HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D-Men

Old
01-31-2007, 09:00 AM
SabresEdge

vCash: 500
D-Men

With all the talented young d-men on the team now, Suter, Hamhuis, Weber, Timonen, Zids and guys like Parent, Franson, Niskala, Klein, Zanon in the mix for the future do you think someone other then Zids might be made available.

Hamhuis to me seems like he could be more a two way defenseman if he was moved to another team. He has the offensive skills to put up 35-45 pts if given the chance. I love the guy as a player and sometimes think his talent is being wasted because of the depth. Do you ever see him being moved?

SabresEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No, he's signed long term to a pretty good deal.

Zidlicky on the other hand.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Are any of your young defensemen strictly off limits? I'm intrigued by basically all of them. If you guys would move one, what would you be looking for coming back?

I'd move Semin for one of the big guns, but I may be alone in that and there's no indication that he's anything less than untouchable in Washington. You guys also seem very capable at LW.

Anyways, any D you'd ship out for something other than D in return?

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 04:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan@Vassar View Post
Are any of your young defensemen strictly off limits? I'm intrigued by basically all of them. If you guys would move one, what would you be looking for coming back?

I'd move Semin for one of the big guns, but I may be alone in that and there's no indication that he's anything less than untouchable in Washington. You guys also seem very capable at LW.

Anyways, any D you'd ship out for something other than D in return?
I don't think your fellow Caps fans are eager to get rid of Semin, nor should they be. Basically, the only other need we have a is a second line center to play on our THIRD line, which is a second line on most teams. Aside from that..yeah..just defense is a need.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I will amend this...I've read that contract talks with extending Zubrus are going sluggish. Is he UFA, if not signed?

If so..what would you want for a rental of Zubrus? I think he'd be a great fit between Radulov and Hartnell, and you guys could sign him right back.

Any prospect not named Franson, Parent or Rinne is available. Upshall, Klein, Laakso...draft picks?

Old
02-02-2007, 02:26 PM
ladypredator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I will amend this...I've read that contract talks with extending Zubrus are going sluggish. Is he UFA, if not signed?

If so..what would you want for a rental of Zubrus? I think he'd be a great fit between Radulov and Hartnell, and you guys could sign him right back.

Any prospect not named Franson, Parent or Rinne is available. Upshall, Klein, Laakso...draft picks?
The Predators have quite a few D prospects. I'd agree that Franson, Parent and Rinne are untouchable.

On the more touchable side: as well as Klein, Lehtonen, Brookbank and Koistinen (some of them are nearly NHL ready), there are two in college (Switzer, Schaeffer), and several in Europe and Russia (Laakso, Niskala, Sulzer, Kulyash, Stehlik, etc). The Predators really concentrated on drafting defense for a few years. Now some of that depth could turn into attractive trade bait. Of course, it depends on what is offered in return. Depth at D is always valuable.

ladypredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Mr.Brownov*

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Brownov*
I heard Weber got concussed Saturday?

Mr.Brownov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brownov View Post
I heard Weber got concussed Saturday?
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS01/70205033 ... good call ... wow, it could be ugly tomorrow night without Weber

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Sweet

Doooo !!!

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:15 PM
jstreet
#heyguysthanks...

vCash: 50
and Brookbank gets the call up over Klein.

Interesting.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
and Brookbank gets the call up over Klein.

Interesting.

That's a stylistic thing most of all, I think. Brookbank is more of a stay-at-home kind of guy, whereas Klein was up replacing the offensive-oriented Timonen\Zidlicky

Old
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
runkle

question for predator fans as it relates to your D men - specifically Timonen:

His name is mentioned a lot when talking about Dmen who will be in demand this summer and I am curious (being a non-Predator fan) about why he hasn't been extended or if there is talk of the team trying to extend him before he gets to UFA status? Has he said he wants to test the market? Or is there some other reason he hasn't been re-upped yet? Any info as to his situation and what you think the odds of him being back with your team are next year would be appreciated. Thanks

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
question for predator fans as it relates to your D men - specifically Timonen:

His name is mentioned a lot when talking about Dmen who will be in demand this summer and I am curious (being a non-Predator fan) about why he hasn't been extended or if there is talk of the team trying to extend him before he gets to UFA status? Has he said he wants to test the market? Or is there some other reason he hasn't been re-upped yet? Any info as to his situation and what you think the odds of him being back with your team are next year would be appreciated. Thanks
The team and Timonen were talking extension up to about Christmas, but at that point, agreed to revisit it later, rather than distracting each other with it down the stretch. Timonen has said over and over that he likes playing in Nashville, likes being captain(which he wouldn't be, in most other places) so I think, in all likelihood, he'll stay here.

Old
02-06-2007, 07:04 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
The team and Timonen were talking extension up to about Christmas, but at that point, agreed to revisit it later, rather than distracting each other with it down the stretch. Timonen has said over and over that he likes playing in Nashville, likes being captain(which he wouldn't be, in most other places) so I think, in all likelihood, he'll stay here.
You can put it in the bank that he will be re-signed.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
You can put it in the bank that he will be re-signed.
For how much? What does/will your cap situation look like next year? Do you think that Mason will be a goner?

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:49 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
For how much? What does/will your cap situation look like next year? Do you think that Mason will be a goner?
How much...a home town discount can be expected....I guess 2.5 - 2.8 for 2-3 yrs, most likely.

Cap...no problem....our own budget will be the constraint, in addition to trying to sign Hartnell and Kariya...Suter is up for his first contract after the entry level as well.

Mason....no, I think we will keep him next year, the last of his contract until we are sure Peka Rinne is ready [as he is coming off major shoulder surgery], once he is ready, I can see us trading Mason mid year or at the deadlline.

Old
02-06-2007, 08:37 AM
czechranger

Is there any possibility that Zidlicky may be available for right trade in the offseason?

Also do you think that Aaron Ward plus high pick or prospect may get Zidlicky or some of your young d-man or prospects BEFORE the deadline?

Thanks

czechranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:05 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechranger View Post
Is there any possibility that Zidlicky may be available for right trade in the offseason?

Also do you think that Aaron Ward plus high pick or prospect may get Zidlicky or some of your young d-man or prospects BEFORE the deadline?

Thanks

Some on this board would jump at the chance, but in reality, I think the chance is relatively low. I think Poile still likes his unique skill set. Some would argue that his numbers this year are not worth his salary....and while this may be the case...from what I hear, he has been asked to play a more defensively focused game than in the past due to the youth on the bluelline this year.

In all honesty, I don't think Aaron Ward gives us much upgrade over what we already have, so I really don't see it happening.

Old
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
runkle

thanks for the info on Timonen. I figured he was likely to be re-signed since you all seem to have the cap space and he is Captain and all. I do think that kind of a hometown discount (2.8 mil) is unlikely though considering the current market, but if what you say is true and he really wants to stay maybe it will be.

Thanks again!

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkletm View Post
thanks for the info on Timonen. I figured he was likely to be re-signed since you all seem to have the cap space and he is Captain and all. I do think that kind of a hometown discount (2.8 mil) is unlikely though considering the current market, but if what you say is true and he really wants to stay maybe it will be.

Thanks again!
I agree, the $2.8 mill may be a tad low, but I think the captaincy, the bright future, the quality of the orgainization, and the need for Nashville to remain fiscally responsible in light of the need to sign the Kariya's, Hartnell's, and Suter's of the world......will all factor in to Kimmo accepting less than what he could garner on the open market to remain a Predator.