HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines against the Stars

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 01:32 AM
ParisSaintGermain

vCash: 500
Lines against the Stars

Check out Bobby Francis interesting comments and the new lines for the game against the Stars:
http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/schedu..._day.php?ID=66

Fredrik Sjostrom, Jeff Taffe and Branko Radivojevic all together... Good opportunity (if they have enough playing time) to show what the young Coyotes can do!

Last edited by ParisSaintGermain: 01-31-2004 at 04:03 AM.
Old
01-31-2004, 03:54 AM
hbk

reminds me of the kid line they had in Edmonton in 1990. Joe Murphy, Martin Gelinas, and Adam Graves. I think that was all three or is my memory of Grade 10 a little fuzzy.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:12 AM
PhoPhan

Reminds me even more of the kid line back in Winnipeg:
Tkachuk-Zhamnov-Selanne

I reckon that worked out well.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Gwyddbwyll

So where do the others fit in? Nash and Novo are probably out.

Nagy-Langkow-Doan
Sjostrom-Taffe-Radivojevic
Savage-Gratton-Cleary
Hrdina-Sillinger-Wilson

Disappointing to see Johnson is still 2-3 months away from returning. I thought he was 2-3 months away when he sustained the injury!

Old
01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
This should be a good spot for the Yotes to prevail. Dallas had a tough grinding game against the Sharks last night and then had to hop on a plane. Hope they do better than the Falcons did last night. I wasn't there so can't be sure about it but from what I understand they had a 6on4 for the last minute of the game down by a goal and Marty kept Kolanos on the pine.

Old
01-31-2004, 10:52 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093
This should be a good spot for the Yotes to prevail. Dallas had a tough grinding game against the Sharks last night and then had to hop on a plane. Hope they do better than the Falcons did last night. I wasn't there so can't be sure about it but from what I understand they had a 6on4 for the last minute of the game down by a goal and Marty kept Kolanos on the pine.
Maybe Marty thinks it's more important to prove a point than to get a point.

Old
01-31-2004, 11:42 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo
Maybe Marty thinks it's more important to prove a point than to get a point.
But then if Kolanos need his coach to prove him a point in the AHL after all the bashing he has already had by the Phoenix staff earlier this season, isn't that a near desperate case?
I mean in circunstances other than tactical the only point you can make thru a game by benching guys is because of their lack of defense activity or lack of grit.
A further punishment is to demote the player to the farm team but when you are in the AHL, already playing in the farm team, there is no way down. If you are at that stage (which hopefully isn't the case yet for Kolanos), there is a trade if you are lucky or a change of continent to try to play in Europe.
I may have gone slightly too far with this comment but I get upset by all this waste in Springfield right now. :mad:

Old
02-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
But then if Kolanos need his coach to prove him a point in the AHL after all the bashing he has already had by the Phoenix staff earlier this season, isn't that a near desperate case?
I mean in circunstances other than tactical the only point you can make thru a game by benching guys is because of their lack of defense activity or lack of grit.
A further punishment is to demote the player to the farm team but when you are in the AHL, already playing in the farm team, there is no way down. If you are at that stage (which hopefully isn't the case yet for Kolanos), there is a trade if you are lucky or a change of continent to try to play in Europe.
I may have gone slightly too far with this comment but I get upset by all this waste in Springfield right now. :mad:
MMcS has been trying to make a point all season with every player. Benching, ranting and raving, and any other such activity has not produced ANY results whatsoever. I think that MMcS is the ONLY person that listens to himself. Can't say I can think of anything else for any one to do to get this team playing. No players are responding to anything at all. Only 2 players on that team are playing well and that's the goaltenders. Most coaches just leave the goaltenders alone. If this team had no coaches at all, they'd probably be a better team. Marty is a good example of the Peter Principal. He's been promoted to his level of incompetence and will go no further. Players look to coaches for solutions, guidance, and leadership. If they there is none, then this is what happens. No player there knows how to get out of their rut. They are not getting solutions or guidance and they don't believe that Marty has any solutions so they have disintegrated as a team. Everyone in Springfield, players and coaches and management have FAILED. If Sprngfldfan or Mystic or anyone else have anything to add to this comment that I may have missed, please feel free to comment .

Last edited by Waldo: 02-01-2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old
02-01-2004, 12:30 AM
ParisSaintGermain

Do you have any idea of who could be replacing marty Mc Sorley if he was to get the boot?

Old
02-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
Do you have any idea of who could be replacing marty Mc Sorley if he was to get the boot?
Yes. I seem to recall conments that Gretzky really likes Pat Conacher as a coach. He is currently the assistant coach to Bobby Francis. I'd send him down for the remainder of the season to take over as head coach and restore some discipline and pride.

Closed Thread