HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Samsonov wants to leave the Habs !!

Old
02-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Phousse

vCash: 500
I am somewhat saddened by this. Samsonov has only showed up a few times this year, but the past few games he was great. I just don't see why he was scratched. If it was because they were trying to trade him then I see, but if it's because he didn't play well then that'd be false.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Artyukhin*

well to bad it didnt work out .If he is getting traded to the Blackhawks i just wish Jim Vandemeer wasnt injured(broken ankle)so we could pick him up in the deal .

Aucion? i still find it hard to belive Gainey is even considering this move espically with his cronic groin problem over the last 2 full season . Seeems like your just asking for trouble .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Have you seen him play this year? I take it by your statement you haven't.
I think your sarcasm radar must be turned off. Forgivable this early in the morning.

There's no way that Gainey will pick up Aucoin. This guy is just not built for the new NHL. As for Samsonov, he should give his head a shake. I can't see a lot of teams lining up for a 7 goal scorer making $3.5M.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:14 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
He's a good player but we don't use him propelly . He'll produce in another team .
I would tend to agree. Surround him with the right players and the story might have had a better ending.

Really staring to doubt some of Carbo's decisions after benching Sammy last game.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:14 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

I still think Samsonov belongs in a Bruins uniform. It's wierd to see him in a Oilers and then Habs jersey. It's too bad they won't take him back - they know too much about his bad play.

GaineysRightHandMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Trading Sammy Will NOT be Easy

Do you guys think trading Sammy will be easy?

$3.5 million for 7 goals and a defensive liablity in the playoffs?

He has another year at $3.5 million too.

The only teams that would be interested are teams that are desperate for offense, since he does have offensive skills; this is just a bad year.

I think part of the problem wa Carbo insisting that he play with Kovy, and that does NOT work when two players want the puck. Kovy's game is mis-direction with the puck and Sammy's game is speed with the puck and never the two shall meet.

I agree with many that Sammy looked good with Bonk, but the problem is that is a checking line and Sammy doesn't like to backcheck nor work on the boards to clear the puck.

I think we'll be lucky to dump his salary for a 2nd tier defensive prospect and a mid round pick.

If we pick up Acoiun, it will be the end of signing Souray and I do NOT want that!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Raskolnikov76

I am a bit tired to see comments about how it is Carbo's fault, he was misused, he was playing great lately, etc..

Samsonov sucked all year. And last week, he wasn't playing great, he was just sucking a bit less. Sammy is entirely responsible of what happened.

Every year we overrate our players and then we are surprised that our team is struggling.

Raskolnikov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
If Gillett is willing to pay Samsonov's salary, I'd just put him on waivers and send him to Hamilton after he clears. I'm pretty sure he has negative trade value and I'd rather not give up good young players and high draft picks just to get another team to take him off our hands. Demanding a trade just lowers his value even more.

It's a real shame this has happened. I really don't think he deserved to be benched last game because I thought he was pretty good with Bonk and Johnson, but he's paid so much and has had endless opportunities with tons of ice time (including on the power play) and has been overall our worst player this year.

I hope he never wears the CH again. Let Perezhogin take his spot because I fear the organization is on the same path with him and wouldn't be surprised if he returns to Russia.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Artyukhin*

i dont think it as hard as you think and lets forget about next season salary as over 55 games of his 2007 salary has been paid .
he had a good playofffs last season it just didnt work out here in Montreal.

He had 7 teams after him as a free agent BUT he wanted to stay in the east .

If i was the habs id ship him west again lolol just for spite

He would fit well on a team like the Ducks

Old
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
If Gillett is willing to pay Samsonov's salary, I'd just put him on waivers and send him to Hamilton after he clears. I'm pretty sure he has negative trade value and I'd rather not give up good young players and high draft picks just to get another team to take him off our hands. Demanding a trade just lowers his value even more.

It's a real shame this has happened. I really don't think he deserved to be benched last game because I thought he was pretty good with Bonk and Johnson, but he's paid so much and has had endless opportunities with tons of ice time (including on the power play) and has been overall our worst player this year.

I hope he never wears the CH again. Let Perezhogin take his spot because I fear the organization is on the same path with him and wouldn't be surprised if he returns to Russia.

Perezhogin problem is his penealties
check out how many(hooking) and thats why his butt is on the bench

Old
02-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I don't think Carbo was right to scratch Samsonov last game, but it's certainly not that hard to justify it. It's Sergei's own fault he hasn't produced, not the coaches. He's been getting tons of ice time with talented players and even gets to play on the power play and he still can't put the puck in the net. Considering he's completely useless defensively, there's no reason to keep him in the lineup if he's not scoring.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
MathMan

I like Sammy and thought he might finally be coming around now that he was off the Kovalev line.

I'm also worried he might get traded for a worse problem, like Aucoin.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:30 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Well, that bodes well for all the UFAs who'll check Montreal as a destination in the future.

Mind you, Gainey has been pretty regular into sending his disgruntled signings elsewhere.
That happens everywhere...

Gerber, Cloutier are some fresh UFA signings that their respective GMs would love to get rid of !

And if that means that UFAs looking for big money only to sit on their contracts will avoid Montréal in the future, that's also fine with me.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:32 AM
#eleven

Last edited by #eleven: 02-06-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: nevermind
#eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
I think your sarcasm radar must be turned off. Forgivable this early in the morning.
I know Stefan only said that to take a shot at Gainey.

I'm sorry to everyone defending Samsonov, but the guy was terrible this year in every aspect of the game not just goal scoring. IMO we are a better team without him even if we only get a pick in return for him. Gainey took a chance on him and it didn't pay off. **** happens.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:40 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I really disagree with Carbo benching Samsonov last game when he was working hard (harder than Higgins or Ryder), and the fact that he never once tried playing him with Koivu with the exception of maybe 2 shifts in the entire year. But, like somebody said, it's hard to justify NOT scratching a 1-goal-in-21-games kind of guy. Samsonov's talent is still there, he just didn't fit at all into our system.

This really forces our hand though. If we get anything more than a warm body and a late pick, it'll be a miracle.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
I could understand his reaction since in no way did he deserved being benched the last time. I mean, he's just seeing this as, "I play bad, I'm benched, I play good I'm benched too, so what's the point".

Carbo has his part of responsabilities obviously, the stubborness of playing Samsonov and Kovalev together was stupid, and now Carbo who's suppose to sit guys who are not working but then sit a guy who was doing a fine job on a new line....tons of contradiction, and again understand he wants out.

But then he didn't help himself, he's totally overrated and now, from Mike Brophy talking on Team 990 this morning, has a 26% body fat, does say that he didn't took that opportunity too seriously and deserve to be voted out of the island.....

Would he better elsewhere, well yeah, but is that so hard? Would he be what he was suppose to be, no, 'cause he never was.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
It will be if you take the same salary coming our way with player that has his share of problems (read: Aucoin and his health).

Not sure if it would be the right deal though, Samsonov's has 1 more year to go, Aucoin 2.....and at 4 million.....but then we might lose Rivet, Souray and Markov.....

Tough decision, I wouldn't do it, no need to have 4 million sitting in the stands 'cause of injury....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
mikeg

Mike Brophy was just on the Team 990 this morning and he said that an NHL player had told him recently that Samsonov has something like 25% body fat, which seems pretty high and just another indication of just how much he does not care.

Regardless, a bag of pucks seems about right in any deal involving sammy

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:47 AM
AlexMeth

He was 'plan D' afterall... what could you expect.

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
26%? Jesus. More like Sergei HAMsonov

(I got nothin at 8:52 am)

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Dripper

vCash: 205
I'm not a big fan of his play either, beside turning around with the puck I think he wasn't a lot creative, but you have to consider the guy never plays on the PP, he averages only 14 minutes of ice time per game and yet he is 2nd in terms of even strenght points in the team with 18, the first being Johnson with 19. I would have like to see him with Saku as a center for a couple of games but well.. too late I guess

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:56 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I'm disappointed because he was starting to turn it around.

I hate to say it but I really think Carbo's questionable decision-making towards Samsonov all year basically ruined him. He had it out for him since the start of the season. Benching him the other day after Sammy had been playing great was the icing on the cake.

Carbo is a good guy but he has alot to learn (and he will learn it). This will not bode well for future UFAs. Now we won't even be able to sign Russians!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I wonder if there were off ice problems with this guy. He just didn't fit with the team well or didn't get along with Kirk and Carbo? Because I find it hard that a team would give up on a player so quickly. I still point back to Bonk last year... For the first half of the year everyone hated him everyone wanted to trade him, people booed him everytime he had the puck. But now people love the guy and seemingly wouldn't trade him for anything. It takes time for players to adjust to new cities , teams, environments. Some players can do it quicker than others. It seemed to me that Sammy was just coming around and playing a lot better in the last couple of weeks after he was split up with Kovalev. I know he wasn't scoring but he was creating chances and the goals seemed to be soon to follow (maybe).

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:58 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I wonder if there were off ice problems with this guy. He just didn't fit with the team well or didn't get along with Kirk and Carbo? Because I find it hard that a team would give up on a player so quickly. I still point back to Bonk last year...
Bonk was playing injured last season; Samsonov is playing overweight; big (fat) difference.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote