HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings looking at Markov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2014, 10:49 AM
  #1
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
LA Kings looking at Markov

ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:50 AM
  #2
No Style Points
Registered User
 
No Style Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
that would be amazing ... but then again, didn't we just get a Kyle Clifford in Dale Weise? ...

No Style Points is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:50 AM
  #3
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Seems to me that MB is gearing up unofficially for a run at Connor McDavid

pine* is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:51 AM
  #4
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
i think its Jimmy Murphy who reported that Markov's name was being mentioned in tarde rumours.

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/02/03/m...andrei-markov/

Canadian_Brewtality is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:52 AM
  #5
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  #6
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,165
vCash: 500
Tanner Pearson along with a first for Markov seems a bit high. Would love that trade.

JohnLennon is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:54 AM
  #7
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !
the quest for character continues... and the 1st overall pick.

Madevilz is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:55 AM
  #8
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.
Yes please

Rick16 is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:55 AM
  #9
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
...if LA LA Land wants Markov, please see payment here:






BigDaddyLurch is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:55 AM
  #10
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
They should absolutely create a bidding war for Markov just to see what they could get especially considering how generous GMs get around the deadline. If they don't move him though, and re-sign him, MB better improve the roster otherwise it's pointless to keep him and not really be a threat to win the East.

Habit11 is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:56 AM
  #11
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:56 AM
  #12
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Tanner Pearson along with a first for Markov seems a bit high. Would love that trade.
Can you give more informations about Pearson? Looks like he's having an OK season in the AHL.

Uber Coca is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  #13
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,003
vCash: 500
Frolov

Jee is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  #14
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 579
vCash: 500
Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?

Maverik is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  #15
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
Not a bad return IMO. Kyle Clifford can slot into our third line, it makes bourque expendable. Then Pearson can be on our second line wing and a first is always nice to have. The reality is... trade your players while they still have value and bring the young guys up.

EDIT: Didnt see Pearson was in the AHL. Maybe not ready for second line duties yet.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  #16
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,647
vCash: 500
I don't want MB to trade Markov. That would basically mean that we give up on the playoffs.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
  #17
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !
I know but Markov is a UFA.

Agalloch is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
  #18
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I don't want MB to trade Markov. That would basically mean that we give up on the playoffs.
I doubt that we make any impact in the playoffs. I say we trade Bourque/Markov/Briere/Gionta and move on with the youth.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
  #19
Adriatic
Registered User
 
Adriatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.
I would do that trade tomorrow morning..dream!

Adriatic is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:01 AM
  #20
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.

Phil Parent is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:01 AM
  #21
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I want Forbort instead of Clifford

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
  #22
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Frolov
Where's Patrick Caisse when you need him?

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
  #23
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,148
vCash: 500
Yay, let's trade all our skill players (expect Desharnais) for bottom line players.

thaivuN is online now  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
  #24
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?
Which are basically 2nd round picks.
Pearson was passed over in two previous drafts btw.

Madevilz is offline  
Old
02-04-2014, 11:04 AM
  #25
Adriatic
Registered User
 
Adriatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.
What message and what fans. The only message I get from trading Markov is that the team wants to get better and build for the future. I mean do the fans want to keep the same team and keep on losing forever.

Adriatic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.