HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cant Take It Anymore From Ryder

Old
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
seb911

vCash: 500
Cant Take It Anymore From Ryder

man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

seb911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb911 View Post
man,

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

I understand you...I'm feeling like that since his second season...

The good thing is that he do have a good trade value...it's not like Samsonov. I bet you that Gainey will move him pretty soon.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

Ryder is going to go on a scoring streak starting tonight. All you fickle fans will eat your words. And apparently most Habs fans are anti-Ryder right now.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Rockomax

Quote:
man,

I agree that Ryder isn't the player we would like him to be, that being said, he's a way better skater than he was last season, he's also more physical. He has improved some parts of his play, but because of those improvements, I believe that he thinks he's better than he really is and that is why he tries to deke players and he doesn't pass...But he's not as bad as you guys say because in order for him to produce,it's no secret, he needs a good center and lately saku hasn't been the same center as he was in december. And lately, on the first line (higgins-Koivu-Ryder), Ryder was the best player on the line (just to show you how the line sucked)

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM
RE-HABS

With so much hate for Ryder I don't understand why the Mods don't make a lone Ryder Thread...for all the crying Hab fans that see him as the reason we are losing, not the other 22 on the team too!

Blind, one word that describes you all.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Ryder really is just feeding off of Koivu.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Ryder really is just feeding off of Koivu.
Exactly, the whole line of Higgins, Koivu and Ryder have been ice cold and out of all three I think Ryder has produced more in the last 6 games which tells you fans here are singling the wrong person out...too many fans here always need a whipping boy.

If it wasn't Audette it was Ribs, if it wasn't Ribs it was Rivet, if it wasn't Rivet it was Ryder and so on and so on....how far back in time could we trace this???

Now that is a thread to start:

"Who was the Habs Whipping Boy from the Fans every season???"

Old
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
CHareth

I realize the guy's production has gone down this year, but honestly, what has he done to be treated so shabbily? He has about as many goals as snipers such as Naslund, Nash, and Cheechoo.

Broken record again.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:25 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post
I realize the guy's production has gone down this year, but honestly, what has he done to be treated so shabbily? He has about as many goals as snipers such as Naslund, Nash, and Cheechoo.

Broken record again.
Thank god for reasonable fans like youself to show some others here the light.

Ryder is not the problem and he is a less $'s problem than the one's you listed above, hopefully others will see your point.

Old
02-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Drive425

Quote:
man,

man...

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
With so much hate for Ryder I don't understand why the Mods don't make a lone Ryder Thread...for all the crying Hab fans that see him as the reason we are losing, not the other 22 on the team too!

Blind, one word that describes you all.
well i could think of a few other words to describe them but whats the point ? some people will always need a whipping boy and right now ryder fits the bill for them . but on the bright side , according to them he has trade value even if he is useless , so if it makes sense to them then it must be true .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:55 PM
A1
Everything is awful

I think the whole reason the first line went to hell is Ryder and Higgins both got too goal-hungry and one dimensional.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
dodecapod*

Ryder's always been the way he is. He's invisible without the puck and just wants to get the shot off.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:00 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
man,

yawn yawn !!!

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
I think the whole reason the first line went to hell is Ryder and Higgins both got too goal-hungry and one dimensional.
So Saku has no fault in this? Koivu didn't look that great with Johnson and Streit the other game, I saw more out of Ryder in 9 minutes played (still managed to get the most shots on net with low ended linemates and limited playing time) and Higgins with the 3rd line of Bonk and Murray.

Maybe some finger pointing should be directed at the captain, he isn't playing well either.

Old
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
J-D

Exactly. Although Ryder and especially Higgins seem to be less hungry than at season's start, Koivu is playing like **** and dragged the 1st line down for many games during january.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:43 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Ryder has been what I expect of him. Sometimes I wish he would not carry the puck as much but the entire first line has been pretty terrible latley. Koivu and Higgins have been worse than Ryder of late for sure.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Ryder has been what I expect of him. Sometimes I wish he would not carry the puck as much but the entire first line has been pretty terrible latley. Koivu and Higgins have been worse than Ryder of late for sure.
Exactly what I think.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:00 PM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post

Broken record again.
It's not about production (maybe a bit) it's the brain cramp plays that he does that drive people crazy. I think he just took too much confidence in himself and now he tries to shoot and deek at will... I don't care that the guy doesn't score a goal in 10 games, but when he looses the puck on the power play because he tried to deek a guy instead of passing the puck, I just can't take it, I mean we all know that he isn't on the power to control the puck, he's only there to shoot...

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
It's not about production (maybe a bit) it's the brain cramp plays that he does that drive people crazy. I think he just took too much confidence in himself and now he tries to shoot and deek at will... I don't care that the guy doesn't score a goal in 10 games, but when he looses the puck on the power play because he tried to deek a guy instead of passing the puck, I just can't take it, I mean we all know that he isn't on the power to control the puck, he's only there to shoot...
I agree, just watch the guy play its so fustrating. Hes just such a one dimensional player. He makes other team mates on the ice look worse.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
Ryder is going to go on a scoring streak starting tonight. All you fickle fans will eat your words. And apparently most Habs fans are anti-Ryder right now.
With the way he as played for the most part this season it is easy for Hab fans to be anti-Ryder.If Koivu can get back on track both Ryder and Higgins will start scoring again.Higgins as zero points in his last 9 games according to some guy on "The Score" today so he really needs to step it up.I get fit up with Ryder some games too but he is hardly the only one to blame.His 2 linemates Koivu and Higgins aren't playing well either.I feel it would be a mistake to trade Ryder right now.

Last edited by sheed36: 02-06-2007 at 03:52 PM.
sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote