HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Proposals here.

Rumors in the other thread.

Last edited by dnicks17: 02-05-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old
02-05-2014, 03:02 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Stupid team is stupid. Brain transplants are needed.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
I'd settle for drugs

Old
02-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Njoy Oilers

The arrogance of some is quite telling.

My wife's comment, when I showed her the last few pages of last proposal thread.

She felt better when I told her most of you lived in your mom's basement.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:07 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post

My wife's comment, when I showed her the last few pages of last proposal thread.

hey-- I lice under the London Bridge with the other Romanian Trolls and rather interesting wives-- who all look like Paulina Poriskova

Old
02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Empros*

Can't you guys have a rumor thread where it's only mod submissions?

Old
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
LTIR

vCash: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empros View Post
Can't you guys have a rumor thread where it's only mod submissions?
why cant it all be discussed here?

Old
02-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Empros*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
why cant it all be discussed here?
Trade discussions can be really terrible. Nice to just find out the rumor and leave without combing through pages of crap.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Trade discussions can be really terrible. Nice to just find out the rumor and leave without combing through pages of crap.
Every thread turns into a proposal thread these days.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Ramrod
Happily outscoring

Quote:
Agreed. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of people who think they know hockey make far fetched proposals without any basis in reality. It would be much easier seeing what the legitimate rumours are and then contemplating that. Note: "[Player X] may be available" is not a rumor. It's an invitation for fans to make proposals.

I'd like to thank the many posters who allowed this experiment to fail.

Special thanks to BBO who actually put up with the ******** for as long as he did.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Larry Hoover

I'm an outsider but I keep tabs on the Oilers. This is the way I'm thinking. The Oilers were hilariously stupid for not going after Bishop/Bernier/Schenider...They almost have to go after a #1G this off season and we know that some will be available (i.e. Reimer).

If I was the GM, the way I would approach this team is by asking myself this question about each player "Is this a player I can see us winning a cup with? If so, in what position?". Using that logic is why, if I were an Oilers fan, I would be happy with a trade like Clifford for Gagner + 2nd. I can't see this Oilers, undersized & soft roster, being a contender with Gagner behind RNH. I can see Clifford being on that 3rd line though. The same applies for Hemsky, I would move him for something.

This is what I came up with...

Hall - RNH - Yakupov/Eberle
Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford
Hendricks - Gordon - Gazdic

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

So the reason I've bolded Yakupov & Eberle is because, in my estimation, at least one of them has to go. Yakupov would be the illogical choice given his value is an all-time low so let's say you move Eberle for Anisimov & JMFJ, then you fill that hole at #2C with size and top pairing D (I am not a JMFJ fan myself whatsoever, but I do see the potential in him).

Another move I would make is I would throw a whole lot of money at Girardi. Yeah you'll overpay him but you need to create this blue-collared, hard-working winning culture back in Edmonton. That also rounds out your D core nicely. I would do the same for Dave Bolland.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
40oz

Quote:
You could just puruse the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Or use one of those sites that track NHL trade rumors like SB Nation, The Fourth Period, or Bleacher Report.
I'm sure there's plenty of others too.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
I'm an outsider but I keep tabs on the Oilers. This is the way I'm thinking. The Oilers were hilariously stupid for not going after Bishop/Bernier/Schenider...They almost have to go after a #1G this off season and we know that some will be available (i.e. Reimer).

If I was the GM, the way I would approach this team is by asking myself this question about each player "Is this a player I can see us winning a cup with? If so, in what position?". Using that logic is why, if I were an Oilers fan, I would be happy with a trade like Clifford for Gagner + 2nd. I can't see this Oilers, undersized & soft roster, being a contender with Gagner behind RNH. I can see Clifford being on that 3rd line though. The same applies for Hemsky, I would move him for something.

Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

So the reason I've bolded Yakupov & Eberle is because, in my estimation, at least one of them has to go. Yakupov would be the illogical choice given his value is an all-time low so let's say you move Eberle for Anisimov & JMFJ, then you fill that hole at #2C with size and top pairing D (I am not a JMFJ fan myself whatsoever, but I do see the potential in him).

Another move I would make is I would throw a whole lot of money at Girardi. Yeah you'll overpay him but you need to create this blue-collared, hard-working winning culture back in Edmonton. That also rounds out your D core nicely. I would do the same for Dave Bolland.
Except they did. All three of those goalies the Oilers pursued. On a side not, Moroz is not making this team next year and there is no reason to find an upgrade on Gordon. He's been great in the 3 role.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
misfit

Quote:
They went after every one of those players.

02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post

Old
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Except they did. All three of those goalies the Oilers pursued. On a side not, Moroz is not making this team next year and there is no reason to find an upgrade on Gordon. He's been great in the 3 role.
Exactly.
We tried to go after them but they asked us to much or didn't want to trade within the conference.

Moroz should stay in the ahl for at least a year to see if he can play with men first.

Old
02-05-2014, 03:43 PM
phaedrusDH

vCash: 100
Lots of info from 30 Thoughts this week:

Quote:
5. One of the reasons Los Angeles is interested in Sam Gagner is the team's third-worst power play. Gagner was 28th overall in extra-man points last season, with 15. Among Kings, only Anze Kopitar had more, with 16. Even as Gagner suffered through recovery from his broken jaw in 2013-14, only four L.A. forwards have more power-play points than he does. Plus, the Kings' centre quartet could be Kopitar, Mike Richards, Gagner and Jarret Stoll. Not bad.

6. The biggest hurdle to this trade is the Kings' cap situation. Gagner carries a hit of $4.8 million US and L.A. is looking to contend, not subtract. I'm not sure how much (if at all) Edmonton is willing to eat of this contract. Some of you asked if a team can only absorb salary in the season the trade is made. The answer is no. The Oilers could theoretically do it for the three years of Gagner's deal, if they wanted.

7. The proposed return? Not certain. Edmonton fans drool over Jake Muzzin, but I'd be stunned. L.A. only has five current defencemen locked up for next season and Matt Greene's injuries have complicated negotiations. Their best prospects aren't on the blue-line. This is another position the Kings are looking to address.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...ic-debate.html

Old
02-05-2014, 03:52 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:

Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

lol troll

Old
02-05-2014, 03:56 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
They went after every one of those players.
Because the last thing nucks wanted was to see schneider in the same division it was reported they wanted our first overall and Eberle. For Bishop is Yakupov and something else and the Kings are not dumb--for Bernier we would have had to give up more then the leads because we are in the same division now. Should be interesting to see how the Gagner drama turns out

Old
02-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Mr Positive

vCash: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios View Post
Exactly.
We tried to go after them but they asked us to much or didn't want to trade within the conference.

Moroz should stay in the ahl for at least a year to see if he can play with men first.
Management has a legit excuse for failing to get Schneider and Bernier, but no excuse for failing to get Bishop.

Why would the Kings and Canucks be so careful not to trade within their division, and yet the Senators traded Bishop inside their division? The reality is that we didn't offer anything for Bishop. Management likes to pretend they did though.

It just doesn't make any sense otherwise. Connacher was nothing special even at the time. We had a ton of players with similar value. Paajarvi, Gagner, whoever.

Old
02-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
Management has a legit excuse for failing to get Schneider and Bernier, but no excuse for failing to get Bishop.

Why would the Kings and Canucks be so careful not to trade within their division, and yet the Senators traded Bishop inside their division? The reality is that we didn't offer anything for Bishop. Management likes to pretend they did though.

It just doesn't make any sense otherwise. Connacher was nothing special even at the time. We had a ton of players with similar value. Paajarvi, Gagner, whoever.
They sort of do, his name is Steve Tambellini and he's working at the Costco now I think

Old
02-05-2014, 04:05 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They sort of do, his name is Steve Tambellini and he's working at the Costco now I think
currently employed by the best team in the nhl

people are playing down conacher because he turned back into a pumpkin after the deal--playing with the bolts he looked like the real deal

Old
02-05-2014, 04:07 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
The experiment failed.

Back to one thread.
It was a valiant effort, much appreciated that you guys at least gave it a try.

Back to the retarded proposals I guess..

Old
02-05-2014, 04:10 PM
LTIR

vCash: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post

meh... talk about hindsight being 20\20.. Bishop was at the same level as Scrivens, Holtby, Khudobin. Imagine the backlash had we traded Gagner (top 50 in league scoring) for Bishop, a backup goalie for OTT with stats worse than Dubnyk.

TB got lucky and Bishop became a gem. To say "no excuse for failing to get Bishop" is flat out wrong. I wouldnt have given more than a 2nd for him. Not even Paajarvi.

Old
02-05-2014, 04:13 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Too bad we couldn't keep the rumor thread going. I liked the idea, and think it would have worked well if we gave it more time, and let people know how to use it properly. Oh well, back to nothing but idiotic NHL14 trade proposals:

Gagner+1st in '14 for Stamkos.

Who knows when we'll see SS, but he'd look good in our top 6. Maybe doesn't bring the physical element we need, but hey, can't have it all. Git er dun MacT.

Closed Thread