW data was faulty.

Also not sure why you're talking about SH play when you provided 5-on-5 numbers...

Wow. Blaming Prust for not scoring goals while playing with Eller is foolish? Let me simplify my point (again) for you.

We play Eller with guys who can't score.

If no one playing with Eller can score, how is his +/- or GF On stat supposed to rise?

Also, what a brilliant argument "(Prust) has been on the ice for 19 goals. Bourque has been on the ice for 17" is.

I wonder why a player like Eller, who averages 16:50 ice-time/game, may be on the ice for more GA than a player who averages 14:52 (Bourque) and Prust (12:41). One wonders why you simply didn't just click on the "GA On/60" stat column? I imagine it's because it simply didn't occur to you, or because when you do, you see that Eller has a GA On/60 minutes that's comparable to everyone else on the team.

The very idea that you're incapable of taking into acount the NATURE of someone's ice-time (defensive assignments vs. offensve assignments) shows how useless your "analysis" is. By your standards, David Desharnais (-1 / GA On 22 / GA on per sixty minutes 1.86) is one of our best defensive forwards

Seriously: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/context

So in your eyes, all forwards on the Habs have roughly the same amount of time spent playing with Murray, Bouillon, and Gorges?

That's your opinion, and we can clearly see what that's worth
His defensive play is suffering.

Spin it however you like. Does not change reality.

Old
02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If we do it again next year we might get Connor McDavid.

An ideal second line centre to play behind Desharnais.
What do we need McDavid for when we got Eller?

Old
02-03-2014, 11:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
I dont care about you being right or wrong. Will not look into whatever evidence you're obsessed with.

this is my reply
So debate something, asked to back up your claims and refuse.

You don't need to, but then the original comment loses weight. Not complicated.

Closed Thread