HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings looking at Markov

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2014, 12:02 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It can't hurt to field some offers anyway. The deadline can be a little crazy at times, and if there was something amazing out there, it would be interesting to hear about it.

But my default plan would be to try to sign Markov for 3 or 4 more years. Our D needs him. The Habs have to know by now what the parameters are on getting that contract signed. If Markov is just not amenable to signing at the right numbers, that makes listening to the trade offers all the more interesting.

I don't like the LA offer, though. It's a 1st in a meh draft, and a player who was picked as a 20-year old with the #30 pick, a "B" prospect, basically. I'd want the first and a more bluechip type of prospect, if it did come down to trading Markov.
...I agree totally; that offer, while OK, shouldn't be what we take for Markov...Tyler Toffoli, as I previously posted, is pretty much exactly what the Habs Top 6 needs right now and in the future...he's what we should be going after...

Old
02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post

To STL: Eller

To MTL: Stewart
On what planet does St Louis actually pull the trigger on this deal?

Old
02-04-2014, 12:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Absolutely.

Look at guys like Iginla, Morrow etc last year who were both older than Markov and decreased production.

Markov should garner a huge return. If not, sign him and try again next year at the deadline. It's not like you have to let him go for nothing in the off season, he wants to be here.
Those GMs are not MB, though. Markov should return a nice package but I'm not sure if MB is the guy to get that package. However, Markov should be traded.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:05 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...I agree totally; that offer, while OK, shouldn't be what we take for Markov...Tyler Toffoli, as I previously posted, is pretty much exactly what the Habs Top 6 needs right now and in the future...he's what we should be going after...
Very highly unlikely a team will trade a top 6 potential for a rental. Do you wanna trade Gallagher for Vanek?

Old
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I say we trade all of our players for bottom-6 forwards. We could continue our trend of icing a team full of 3rd lines!

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't like the LA offer, though. It's a 1st in a meh draft, and a player who was picked as a 20-year old with the #30 pick, a "B" prospect, basically. I'd want the first and a more bluechip type of prospect, if it did come down to trading Markov.
I would rather a Toffoli than a Pearson, but I think that's a bit of a fantasy. I was lukewarm at best on Pearson when he was drafted, but he seems to be scoring at a good clip in the AHL. Could be a decent 2nd-3rd liner down the road. Not sure Markov is going to get you a real bluechipper but Pearson has some interesting upside.

Clifford may not be a sexy player either but those guys are hard to come by and have value beyond the scoresheet. The first will be a late pick but that's the nature of trading to a contender.

I wasn't crazy about it at first because I think we desperately need to upgrade our scoring and this deal doesn't really help that, but all things considered, it's not a bad package at all.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
On what planet does St Louis actually pull the trigger on this deal?
Curious as to why your answers are so condescending ?

You underestimate Eller's value.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Andy

Clifford?

How many bottom 6 grinders does this team need? God.

Will Pearson ever be anything more than a 2nd line player? Seems like we have a million of these type of prospects already.

I hate where this team is going.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:09 PM
rockjngo

Gionta has a full NTC so he cannot be moved at the deadline. Thank Gainey!

Markov has a modified NTC, a list of 10 teams he'll accept trades to, that he submitted at the beginning of the year.

Briere cannot be moved has NTC/NMC thanks Bergervin for that one!

Bourque has a list of 15 teams he'll accept to submitted at the beginning of the year.

Gorges has a list of 7 teams that he WON'T accept to.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
firewagon77*

Nobody wants Chris Stewart he can't skate,he does nothing but under achieve,and he only has 1 year left on his contract before he is a free agent.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Gionta has a full NTC so he cannot be moved at the deadline. Thank Gainey!

Markov has a modified NTC, a list of 10 teams he'll accept trades to, that he submitted at the beginning of the year.

Briere cannot be moved has NTC/NMC thanks Bergervin for that one!

Bourque has a list of 15 teams he'll accept to submitted at the beginning of the year.

Gorges has a list of 7 teams that he WON'T accept to.
You realize that players routinely waive their NTC/NMCs to have a chance to win the Cup, right?

You really think guys like Briere or Bourque are going to stick around here any longer than they have to? Please.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:12 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Very highly unlikely a team will trade a top 6 potential for a rental. Do you wanna trade Gallagher for Vanek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would rather a Toffoli than a Pearson, but I think that's a bit of a fantasy. I was lukewarm at best on Pearson when he was drafted, but he seems to be scoring at a good clip in the AHL. Could be a decent 2nd-3rd liner down the road. Not sure Markov is going to get you a real bluechipper but Pearson has some interesting upside.

Clifford may not be a sexy player either but those guys are hard to come by and have value beyond the scoresheet. The first will be a late pick but that's the nature of trading to a contender.

I wasn't crazy about it at first because I think we desperately need to upgrade our scoring and this deal doesn't really help that, but all things considered, it's not a bad package at all.
...I love Kyle Clifford, but Andrei Markov is one of the premier PPQB's in the League and in LA, Tyler Toffoli is unfortunately stuck behind a plethora of other RWers...the Habs might have to throw in a small something-or-other to make it happen, but I believe we can get Toffoli for Markov due to the situation...it certainly doesn't hurt to try, at least...

Old
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
AmeriHab

Toffoli and 2015 first. Better draft and probably LA isn't as strong. Get her done

Old
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
...I love Kyle Clifford, but Andrei Markov is one of the premier PPQB's in the League and in LA, Toffoli is unfortunately stuck behind a plethora of other RWers...the Habs might have to throw in a small something-or-other to make it happen, but I believe we can get Toffoli for Markov due to the situation...
I know Markov's resume, but LA also knows that he's a UFA, getting up there in age, and has had major knee problems. I sure would like to try for Toffoli, but I wouldn't be surprised if LA stops us short of that.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Big Lurk

Quote:
...I love Kyle Clifford, but Andrei Markov is one of the premier PPQB's in the League and in LA, Tyler Toffoli is unfortunately stuck behind a plethora of other RWers...the Habs might have to throw in a small something-or-other to make it happen, but I believe we can get Toffoli for Markov due to the situation...
Leblanc

Old
02-04-2014, 12:16 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Toffoli and 2015 first. Better draft and probably LA isn't as strong. Get her done
You sure that it's not solely based on the fact that LA is in a monster slump? because i don't see how next year.. with more cap space, LA won't be as strong (if not stronger)...
i don't know about you, but LA still cup favorite with 3 other teams

Old
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Frolov
Classic

Old
SnapVirus

I'd go for : Markov + 2nd for Toffoli.

Toffoli will be a 70pts player in the NHL. Exactly what we need and that we dont have in our prospect pool.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:17 PM
number 11

sell sell sell

Old
02-04-2014, 12:19 PM
googlymoogly

Maybe if were lucky Markov starts a bidding war and Chicago calls to offer Teravainen and a 1st.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:19 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
sell sell sell
Sell the aging, declining UFA-to-be in favor of more future-building

Old
02-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Is NOT top 6 projected !! Do you know who he is ?
Come again? He was picked in the first round as a 19-year-old precisely because he has top six potential. You don't pick an overage 6-0 forward in the first round if you think he's going to play a checking role. The kid is very smart and has good hands.

I'm not a huge fan, but if you can get Clifford and a first pick as well. that's not a bad haul if you think Markov is not returning.

Old
02-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Maybe if were lucky Markov starts a bidding war and Chicago calls to offer Teravainen and a 1st.
keep on dreaming

Old
Carey Chant

Markov would be huge for the Kings and they should pay a price (good prospect/1st rounder etc) for a dman of his caliber.

Toffoli would be someone I'd love to have on the Habs.

Out of the french prospects the Kings have I'm sure the Habs like Nicolas Deslauriers, a big heavy hitting dman with offensive potential that can drop the gloves.

The demand for Markov should be huge so I hope our GM doesn't jump on the first good offer.

Old
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Markov for Clifford, Pearson and a 1st?

Talk to Markov and see if he still wants to stay and at what price. If you can't agree to the terms, then that package is quite decent.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread