HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tyutin to the Oilers?

Old
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Tyutin to the Oilers?

There's been some speculation on the Oilfans' rumour board about the Oilers scouts at the Rangers games having been scouting youngster Fedor Tyutin. That being said, would you pursue him as a long-term fix to our team, and if so, what would you offer?

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Cerebral

Tyutin is playing 21 minutes a night for the Rangers at the age of 23 and he's gradually developing into a top pairing defenceman for them. I'd love to see the Oilers acquire him but I fail to see why New York would even consider moving him. He's not only important for the future in New York (and it's starting to look like the Rangers will need to look towards the future as this season is slipping away), he's a huge cog in the present.

02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
lopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Tyutin is playing 21 minutes a night for the Rangers at the age of 23 and he's gradually developing into a top pairing defenceman for them. I'd love to see the Oilers acquire him but I fail to see why New York would even consider moving him. He's not only important for the future in New York (and it's starting to look like the Rangers will need to look towards the future as this season is slipping away), he's a huge cog in the present.
Exactly, its next to impossible to pry away a young possible future #1 or #2 defenseman away from any teams these days because they are too hard to come by so when you get one you better hold on to them. I drool when i look at Nashville's defense, if only they would be willing to part with one of their guys.

lopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

If that source is correct and it really is Sykora +, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger (unless that + is a significant one).

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Exactly, its next to impossible to pry away a young possible future #1 or #2 defenseman away from any teams these days because they are too hard to come by so when you get one you better hold on to them. I drool when i look at Nashville's defense, if only they would be willing to part with one of their guys.
Especially when that young potential #1 guy is playing well. I can sort of believe the thought process that Philly might consider moving Pitkanen (especially if they're not sold on him developing into the dominant franchise defenceman many pegged him to be) but Tyutin has played very well in New York all season long and I've heard very few complaints about him.

Needless to say, I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree that New York would even dream about moving Tyutin for a package centered around Sykora (as was mentioned on OilFans).

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Lowe has a couple pictures from Glenn Anderson's pool that he's been saving...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Poochiemoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopper View Post
what's his contract status? could there be a salary-cap reason for the Rags to be tempted to deal a young top D?

Poochiemoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Hey side Question Cerebral, where do you get your TOI stats from?? Always been searching for that...

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Hey side Question Cerebral, where do you get your TOI stats from?? Always been searching for that...
http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/LeagueWideRankings.asp

This is a fantastic site for stats, you can get them all the way back to 1998 or so and they keep track of nearly everything.

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
lopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochiemoo View Post
what's his contract status? could there be a salary-cap reason for the Rags to be tempted to deal a young top D?
He is only making 950 K for this season so i dont see a huge jump in his salary for next season, thats if he is a UFA or not because i am not sure how long his contract is for

lopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/LeagueWideRankings.asp

This is a fantastic site for stats, you can get them all the way back to 1998 or so and they keep track of nearly everything.
Thanks man

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Thanks man
You can get a lot of stuff from NHL.com too. TOI, missed shots, give aways, hits, face off stats etc... etc... in their stats section.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Bergeron47

Is Tyutin the Rangers' version of Smid?

If so, I want him.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
TheGreatone94

There is about a 1 percent chance of this happening, especially if it is Sykora+ going back the other way. Tyutin is our Smid, would we deal him for 2nd tier impending UFA's? I could see us going after Roszival or Rachunek, but Tyutin is a pipe dream. Plus Sather would look like an idiot when he could have had Sykora for nothing in the summer and let him walk.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Master Lok

No chance. This thread is a waste of time.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
No chance. This thread is a waste of time.
Right on another ridiculous one sided proposal without much thought.

Tyrolean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Nich

hell want not try to trade for jagr, tuts, lundqvist and shanny all in one?

has about the same possibility of you getting tuts.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote