HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Legwand tops the SN Trade Tracker

Old
01-30-2014, 06:27 PM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Ryan Spponer

Talent Analysis

Slick, fast and creative, Ryan Spooner is an offensive-minded, puck-possession player. Masterful at carrying the puck, making defenders miss with paralyzing one-on-one moves and then finding the open man. Heís the kind of player who makes his linemates better. Praised profusely by Bostonís head coach Claude Julien for his intelligence. But in junior has shown a tendency to hot dog and lose focus on his defensive assignments.

How well do you think that will go over with Trotz...Pass.
If we're still worrying over how Trotz will be thinking, there is going to be LOTS of other concerns than what player the preds get for Leggy.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:28 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Legwand does have a NTC so he is in the drivers seat on this one.
Technically the team still holds some cards here. With a NTC instead of a NMC they could always threaten to move Leggy to the minors if he doesn't agree to a trade, but this doesn't seem like a situation in which that particular tactic would be used by Poile.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Technically the team still holds some cards here. With a NTC instead of a NMC they could always threaten to move Leggy to the minors if he doesn't agree to a trade, but this doesn't seem like a situation in which that particular tactic would be used by Poile.
That's not going to work with Legwand, he would have to clear waviers to be moved to the minors, which won't happen.

Now a guys like Gastuad and Staalberg, MIGHT clear waivers because of their contract. Hard to say.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:04 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

We could get Gretzky, Messier and Kurri in their primes, and they'd all end up as 45 point players. Gretzky would miss half the season because he's getting banged up all the time; Messier would be leading the team in PIM's, and Kurri would have maybe five more goals than Stalberg.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
We could get Gretzky, Messier and Kurri in their primes, and they'd all end up as 45 point players. Gretzky would miss half the season because he's getting banged up all the time; Messier would be leading the team in PIM's, and Kurri would have maybe five more goals than Stalberg.
Being here since 2004, I would have expected you to have remembered Paul Kariya's 85 and 76 point seasons. If Eric Nystrom can have five more goals than Stalberg, surely Kurri could do much, much better. There's plenty of criticism that can be reasonably leveled at Trotz without devolving to THAT level of absurdity.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 10:34 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
So Steve Sullivan scores 68 points in 67 games (a career high, BTW) and Gretzky scores 45 with us? Riiiight... More unfounded, exaggerated anti-trotz propaganda.

Can't coach talent if you don't have it.

Old
01-31-2014, 07:58 AM
Armourboy

TBH he couldn't coach it when he did have it. Those teams did what? First round exits.

I think his biggest problem is his mindset, he just stifles offensive creativity. Don't get me wrong, I don't want guys skating around all over the place just to turn it over, or making stupid passes trying to make a play, but burying a guy on the 4th line every time he screws up isn't the way to go about it either.

I often wonder if thats not part of the issue with some of the younger guys, they are so worried about screwing up and being benched or relegated to the 4th line that they do the safe things, dump and chase, slap shots from the blue line, etc.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:07 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
TBH he couldn't coach it when he did have it. Those teams did what? First round exits.
We have been favored to win a playoff series twice. Once vs SJ and once vs DET (2012). Both 4v5 seeds.

All that talent you speak of... JP Dumont- not qualified by Buffalo for 2 million. Arnott-- Dallas didn't offer him a contract. Sullivan-- was wavier wire material at one point in his career, subsequently traded for 2nds. Walker-- only got a job because of expansion.

We have never had the talent that true contenders have. Even in the "glory years" above... Trotz was coaching another team's leftovers into a pretty damn good team.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
We have been favored to win a playoff series twice. Once vs SJ and once vs DET (2012). Both 4v5 seeds.
You are missing two more: the other San Jose series, and Phoenix (technically a higher seed, but we had more points)

Trotz has had his share of playoff disappointments.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:58 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You are missing two more: the other San Jose series, and Phoenix (technically a higher seed, but we had more points)

Trotz has had his share of playoff disappointments.
I thought we had were 5 seed vs SJ in one but you are right. However, it should be noted that Vokoun went down prior to that one.

And yes, Phoenix was seeded higher.

Anaheim was 4 seed vs our 5.

Minor disappointment at most in the playoffs. Major overachievement during the regular season as a whole.

Old
02-04-2014, 01:09 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
David Legwand is a lifelong Nashville Predator with 951 career games, might he move?

McKenzie: The Predators are shopping Legwand hard. The price is expected to be a first- or second-round pick but keep in mind he has a full no-move clause and he will decide whether or not he wants to be a rental or whether he wants to play out the string with Nashville.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=442949

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I thought we had were 5 seed vs SJ in one but you are right. However, it should be noted that Vokoun went down prior to that one.

And yes, Phoenix was seeded higher.

Anaheim was 4 seed vs our 5.

Minor disappointment at most in the playoffs. Major overachievement during the regular season as a whole.
You can sugarcoat it all you want, but the bottom line is we've had little playoff success with Poile and Trotz running the show. Doesn't seem to make a difference if we're the favorite or not (1 out of 4 when we're the favorite, 1 out of 5 when we're not the favorite). Trotz's overachievement powers can't be be replicated in the playoffs, which is a problem.

Back to Legwand, I think shopping him is the right move. It may look like a playoff spot is in reach, but it's further away than it looks. If we're not in a playoff spot on the trade deadline, or within a point or two, we should sell.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think it is the right call to move David Legwand if you can get a first round pick. It will be interesting to see what we do at center if we do move Legwand though.

02-04-2014, 07:53 AM
NoNecksCurse

if poile can't get a first for legwand... but gaustad could? wuttttt?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Jarnberg

Poile has to decide on where he sees this team. If he thinks we can still compete, with Weber and Rinne in their prime and 2 more years of Jones on a cheap contract, then trading Legwand is the wrong move. If he sees us as rebuilding and doesn't want to re-sign Legwand, then yes by all means trade him, but realize that we're going to be set back for a few years and we'll waste a few years of prime Rinne and Weber. By that time, it may be too late. I have no faith in Poile to land us a better center through FA or trades. And no, none of our prospects down the middle are ready or can replace Legwand.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Poile has to decide on where he sees this team. If he thinks we can still compete, with Weber and Rinne in their prime and 2 more years of Jones on a cheap contract, then trading Legwand is the wrong move. If he sees us as rebuilding and doesn't want to re-sign Legwand, then yes by all means trade him, but realize that we're going to be set back for a few years and we'll waste a few years of prime Rinne and Weber. By that time, it may be too late. I have no faith in Poile to land us a better center through FA or trades. And no, none of our prospects down the middle are ready or can replace Legwand.
Does Wilson count? The team wants him at center.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm sure that will be in the PR that is released if we trade Legwand. An opportunity to step up to our young guys. I have my doubts as to the coaching staff giving Wilson that responsibility. And whether or not Wilson has any confidence left offensively.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
if poile can't get a first for legwand... but gaustad could? wuttttt?
Poile was the only idiot willing to give a 1st for Guastad and it should not be used a measure stick for trade value.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

So when do I get to change my user name?

Old
02-04-2014, 12:22 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Doesn't feel like there's alot of trust there. Smith is on the wing, FF is on the wing. Sooner or later this organization has to develop a center AS a center. Watson will soon be flipped to wing.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Could you trust a Smith-Wilson-Forsberg line?

Also, what's the plan with Watson and Sissons? Are they C's or W?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Could you trust a Smith-Wilson-Forsberg line?

Also, what's the plan with Watson and Sissons? Are they C's or W?
I honestly think they are both being groomed to be 2-4th line centers. They are likely to be 3rd and 4th liners imo.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So when do I get to change my user name?
When the trade call is confirmed

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
When the trade call is confirmed
Well dial em up, boys!

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:23 PM
PFL615

I think some big changes are headed for the Predators it has started simmering already with Hendricks and Klein. I can see several moves and a coaching change by next year.
If I was Poile i would want a very good prospect and a 2nd/3rd for Legwand more than being set on a 1st.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote