HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2014, 11:49 PM
  #1
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,904
vCash: 1026
2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

AHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Marc Arcobello F 5'9" 165 Oklahoma City 15 10 18 28 6
Brandon Davidson D 6'1" 202 Oklahoma City 58 3 8 11 44
Travis Ewanyk F 6'1" 184 Oklahoma City 58 6 5 11 96
Taylor Fedun D 6'0" 190 Oklahoma City 55 7 22 29 49
Martin Gernat D 6'5" 191 Oklahoma City 50 3 16 19 30
Curtis Hamilton F 6'3" 202 Oklahoma City 32 6 6 12 13
Roman Horak F 6'0" 175 Oklahoma City 47 18 22 40 16
Abbotsford 13 2 5 7 6
Brad Hunt D 5'9" 188 Oklahoma City 56 11 33 44 28
Oscar Klefbom D 6'3" 204 Oklahoma City 45 1 8 9 10
Kale Kessy F 6'3" 202 Oklahoma City 46 2 4 6 71
Anton Lander F 6'0" 194 Oklahoma City 4 17 26 43 24
Philip Larsen D 6'1" 183 Oklahoma City 7 1 6 7 4
Martin Marincin D 6'4" 187 Oklahoma City 24 3 4 7 4
Andrew Miller F 5'10" 180 Oklahoma City 41 7 15 22 12
David Musil D 6'4" 203 Oklahoma City 50 1 9 10 48
Tyler Pitlick F 6'2" 193 Oklahoma City 38 8 14 22 10

ECHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Martin Gernat D 6'5" 191 Bakersfield 3 0 1 1 6
Kale Kessy F 6'3" 202 Bakersfield 3 1 0 1 0
David Musil D 6'4" 203 Bakersfield 3 1 0 1 2

WHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Ben Betker D 6' 5" 200 Everett 68 7 14 21 102
Greg Chase F 6' 0" 195 Calgary 70 35 50 85 83
Jackson Houck F 6' 0" 194 Vancouver 69 34 27 61 72
Jujhar Khaira F 6' 4" 215 Everett 59 16 27 43 59
Mitch Moroz F 6' 2" 208 Edmonton 70 35 28 63 156

OHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Darnell Nurse D 6'4" 185 Sault Ste. Marie 64 13 37 50 91
Kyle Platzer F 5'11" 176 London 39 9 8 17 14
Owen Sound 27 13 6 19 12

QMJHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Marco Roy F 6'0" 175 Blainville-Boisbriand 39 14 21 35 39

NCAA
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Evan Campbell F 6'0" 195 UMass-Lowell 31 8 2 10 18
Kellen Jones F 5'9" 164 Quinnipiac 39 18 24 42 25
Joey Laleggia D 5'9" 182 Denver 36 12 11 23 36
John McCarron F 6'3" 219 Cornell 32 7 17 24 43
Dillon Simpson D 6'2" 200 North Dakota 39 7 15 22 18

USHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Aidan Muir F 6'3" 182 Indiana 49 13 20 33 60

Europe
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Erik Gustafsson D 6'0" 176 Frolunda 50 2 18 20 16
Anton Slepyshev F 6'2" 194 Salavat Yulaev Ufa 36 3 5 8 4
Tolpar Ufa (MHL) 2 2 2 4 0
Antti Tyrväinen F 5'10" 198 Jokerit 41 5 9 14 142
Bogdan Yakimov F 6'5" 202 Neftekhimik 33 7 5 12 2
Reaktor (MHL) 5 4 2 6 0
Daniil Zharkov F 6'4" 235 Nizhny Novgorod 49 2 3 5 35
HK Sarov (VHL) 6 1 1 2 2

Goalies
Player Position H W Team GP Wins GAA SV%
Richard Bachman G 5'10" 175 Oklahoma City 42 20 3.09 .907
Laurent Brossoit G 6'3" 202 Alaska Aces 12 8 1.75 .934
Abbotsford 2 0 5.72 .824
Oklahoma City 8 2 3.60 .888
Bakersfield 25 17 2.05 .924
Tyler Bunz G 6'1" 198 Oklahoma 5 2 3.63 .901
Bakersfield 13 5 2.55 .903
Niko Hovinen G 6'7" 200 Novokuznetsk 18 2 3.01 .916
Vladivostok 7 1 2.51 .921
Ty Rimmer G 5'11" 170 Oklahoma 3 1 2.65 .930
Quad City 39 18 2.84 .906
Frans Tuohimaa G 6'2" 179 HPK 19 ? 3.12 .894
Sport 5 ? 2.52 .925

__________________
"The Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it" - dnicks17

Last edited by The Nuge: 03-25-2014 at 04:51 PM.
The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 11:50 PM
  #2
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,904
vCash: 1026
last couple posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
Moroz finished with a goal tonight

27th of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Now he's tied with Jackson Houck for goals, kid doesnt get much love around here.

But to be fair I'm pretty confident that Moroz could beat up every one in the league with more goals than him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Houck has 27 goals?? Dang

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:03 AM
  #3
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,835
vCash: 1000
isnt Niko Hovinen a ufa now?

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
  #4
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,904
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
isnt Niko Hovinen a ufa now?
No. We retained his rights as well as Tyrvainen

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
  #5
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
Wrong thread! lol.

Fedun should definitely be called up.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 03:22 AM
  #6
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
I wonder what the chances are of John McCarron turning pro this summer?
He is the captain at Cornell, and another year may serve him well. But I could see the Oilers being interested in adding a big young forward to OKC.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 11:31 PM
  #7
ohheyhemsky
Registered User
 
ohheyhemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Den
Country: Indonesia
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 50
Should we add a Toronto Marlies grouping onto our prospects stats board? Especially considering our pro scouting and their Marlie blinders as of late.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 12:30 AM
  #8
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Nurse with a goal and +2 in a 3-0 win
Moroz with 2 goals
Both Khaira and Betker were MIA for Everett (played with only 10FWDs)
Evan Campbell with a PP goal for UMass Lowell


Last edited by 40oz: 02-02-2014 at 12:45 AM.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 02:59 AM
  #9
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 50
Ty Rimmer named CHL player of the week (last week):

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4733021

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 09:56 AM
  #10
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,942
vCash: 500
Watched Darnell Nurse in a 2-1 loss to North Bay on Sunday afternoon. He finished with no points and was even on the afternoon.

Basically the scouting reports on him have been dead on. His defensive zone awareness is unparalleled. He simply doesn't make errors at this level and should be labeled as a shut-down defender.

But his offensive game has a lot of room to grow. Despite having 41 points in 51 games, he still lacks a pro-level shot. And with him being the go to guy on the back end in the Sault, he finds himself doing too much on the offensive end of his game. He had a couple nice rushes, but this type of game will almost certainly lead to numerous turnovers at the pro level.

Fingers crossed that Ekblad falls into our laps because Ekblad's puck moving ability would almost be the perfect compliment to Nurse's defensive ability.

Compared to when I'd seen him earlier this year, I wouldn't say it's a certainty that he plays in Edmonton next fall. He's still got a lot of growth ahead of him, but his game definitely looks promising.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 11:48 AM
  #11
Delicious Pancakes
Registered User
 
Delicious Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Penner's spare tire
Country: Canada
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
2 goals over the weekend for Evan Campbell. Nice to see he's starting to produce.

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 12:05 PM
  #12
DeathbyCheerios
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Watched Darnell Nurse in a 2-1 loss to North Bay on Sunday afternoon. He finished with no points and was even on the afternoon.

Basically the scouting reports on him have been dead on. His defensive zone awareness is unparalleled. He simply doesn't make errors at this level and should be labeled as a shut-down defender.

But his offensive game has a lot of room to grow. Despite having 41 points in 51 games, he still lacks a pro-level shot. And with him being the go to guy on the back end in the Sault, he finds himself doing too much on the offensive end of his game. He had a couple nice rushes, but this type of game will almost certainly lead to numerous turnovers at the pro level.

Fingers crossed that Ekblad falls into our laps because Ekblad's puck moving ability would almost be the perfect compliment to Nurse's defensive ability.

Compared to when I'd seen him earlier this year, I wouldn't say it's a certainty that he plays in Edmonton next fall. He's still got a lot of growth ahead of him, but his game definitely looks promising.
I'm liking how is only apparent issue is his shot. With more muscle and practice that is very fixable

DeathbyCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
  #13
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Good stuff! Hoping MacT can work some magic this summer so we'll have no choice but to keep him down in Junior.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
  #14
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Good stuff! Hoping MacT can work some magic this summer so we'll have no choice but to keep him down in Junior.
Agreed, my feeling is that even if he's ready he should go back to the OHL, we can not rush him.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
  #15
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,555
vCash: 500
Nurse and Schultz could be a good pairing, possibly.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:35 PM
  #16
DeathbyCheerios
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Nurse and Schultz could be a good pairing, possibly.
Except both are right dmen. Unless you mean Nick Schultz.. Then that's an awful idea.

DeathbyCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM
  #17
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios View Post
Except both are right dmen. Unless you mean Nick Schultz.. Then that's an awful idea.
Nurse is a leftie.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 01:57 PM
  #18
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,697
vCash: 500
North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:11 PM
  #19
CurrenR
Registered User
 
CurrenR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 407
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.
Thats good to hear. Sounds like he has really taken a step in his game compared to last year. He is another lefty though which just leaves us a log jam in the minors for next year. I am assuming that one of our LD prospects will be moved at some point.

CurrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:21 PM
  #20
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.
More importantly he has almost the same points as college great, and best player for the 2012 (2013,2014 and 2015) draft Mark Jankowski. That alone should elevate you to superstar prospect status

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:30 PM
  #21
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
Thats good to hear. Sounds like he has really taken a step in his game compared to last year. He is another lefty though which just leaves us a log jam in the minors for next year. I am assuming that one of our LD prospects will be moved at some point.
I don't think it will be too crowded.

Lots of the lefties down there can play the right side.

Musil and Hunt have played a bunch of RD in OKC and I'm pretty sure Gernat played most of his time at RD for the Oil Kings.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:37 PM
  #22
CornKicker
Locked Out
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
More importantly he has almost the same points as college great, and best player for the 2012 (2013,2014 and 2015) draft Mark Jankowski. That alone should elevate you to superstar prospect status
awesome, to be in the same statistical category as THE MJ is huge

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:55 PM
  #23
CurrenR
Registered User
 
CurrenR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 407
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't think it will be too crowded.

Lots of the lefties down there can play the right side.

Musil and Hunt have played a bunch of RD in OKC and I'm pretty sure Gernat played most of his time at RD for the Oil Kings.
Oh alright I did not realize that. Good to know then.

CurrenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 03:13 PM
  #24
oilerfan17
Registered User
 
oilerfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,917
vCash: 500
Trading a couple D prospects for immediate help is almost worth it for signing Simpson alone. I know if I were him I would find it tough to commit to an organization with Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, and Davidson all in the pro system.

EDIT: Nurse of course isn't in the pro system, but he will be soon.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
  #25
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Trading a couple D prospects for immediate help is almost worth it for signing Simpson alone. I know if I were him I would find it tough to commit to an organization with Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, and Davidson all in the pro system.

EDIT: Nurse of course isn't in the pro system, but he will be soon.
Marincin and Nurse won't be in the AHL and Davidson has stagnated/regressed this season, so he won't have to worry about them, imo.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.