HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would Poile do if we won the draft lottery?

Old
02-04-2014, 03:35 AM
predshabs

vCash: 500
What would Poile do if we won the draft lottery?

I am just curious what people around here believe Poile would do if he actually got the #1 Pick.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 05:09 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Draft the best available defensive prospect, of course.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Predsrule

Bennet id put allot of money on it

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 07:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Poile didn't get where he is in this sport by being rash, capricious, or one dimensional. He would draft the BPA. If that happened to be a defenseman, and that dman was clearly a lot better than the best availabkle forward, I suspect he would trade the pick at this point, but probably not move down more than a spot or two so he could get the best forward in the draft.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 11:17 AM
GeauxPreds

I'd be shocked if it were Ekbald over Bennet or Reinhart if we somehow win the lottery. For the most part scouts tend to have all 3 around the same tier so unless preds scouting is convinced Ekbald is significantly better we're taking a high end C prospect instead. Alternatively, see if you can trade down to 2 or 3 with a team who really wants ekbald and grab either Reinhart or Bennet instead if someone offers a prospect or something to trade places.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
sighthndlady

It's an even year. He'd draft the best forward.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Poile didn't get where he is in this sport by being rash, capricious, or one dimensional. He would draft the BPA. If that happened to be a defenseman, and that dman was clearly a lot better than the best availabkle forward, I suspect he would trade the pick at this point, but probably not move down more than a spot or two so he could get the best forward in the draft.
Yep. Best player available. If that be Ekblad, I agree that we may look at trading down.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Persona5

Should be Reinhart but knowing Poile it would be Ekblad...

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Fo Shea Shea

Trade the pic for "defensive depth"

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Predarat

He would find a team with multiple picks later in the 1st round, lets say 3, trade the pick to them for their 3 picks and take an undersized defenseman, a utility forward and a 1st round bust goalie.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
He would find a team with multiple picks later in the 1st round, lets say 3, trade the pick to them for their 3 picks and take an undersized defenseman, a utility forward and a 1st round bust goalie.
Seems like the most Poile-like option.

I just want to see a dynamic game changing forward in a Predators uniform that isn't on the downside of his career.

Old
02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Predarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Seems like the most Poile-like option.

I just want to see a dynamic game changing forward in a Predators uniform that isn't on the downside of his career.
The problem is once Trotz gets ahold of him, he will be.

Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
The problem is once Trotz gets ahold of him, he will be.
Like Paul Kariya?

I really think it is more of what Trotz has had to work with than him killing players offensive ability. Kariya had two of his best NHL year with Nashville and by far his best year in his older playing days...

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Paul Kariya was already extremely established in the NHL once he came here. Hard to compare his time under Trotz to a prospects development under Trotz...

CalleJAMkrok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Like Paul Kariya?

I really think it is more of what Trotz has had to work with than him killing players offensive ability. Kariya had two of his best NHL year with Nashville and by far his best year in his older playing days...
Kariya was still on the downside of his career. I loved him while he was here however.

I just want us to have that young game breaking forward that a bunch of other teams have/have had recently.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I've always wondered this. You know how sometimes you'll hear commercials like "Friday night, your Nashville Predators take on Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins" etc. In our history, have we ever had a FORWARD that even pretty dedicated hockey fans would really make an effort to see play? I know we've had/have good defensemen and goaltenders, but have we ever had a forward that other teams fans would give a crap about seeing or being worried about? I mean, yeah maybe Kariya and for about two weeks Forsberg was sorta here, but you get what I'm saying and those guys were already known well before their time here.

You might convince someone that they might wanna see a Wilson or Smith, but compared to 100 other players they would hardly stand out.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

No. It's Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 07:17 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Like Paul Kariya?

I really think it is more of what Trotz has had to work with than him killing players offensive ability.
I agree. There are posts here claiming Legwand could score 100+ points (this was after he signed his last contract). That's delusional and they are just looking for someone to throw blame to that their dreams didn't pan out.

Radulov was the only true 1st line talent we drafted. He scored 26g in his first full season playing in a secondary role. He did fine. Every semi-established veteran who came here did fine, and many had career years under Trotz.

Poile has a 30 year track record of not being able to obtain high-end offensive talent. That is the primary problem.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I agree. There are posts here claiming Legwand could score 100+ points (this was after he signed his last contract). That's delusional and they are just looking for someone to throw blame to that their dreams didn't pan out.

Radulov was the only true 1st line talent we drafted. He scored 26g in his first full season playing in a secondary role. He did fine. Every semi-established veteran who came here did fine, and many had career years under Trotz.

Poile has a 30 year track record of not being able to obtain high-end offensive talent. That is the primary problem.
#Truth

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM
predshabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post

Remeber in 1982 he made the biggest trade in washington Capitals history.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote