HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
looks like my MY Jinx worked "check avatar".

Old
02-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
I almost want it to be Neal just so I can hate Team Canada more than I already do.

Old
02-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I almost want it to be Neal just so I can hate Team Canada more than I already do.

Old
02-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Striiker
I hate zebras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
LOL

Russia's just as good as North America they said

Russia's a first world country they said

Russia's the one of the best countries in the world they said

Russia sucks

Old
02-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Please let it be St. Louis and not G.
agreed !!!!!!!

Old
02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
tymed

Come onnnn Soch-G 2014!

Old
02-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Hexastate

I'm torn between whether or not I want Giroux to make the team.

I want him to rest for the stretch run, but I also know how much it would mean to him to make the team

Old
02-05-2014, 06:56 PM
FLYguy3911

I just can't see Yzerman passing on Marty again. How could he look the guy in the eye anymore?

Old
02-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Flyrs21

Please not Giroux.......Please not Giroux.....Please not Giroux

Old
02-05-2014, 08:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Has anybody else had the jersey's for these Olympics grow on them over time? I know most of them were laughed at & weren't thought too highly of when they were first released & I admittedly wasn't too crazy for them neither but as American our jersey's have really grow on me now that I look at them again.

Old
02-05-2014, 08:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Has anybody else had the jersey's for these Olympics grow on them over time? I know most of them were laughed at & weren't thought too highly of when they were first released & I admittedly wasn't too crazy for them neither but as American our jersey's have really grow on me now that I look at them again.
Absolutely love Canada's jerseys. Hopefully Giroux gets chosen to replace Stammer so I can grab a jersey. All you people saying you don't want Giroux to make need to relax. If the rest of the NHL superstars can go play and not get injured or burnt out, I think Giroux will be fine.

Old
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Absolutely love Canada's jerseys. Hopefully Giroux gets chosen to replace Stammer so I can grab a jersey. All you people saying you don't want Giroux to make need to relax. If the rest of the NHL superstars can go play and not get injured or burnt out, I think Giroux will be fine.
My girlfriend got me a Canada 3rd for my birthday assuming Giroux would be on the team. I do have other players in mind, but I have been holding off until they make a decision on Stamkos. I wouldn't forgive myself if I went ahead with another player and Giroux ended up being on the team.

Safe to say I'm eager for the announcement

Old
02-05-2014, 08:47 PM
The Couturier Effect

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman, via text, says a replacement player announcement will take place "within 48 hours''

Old
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman, via text, says a replacement player announcement will take place "within 48 hours''
48 Hours. Jeez I cant wait that long!

Old
02-05-2014, 09:08 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Giroux is a good fit for replacing Stammer, both are RH shots and we all know Giroux has played wing before.
St.Louis I believe is snubbed because he's small and 37 yrs old, Neal and St.Louis both are LH shots, might not work. I might just cheer for a different country if they have a top line consisting of Kunitz, Crosby and Neal...would like be cheering for the Pens...won't happen. .

Old
02-05-2014, 09:41 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Giroux is a good fit for replacing Stammer, both are RH shots and we all know Giroux has played wing before.
St.Louis I believe is snubbed because he's small and 37 yrs old, Neal and St.Louis both are LH shots, might not work. I might just cheer for a different country if they have a top line consisting of Kunitz, Crosby and Neal...would like be cheering for the Pens...won't happen. .
Shot is irrelevant really. Neal and St. Louis both play the right side. I don't think Canada wants to get too center happy. They already have a couple centers playing the wing, not sure they want another.

My gut says Canada will favor a scorer rather than another playmaker.

One thing in G's favor though is that he is versatile. He can play PK and PP and any forward position. There's no guarantee the guy who replaces Stamkos is directly taking his spot in the lineup. He may end up as the extra guy, so being able to wear different hats is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
People (on this board especially) HATE change. Anything that is even remotely non-generic people jump all over. I liked a lot of the jerseys for the most part. The only one I wasn't too fond of was the blue Finland jersey which is usually one of the best looking jerseys. Grabbed a Navy USA one a couple months ago. Just debating who to get still.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 02-05-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old
02-05-2014, 09:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
People (on this board especially) HATE change. Anything that is even remotely non-generic people jump all over. I liked a lot of them for the most part. The only one I wasn't too fond of was the blue Finland jersey which is usually one of the best looking jerseys. Grabbed a Navy USA one a couple months ago. Just debating who to get still.
I wasn't a fan of the white or blue sets of the US' last go around, they were too generic & really lacked any type of creativity for my liking to be honest so I welcome the change.

However I liked the throwback ones they wore in the first game against Canada in 2010 & also the blue/white sets they wear at WC's & WJC's.

Old
02-05-2014, 09:58 PM
FLYguy3911

Yeah I feel the same way about the 2010 US jerseys. Too plain. I had little desire to buy one. It was understandable though. The logo change was pretty much a last second thing. They had a few years to mock up concepts for these Olympics.

I don't know why I do it, but I keep going in the Olympic Jersey thread and it's just people *****ing about the jerseys still. Meanwhile people just praise the 2010 ones. I don't get it. To each their own I guess. These will grow on people once they see them on the ice and you can barely notice the fake stars and laces that people love to hate.

Old
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
El Dandy*

Please let it be anybody but G.

Old
02-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Ryker

Everyone's talking about the final spot on the Canadian roster, but it'll be interesting seeing who the starting goalies will be for some of the countries, especially Finland, USA, Canada and Russia. As far as the latter goes, I'm hoping Bob gets injured or sick, so that there are no questions around the 1-2 punch in goal. With Finland, it should probably be Rask, but I have no idea who the US will go with.

Old
02-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Everyone's talking about the final spot on the Canadian roster, but it'll be interesting seeing who the starting goalies will be for some of the countries, especially Finland, USA, Canada and Russia. As far as the latter goes, I'm hoping Bob gets injured or sick, so that there are no questions around the 1-2 punch in goal. With Finland, it should probably be Rask, but I have no idea who the US will go with.
USA should be interesting, Quick or Miller? I think Miller deserves the start (not that I think Quick doesn't deserve it), but Miller has been playing out of this world.

Thankfully, I don't have to make the decision for the US.

Old
02-05-2014, 11:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
As a US fan I really don't mind either way with Quick or Miller. Quick always shows up on the big stage & Miller's probably one of the best goalies in the NHL this year plus there's 2010 still fresh in people's mind. Even though it's the third goalie I have no idea how Howard made the squad over Bishop.

Every time I get excited about the tourney I'm reminded that Dan Byslma is coaching this team & have to take a step back in my excitement. He already made some questionable decisions by bringing his guys in Martin & Orpik over better options. So he's already off to a great start & the games haven't even begun.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 02-05-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old
02-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

How is Miller over Quick even up for debate?

Old
02-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
How is Miller over Quick even up for debate?
Why would it not be? It's not like you can predict how they'd play. And Miller has been great, but I don't think he's been that much better than Quick. Especially lately the latter seems to be stepping his game up. And we've all seen that at his best he can probably outperform Miller at his.

Old
02-06-2014, 12:23 AM
flyersfan018

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I just think Canada will be more lethal with Giroux. I don't want that

Closed Thread