HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the rebuild all over?

Old
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I agree. I'm Sather's biggest critic but there's a big difference trading for a 34 year old with bad feet and a 26 year old like Avery.

You can question how much cap space he'll eat up next year if we keep him, thus perhaps hindering our chance to secure a free agent like Drury, but at least Avery's best days aren't behind him, like too many players we've picked up over the years.
But not all that recently....Not being a smartass, but glad you see the benfits in Avery eventhoug prospectgs were traded..

And I wouldn't worry too much about cap space next year..The Cap grows a few million at least..Andwe are in pretty good shape as it is...Guys like OZO and Kaspar will probably be off the books (even ifthey have to stay in the minors)..As will Weekes, my bet..And maybe we see some of those low-cost kids everybody wants...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Somehow I think this belongs in the thread already started....
Seriously. What is with the recent trend that people need to start their own thread about an ongoing topic of discussion?

This is the end of merging threads and asking posters for their help on the subject: http://hfboards.com/announcement.php?f=24&a=169

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:57 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I basically agree with your post. People do need to realize that we have the worst forward prospecst out of any team in the league. I'm no prospect expert, but come on. I mean, Cliche is considered one of our top offensive prospects, and we just traded him for Sean Avery. Give me a break. We have a few young defensemen, a trade bait goaltender and that's it. We have drafted so poorly that if we do play "the kids" we wont make the playoffs with them anymore than with some geezers, a couple young d-men and a young goalie. We have been the worst organization of the last ten years and will continue to be under Glen Sather.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Who's begging?

Man thats a weird word. Say begging like 25 times in a row.
Its like it has no meaning after that...

Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
Begging
OT, but reminds me of the Dog food commercial.....Bacon...Bacon...Bacon.....I smell Bacon...

Oh well, just a brief respite from The Battle of the Rebuild Version 972

Old
02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
I basically agree with your post. People do need to realize that we have the worst forward prospecst out of any team in the league. I'm no prospect expert, but come on. I mean, Cliche is considered one of our top offensive prospects, and we just traded him for Sean Avery. Give me a break. We have a few young defensemen, a trade bait goaltender and that's it. We have drafted so poorly that if we do play "the kids" we wont make the playoffs with them anymore than with some geezers, a couple young d-men and a young goalie. We have been the worst organization of the last ten years and will continue to be under Glen Sather.
That's not what Don Maloney said. Did you miss his interview on the FAN?

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
I'm one of the few that wants to hold off a bit on the kids, but not becasue they suck...At forward, I actually think we have some good depth in the likes of Callahan, Dawes, Dubinsky, Moore?, Pyatt, Dupont, Byers and a few others...The problem is there is no top liner in the making...Great depth but we might be lucky if we get one or two 2nd liners out of it....OTOH, Having Montoya to go with Lundqvist in goal is as good as you get for young goalis, but I'm sure we draft one this coming year...And D aint that bad at all with Staal, Sauer, Snanguietti, Baranka and a few others...not the best system in the league, but it has made progress...

Old
02-06-2007, 04:07 PM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
But not all that recently....Not being a smartass, but glad you see the benfits in Avery eventhoug prospectgs were traded..

And I wouldn't worry too much about cap space next year..The Cap grows a few million at least..Andwe are in pretty good shape as it is...Guys like OZO and Kaspar will probably be off the books (even ifthey have to stay in the minors)..As will Weekes, my bet..And maybe we see some of those low-cost kids everybody wants...
Unfortunately I have so little faith in Sather that all of a sudden I think Cliche must have been the brightest prospect in our organization. He has a knack for trading prospects away who turn out to be good.

But I was vehemtly opposed to trading youth for Forsberg, not any possible trade out there.

I think the Rangers need a guy with some jam. But I also think Renney is absolutely the wrong coach for a guy like Avery, I don't see Renney being able to harness and focus his aggressiveness properly. Maybe Shanahan can do it, but not Renney.

I wonder how Avery is going to react when he sees Jagr gliding all over the ice while Avery is busting his butt the whole game? Yep, should be an interesting locker room!

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
dedalus

1. The "rebuild" consisted of one trade deadline. Nothing more.

2. Avery is 27. Acquiring him doesn't signal the end of a rebuild (if one actually believes there ewver was one in place). The refusal to deal off vets last year and the signing of so many more last offseason are better indicators than the acquisition of Avery.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Seriously. What is with the recent trend that people need to start their own thread about an ongoing topic of discussion?

This is the end of merging threads and asking posters for their help on the subject: http://hfboards.com/announcement.php?f=24&a=169
I thought up my post last night, way before this topic was created. I didnt make it solely to spam.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Fletch

Larry...

I thought there was more to bacon. As it ending with a big BACONNNN.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote