HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In the upcoming draft....

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 04:19 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
compared to our list of snipers in the system:

oh wait we don't have any, yup lets get ourselves a fourth centre and not worry about getting someone who can put the puck in the net. We need the sniper or the offensive defencemen before we need to add another centre. True its lacking in that position but we have other needs that are far, far greater
A top line center has more value than a top line sniper all things being equal, and who says centers can't score?

Old
01-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I'm surprised that so many people are looking at our center position like it's all sewn up.

Pouliot - frequent injuries and 1 bad concussion.
Niinimaki - missing 90% of this season with a shoulder injury
Brodziak - The guy's doing well, but if one of the two above him doesn't make it we have two guys auditioning for our top two center roles in the future.

If we wind up with an excess that's ok imo, but having a shortage of top centers like we always seem to do is an impossible situation for us.

Right now the #2 centerman in our depth chart next year will probably be Reasoner. Nothing against the guy, but...
Agreed!!!!

Old
01-31-2004, 06:21 AM
Funkymoses

good thread. my input:

Wes O'Neill will probably not be in this draft. He could have been in the OHL for two years by now if he wanted to; instead he went to the USHL and now Notre Dame. Did he do it for one year? Probably not. Doesn't make sense.

And Mizral, are you thinking of a different CCHA loses-eligibility-if-he-opts-in D when you say he's an offensive wiz? Because O'Neill ain't it. Michigan State's AJ Thelen has 22 points in 24 games and is generally awesome.

Uh... right, earlier I said I'd take Montoya with the Philly pick. He isn't going to be there. Since returning from the WJCs he has been on *fire*. He seems to be getting into skaters' heads instead of letting them get into his, and he is saving everything. and I think i'm re-evaluating his worth, too. His reflexes, positioning, and puckhandling make him a unique prospect... and he's really proving to be a clutch goalie with the WJCs and the playoffs last year. If things continue like they seem to be going for him he might end up in the top 10.

EDM 2nd round: coughTJHensickcoughcough.

Old
01-31-2004, 06:28 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymoses
good thread. my input:

Wes O'Neill will probably not be in this draft. He could have been in the OHL for two years by now if he wanted to; instead he went to the USHL and now Notre Dame. Did he do it for one year? Probably not. Doesn't make sense.

And Mizral, are you thinking of a different CCHA loses-eligibility-if-he-opts-in D when you say he's an offensive wiz? Because O'Neill ain't it. Michigan State's AJ Thelen has 22 points in 24 games and is generally awesome.

Uh... right, earlier I said I'd take Montoya with the Philly pick. He isn't going to be there. Since returning from the WJCs he has been on *fire*. He seems to be getting into skaters' heads instead of letting them get into his, and he is saving everything. and I think i'm re-evaluating his worth, too. His reflexes, positioning, and puckhandling make him a unique prospect... and he's really proving to be a clutch goalie with the WJCs and the playoffs last year. If things continue like they seem to be going for him he might end up in the top 10.

EDM 2nd round: coughTJHensickcoughcough.
'Moses you are a maze and blue Homer. Just kidding... Montoya should definitely be considered and I think he will go top ten. I'd go in looking for front-line offensive skill first.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Funkymoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
'Moses you are a maze and blue Homer. Just kidding... Montoya should definitely be considered and I think he will go top ten. I'd go in looking for front-line offensive skill first.

i really really try to keep a level head about Michigan players' chances in the NHL... don't know if I'm always successful but I do try. Seriously, though, Montoya has been great since the WJCs and I doubt very much he'll make it past the middle of the first round.

Closed Thread