HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT February 6: NY Rangers at New Jersey Devils, 7:30p MSG

Old
02-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_Geoff1 View Post
Hello All

I have been a regular visitor to the website for about 5 years now and I have finally decided to create an account. I come here to read a lot of what you guys have to say because most of you are very informative and know your stuff, so it's nice to see that.

Obviously we're all dissapointed with the teams performance. It's very frustrating to watch, especially last night. I just knew we were going to blow that game, and when fans start realizing that then there is obviously a problem. If only Ortmeyer would have scored with a few seconds left in the 2nd things may be different, but who knows with this squad.

Anyway, tonight we should get pummeled. Especially if Jagr isn't playing (but to be honest he's been non existant out there as of late). I hope the addition of Sean Avery works out for us, as long as he doesn't become a problem in the locker room. Either way, it's time to get serious and it'd be nice to get a big win tonight. After last night though, I expect us to be blown out!

I hope to post regularly, and please be easy on me if I'm not exactly up to par with my knowledge, I live in Philly so it's hard to get any games down here unless their on the crap network known as Versus. Anyway, it's lunch time for this guy but I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Geoff!
Welcome Geoff.

It's not easy being a Ranger fan, one of the hardest teams to root for in all of sports unless you crave early death due to stress.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:48 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

They showed they could put three in against Hasek, but the'll be tough pressed to get a few by Marty tonight. They'll have to show up and play smart hockey. Avery may spark them to play harder, let's see how Renney uses him. Roaming Lundy should get the start.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
They showed they could put three in against Hasek, but the'll be tough pressed to get a few by Marty tonight. They'll have to show up and play smart hockey. Avery may spark them to play harder, let's see how Renney uses him. Roaming Lundy should get the start.

lol yeah he needs to just stay in that net. Stop the dump-in's you can get to and leave the puck for the d-men or put it in the corner where it can do little or no damage to you and your team. Shooting the puck up the boards or center of the ice for that matter will only get you in trouble, especially when he doesn't get a lot on his shot when he tries to clear the puck.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Send a message via AIM to NYR_Geoff1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Well we can say that 2 of the goals he gave up were quality, but the mishandling of the puck behind the net helped us get another as well. Of course Henke made sure to give that right back to the Wings during the 3rd period on one of their goals.

Truth is, Hasek came up big when he had to and that is why the Red Wings are as good as they are.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes to the few of you who replied, it most certainly is not easy watching this team. Especially after last year when we thought things were looking bright for this team and its future, but now that's in question once again.

I currently work for the Philadelphia Flyers (and boy are people pissed off). I never thought I'd see so many people give up on a team that is bad for the first time in god knows how many years. Which is why I hate Philadelphia and all of their fans. Quick to brag about how good their teams are, but quick to stop supporting them teh second things go array. At least most of us Rangers fans can stick it out, all I have to say to Flyers Fans is that maybe they should go through 10 years of what we've gone through, and then you'll have something to be upset about.

NYR_Geoff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
lol yeah he needs to just stay in that net. Stop the dump-in's you can get to and leave the puck for the d-men or put it in the corner where it can do little or no damage to you and your team. Shooting the puck up the boards or center of the ice for that matter will only get you in trouble, especially when he doesn't get a lot on his shot when he tries to clear the puck.
I definitely agree with this one. I didn't mind at first that he is trying to handle the puck a little more, but he's making a lot of mistakes. Last night I remember one point (I think on a PK) where he got the puck and tried to clear it out of the zone himself and it ended up on the defensemans stick. Then of course the goal he gave up, and I remember an early game when he tried for an empty net that led to an opposing goal.

Stop with the shinanigens... You're too good to be doing stupid things like that Henke!

Old
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Hello All

I have been a regular visitor to the website for about 5 years now and I have finally decided to create an account. I come here to read a lot of what you guys have to say because most of you are very informative and know your stuff, so it's nice to see that.
Welcome to the circus Geoff!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lundqvist In

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Quote:
"I talked to him [Lundqvist] about it at length after the (Detroit) game," said Renney. "My inclination was maybe to go the other way, but he made it clear to me he'd like to recover and do it again. It's a gut call."
Avery wearing #16...

Quote:
"I'm a blue-collar guy and try to be the hardest-working guy on the ice every night. New Yorkers and Rangers fans probably appreciate that type of style. "
Damn right we do.

Quote:
Note: In what appears to be a counter-move, the Devils have recalled Cam Janssens, whose intimidation factor outweighs his offensive talent.

And Avery took a shot at him right away. "I think I'm a little bit more effective than he is. You play through guys like that."

Nice. Hes starting already...

Old
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont know if I can watch this team tonight. Really I'm just embarassed to be a Rangers fan right now after what happened last night which was pretty much a tragedy. These players dont care, they have no heart whatsoever, they give up a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd period and dont even make into OT to get just a point and all they do is go home after the game with there paychecks in sight. I really dont know why we as fans care more than the players when were not even getting paid. I dont think Ive ever cursed more in my life over a Ranger game than I did last night. The teams that make it to the playoffs and win cups arent just the teams with talent but moreso the teams with the most HEART and DESIRE which this team doesnt have. There is no drive to hold a lead, theres just plain lazyness which Henrik showed last night. He out of everyone on that ice was the worst and should be ashamed to call himself an NHL goaltender. There really is no saving this team. Theyd have to go on at the very least a 8 game winning streak to get back in it and I just dont see that happening.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
There is no drive to hold a lead, theres just plain lazyness which Henrik showed last night. He out of everyone on that ice was the worst and should be ashamed to call himself an NHL goaltender.
Well I'm also disappointed in Henke's play and, more importantly, his work ethic last night. But I think you're taking it a bit too far.

He's done enough over the last year and a half to earn a mulligan for last night.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Nice. Hes starting already...
Should be intresting

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Anyway you can stick Avery in between Hollweg & Orr instead of Betts
I thought that already but also thought it wold be a waste considering Avery can put points up on the board and NYR needs to spread scoring through the line up a bit better I guess. So as much as I would love it I dont expect and wouldnt expect to see it, which is why i didnt list that line.

But yes, it would be sweet, very very sweet

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Well I'm also disappointed in Henke's play and, more importantly, his work ethic last night. But I think you're taking it a bit too far.

He's done enough over the last year and a half to earn a mulligan for last night.
Lundqvist has been great for us, despite the few blunders he made last night we still should have came out of it was a W. I'm sorry but Lundqvist has been playing graet for the past few months and it's unfortunate that our record (and his) doesn't show that because he can't get goals scored for him when he needs it, and the one night he makes a few mistakes his team isn't there to bail him out.

I think he's been very careless with the puck, but that's easy to fix. Stop doing it...

Old
02-06-2007, 02:19 PM
dank

Quote:
TV Note: Tonight's game will air on MSG2. Click here for a list of MSG2 stations. Due to Time Warner Cable policy, the MSG2 broadcast is not available to Time Warner subscribers who receive Devils broadcasts on FSNY, which is also airing tonight's game.
http://www.nyrangers.com/gametime/preview.asp?id=2654

http://www.nyoverflow.com/b.html

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Avery wearing #16...

Damn right we do.

Nice. Hes starting already...Note: In what appears to be a counter-move, the Devils have recalled Cam Janssens, whose intimidation factor outweighs his offensive talent.

And Avery took a shot at him right away. "I think I'm a little bit more effective than he is. You play through guys like that."
Yes and I ****ing love it man. im very hyped about this kid Avery being here, I think it was a great move for NYR to make and I dont see why the kid as well as he plays good here doesnt earn a 2 year, maybe 3 year deal.

im hyped about tonight.

I like guys like Avery who talk **** , and will drop the gloves, he is the type of player you love to have and hate to play againast, reat move. Looking foward to see'ing Avery and hollweg in action tonight. Plus adding Avery to an already lineup that has Hollweg and the likes of Orr will be a big factor in games against Philly,Tor,The Devs,Isles etc... a big tough D-man would be great as well but NYR obviousley doesnt have that,so we as fans will have to make do.

ut anyway once agian im looking foward to tonights game in Jersey or against jersey,whatever.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:

You're SO wrong about that 2nd goal last night, but whatever, you've posted it everywhere so you'll never change your opinion of the play.

Old
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post

im hyped about tonight.
Surprisingly, I am too.

When was the last time a Ranger player said they were going to play "through" an opponent?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You're SO wrong about that 2nd goal last night, but whatever, you've posted it everywhere so you'll never change your opinion of the play.
So you're saying he hustled to get back into the goal?

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR_Geoff1

I just wish that this game could be on Versus for me tonight. I would like to see Avery in action, but instead I must report here periodically through out the evening to get some insight!

Old
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
TV Note: Tonight's game will air on MSG2. Click here for a list of MSG2 stations. Due to Time Warner Cable policy, the MSG2 broadcast is not available to Time Warner subscribers who receive Devils broadcasts on FSNY, which is also airing tonight's game.

Great we have to listen to those dumb Chico comments on Marty Maybe ill have the game on mute. Emrick at least is honest.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:06 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Quote:

Quote:
If I remember the play I dont think it really would have mattered if he would have hustled or not. Actually now that I think about it, didn't the puck get shot into him when he was getting back into net and the puck came back out to the side for a wide open net?

Old
02-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
The play was done by that point. Look around at the rest of the Rangers on the ice and you'll see how Henke got in that position in the first place. Like I said, that was a play the whole team seemed frozen.

Believe me, even though I'm a huge HL fan I don't have the rose colored glasses on, he's been off his game the whole year. I think he's been better of late, but still not back to top form. I'm lookin' forwad to next year, this year is a learning experience for Henke.

Old
02-06-2007, 03:18 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Whats this??!

Not only do i have to watch this garbage tonight but have to hear these 2 dopes too?! Fantastic.

Old
02-06-2007, 03:19 PM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
Well we can say that 2 of the goals he gave up were quality, but the mishandling of the puck behind the net helped us get another as well. Of course Henke made sure to give that right back to the Wings during the 3rd period on one of their goals.

Truth is, Hasek came up big when he had to and that is why the Red Wings are as good as they are.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes to the few of you who replied, it most certainly is not easy watching this team. Especially after last year when we thought things were looking bright for this team and its future, but now that's in question once again.

I currently work for the Philadelphia Flyers (and boy are people pissed off). I never thought I'd see so many people give up on a team that is bad for the first time in god knows how many years. Which is why I hate Philadelphia and all of their fans. Quick to brag about how good their teams are, but quick to stop supporting them teh second things go array. At least most of us Rangers fans can stick it out, all I have to say to Flyers Fans is that maybe they should go through 10 years of what we've gone through, and then you'll have something to be upset about.
yea we are pissed off but i havent stopped supporting them for a second. ive been to all of my games in my plan and a few others here and there. but do you honestly expect a casual fan to go to the games when they have won only 3 home games.

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
NYR_Geoff1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
yea we are pissed off but i havent stopped supporting them for a second. ive been to all of my games in my plan and a few others here and there. but do you honestly expect a casual fan to go to the games when they have won only 3 home games.
Oh no absolutely not. But as we speak right now our sales reps are calling our season ticket holders just to catch up with them on how their seats are treating them and what not, and it's amazing how upset people get about the teams performance. It's obvious I haven't been around long enough to see how things really could be around here, but it's certainly difficult for us this year especially with renewals coming up.

I imagine a lot of the STH's who have been on board for more than a few years will remain but those who are new, probably won't renew. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see, the team has played better as of late but the fact that they can't win at home is pretty amazing.

Old
02-06-2007, 03:27 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I find it amazing that any time someone says something about another team (mainly the Devils, Isles and Flyers) almost immediately there is a response from a fan from that board, almost as if all the rival fans where reading everything we talk about.

Maybe im the only one that doesnt surf around the other bords looking to defend my team. I dont find a need for it. But i guess its cool if they just want to give the other perspective.