HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT February 6: NY Rangers at New Jersey Devils, 7:30p MSG

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
  #676
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Very good observation. They did play well. Nice to see out of the young kids.
yea but when that clown Malik comes back, Girardi back to Hartford I doubt anyone would take Malik on their team especially teams that need defenseman.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
  #677
artoor13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Umm, no, he actually looked at the stats. Cullen is something like 7/12 in shootouts, which is probably the best on the whole damn team.

I probably would have shot Cullen as well in this one.

Ive got no complaints at all, except a minor one at Nylander for not lifting the puck, but its ok, we played a great game, im much happier tonight than after the 6-3 win against the Bruins.

Cullen is 1 for 3 on the shootout this year. If you're talking about overall career, I think we can both agree that last year has nothing to do with his overall performance this season b/c hes not playing up to par.

I'd rather give Hossa a try

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
  #678
Salz
Registered User
 
Salz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Who cares? We outplayed them tonight. The game should have ended in a tie since no one scored the third goal. It bothers me that fans emotions are based on who wins a skills competition. HAd the Rangers won the skills competition at the end, would you all have been happy cause we got an extra ******** point we didn't deserve? I'm against teams getting all these extra points for winning a skills competition. I have the same emotion whether we win or lose shootouts. Yeah, I know points matter, but I think it's rather silly that fans have that 'losing' feeling when they lose the shootout and that 'winning' feeling when they win the shootout, ESPECIALLY because of that other awful rule where teams get a point just for making it to overtime. God, the NHL is such a gimmick filled piece of **** league now. If it weren't for my attachment to the Rangers, I would have given it up years ago. Shame on you, Gary Bettman, and shame on all of the newspaper writers and fans who took the greedy owners side during the lockout.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
  #679
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Everyone has got to stop acting like Hossa is automatic. Neither he nor Cullen should be a top 3 option on this team in the shootout.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
  #680
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
yea but when that clown Malik comes back, Girardi back to Hartford I doubt anyone would take Malik on their team especially teams that need defenseman.
No, I think Girardi will stay in the lineup...Pock will be scratched. And someone will be cut/waived.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
  #681
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor13 View Post
Cullen is 1 for 3 on the shootout this year. If you're talking about overall career, I think we can both agree that last year has nothing to do with his overall performance this season b/c hes not playing up to par.

I'd rather give Hossa a try
I still dont get that. To me this year Cullens problem has been hes just been weak on his skates. You can knock him off with a decent fart hes so weak. That has NOTHING to do with shootout prowess. Hossa while he is 2/2 generally shoots like 10th or something in our shooting depth. He also had one of the most pathetic shootout attempts ive ever seen against the Caps in the marathon shootout last year.

No, to me Cullen was a good choice, and probably who I would have gone with as well. While he was a schmuck in this game costing us a key goal and once again taking a bad penalty, he clearly can score in shootouts.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
  #682
artoor13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
OK, you tell me. What is this team's identity? What are it's strengths? What can you count on night in and night out? Tell me?

If you can't answer that question well, then you can't ask for Renney's head or call him a schmuck.
Yes I can. I'm not getting paid for it. Nor am I an expert at coaching and motivating a team.

He is supposed to be. If not he shouldn't be doing it.

I can't identify the corporate culture and strategy of most firms or companies. But I could trust the management does because they have the experiene and qualifications. Other wise the company goes to ****.
Like the Rangers

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:38 PM
  #683
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
No, I think Girardi will stay in the lineup...Pock will be scratched. And someone will be cut/waived.
Actually, while ive been down on Girardi (privately, havent spoken out because of the love fest for him going on here) I thought he was SUPERB today. So i (once again) agree with you there.

However, I have a feeling pock wont be scratched/cut/waived, i think he will be traded. Which is a shame, i see some real solid ability in him, I think he could be a definite asset for this team, or at the very least a stop gap till Sanguinetti comes along.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
  #684
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,007
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor13 View Post
Yes I can. I'm not getting paid for it. Nor am I an expert at coaching and motivating a team.

He is supposed to be. If not he shouldn't be doing it.

I can't identify the corporate culture and strategy of most firms or companies. But I could trust the management does because they have the experiene and qualifications. Other wise the company goes to ****.
Like the Rangers
Didn't answer the question.

What is this team's identity?

What does it consistently do well?

What can it rely on doing well game in and game out?

If you can't answer that question, you can't kill Renney. Because those three questions are very hard to answer...for anyone.

The fact is, they are a very, very,very flawed team. They overachieved last season under the same coach.

It's way too easy to say fire the coach. You fire the coach and the those three questions are not closer to being answered or fixed.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
  #685
Speedtrials
Registered User
 
Speedtrials's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alphabit City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
At least Sean Avery played a good game.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:42 PM
  #686
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Lundqvist had one bad night in the past two weeks. No one should be blaming him for anything. Even if he didn't screw up that one game for us yesterday it wouldn't have made too much of a difference. Lundqvist is back to his old self from last year, just the team isn't

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM
  #687
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
At least Sean Avery played a good game.
Yeh, hopefully it's not just a first game type of thing. Heres to hoping he brings it every night

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
  #688
artoor13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I still dont get that. To me this year Cullens problem has been hes just been weak on his skates. You can knock him off with a decent fart hes so weak. That has NOTHING to do with shootout prowess. Hossa while he is 2/2 generally shoots like 10th or something in our shooting depth. He also had one of the most pathetic shootout attempts ive ever seen against the Caps in the marathon shootout last year.

No, to me Cullen was a good choice, and probably who I would have gone with as well. While he was a schmuck in this game costing us a key goal and once again taking a bad penalty, he clearly can score in shootouts.

Well unfortunately his ability to score in the shootout did not show tonight

And on a side note, if I recall correctly both goals Hossa scored this year in the shootout were game winners and in sudden death shootout. Pretty clutch wouldnt you agree?

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
  #689
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Didn't answer the question.

What is this team's identity?

What does it consistently do well?

What can it rely on doing well game in and game out?

If you can't answer that question, you can't kill Renney. Because those three questions are very hard to answer...for anyone.

The fact is, they are a very, very,very flawed team. They overachieved last season under the same coach.

It's way too easy to say fire the coach. You fire the coach and the those three questions are not closer to being answered or fixed.
I disagree, I think this team has a phenomenal mixture of east-west, and north south, the problem is that they just arent meshing like they should on a consistent basis. we arent throwing them different looks every shift, were throwing them either an east west look, or nothing, because the other lines just cant generate ANY kind of an attack.

While i dont hold Renney responsible at all for tonight (on the contrary, i thought he had his best coaching game as a ranger) i do fault him for not being able to make it work. hes got a LOT to work with.

Tonight worked well, i think, because of the constant change in alignments. It just was really cool to watch the different styles blend together for stretches at a time. Sadly it doesnt happen often enough.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
  #690
HenrikO'doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Who cares? We outplayed them tonight. The game should have ended in a tie since no one scored the third goal. It bothers me that fans emotions are based on who wins a skills competition. HAd the Rangers won the skills competition at the end, would you all have been happy cause we got an extra ******** point we didn't deserve? I'm against teams getting all these extra points for winning a skills competition. I have the same emotion whether we win or lose shootouts. Yeah, I know points matter, but I think it's rather silly that fans have that 'losing' feeling when they lose the shootout and that 'winning' feeling when they win the shootout, ESPECIALLY because of that other awful rule where teams get a point just for making it to overtime. God, the NHL is such a gimmick filled piece of **** league now. If it weren't for my attachment to the Rangers, I would have given it up years ago. Shame on you, Gary Bettman, and shame on all of the newspaper writers and fans who took the greedy owners side during the lockout.
Im with ya all the way man, I hate the shoot out, while Id like the point I think we played prety good and careful tonight. We didnt make too many mistakes and had we won the shootout it would have been considered by many a great game. And Im with ya on Bettman, Id rather have overtime instead of the shootout, it doesnt add much, this whole "new NHL" is a failure and I am suprised I didnt fall asleep tonight.

The good news tonight was Lundy doing his job, and Jagr got a nice awareness goal. Avery played very well, he made some great passes, he didnt have too many turnovers and he crashed the net. His physical game is needed and I would like to see Hollweg play as well as that can make teams be aware of more than 1 line. He reminded me of Barnaby with the trash talking, the scrums and the hits after the whistle. If Avery plays like that Im very happy about this trade.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
  #691
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor13 View Post
Well unfortunately his ability to score in the shootout did not show tonight

And on a side note, if I recall correctly both goals Hossa scored this year in the shootout were game winners and in sudden death shootout. Pretty clutch wouldnt you agree?
He didnt do well tonight on the shootout, i agree, but what were talking about is Renneys decision to put Cullen out there to begin with, not the end result. You can complain all you want with how Cullen executed the play (Then you sure as hell better KILL Nylander for not elevating that puck on the wide open net) but whats in question is can you fault Renney for putting him out there.

I can not.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
  #692
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Lundqvist is back to his old self from last year, just the team isn't
He faced 21 shots to Brodeur's 30.

Lundqvist at his best from last year would have taken this game from Brodeur.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
  #693
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Im with ya all the way man, I hate the shoot out, while Id like the point I think we played prety good and careful tonight. We didnt make too many mistakes and had we won the shootout it would have been considered by many a great game. And Im with ya on Bettman, Id rather have overtime instead of the shootout, it doesnt add much, this whole "new NHL" is a failure and I am suprised I didnt fall asleep tonight.

The good news tonight was Lundy doing his job, and Jagr got a nice awareness goal. Avery played very well, he made some great passes, he didnt have too many turnovers and he crashed the net. His physical game is needed and I would like to see Hollweg play as well as that can make teams be aware of more than 1 line. He reminded me of Barnaby with the trash talking, the scrums and the hits after the whistle. If Avery plays like that Im very happy about this trade.
i like the shootout because the game actually ends, but i would like to see 4 on 4 extended to 10 minutes. it would make shootouts more rare, and therefore, even more exciting.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
  #694
artoor13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Didn't answer the question.

What is this team's identity?

What does it consistently do well?

What can it rely on doing well game in and game out?

If you can't answer that question, you can't kill Renney. Because those three questions are very hard to answer...for anyone.

The fact is, they are a very, very,very flawed team. They overachieved last season under the same coach.

It's way too easy to say fire the coach. You fire the coach and the those three questions are not closer to being answered or fixed.

I agree that the team is flawed. It's clear to me that they play a crappy system that doesnt work(coach), and that the team is full of retards who cant make plays ( the individual).

But he makes the decision on who goes out there and he chose Cullen. I disagree with that choice. Sue me. For this I believe he is a schmuck.

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
  #695
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,007
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I disagree, I think this team has a phenomenal mixture of east-west, and north south, the problem is that they just arent meshing like they should on a consistent basis. we arent throwing them different looks every shift, were throwing them either an east west look, or nothing, because the other lines just cant generate ANY kind of an attack.

While i dont hold Renney responsible at all for tonight (on the contrary, i thought he had his best coaching game as a ranger) i do fault him for not being able to make it work. hes got a LOT to work with.

Tonight worked well, i think, because of the constant change in alignments. It just was really cool to watch the different styles blend together for stretches at a time. Sadly it doesnt happen often enough.
A phenominal mix? They have two guys who can score consistently. One's injured and one is old. They have two guys who are elite passers who too often pass when they should shoot. They have a young sniper who has struggled this year and is an injury ready to happen (think Tony Granato).

The coach an only work with what he has. I guess he gets no credit for last season. Because he's by far the biggest problem this season.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:48 PM
  #696
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,235
vCash: 500
btw, you guys want something to be ticked about?

how about the non call on the flying elbow into Pruchas face?

That was awful.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
  #697
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,007
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor13 View Post
I agree that the team is flawed. It's clear to me that they play a crappy system that doesnt work(coach), and that the team is full of retards who cant make plays ( the individual).

But he makes the decision on who goes out there and he chose Cullen. I disagree with that choice. Sue me. For this I believe he is a schmuck.
OK. What system would you play? And if the team is full of retards who can't make plays (your words, not mine) how is that the coach's fault?

Using Cullen is an isolated incident. If Shanny or Nylander scores you have found something else to blame him for. Too easy to kill the coach. Look at the larger picture.

To date under this GM, we have called for Low, Trottier and Sather to be fired. At what point is the problem larger than the coach? At least Renney has had a team go to the playoffs.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:51 PM
  #698
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
inferno here's a stat for you: Marcel Hossa 1/1 vs Brodeur in the shootout. That's 100%. Why wasn't he in there?

Stats are bull. Face it Cullen hasn't hit the broad side of a barn in a amonth. We are better off letting Rachunek take penalty shots then Cullen. With that said that wasn't the main problem this game. Scoring remains a concern. Where is the top line?

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
  #699
artoor13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
btw, you guys want something to be ticked about?

how about the non call on the flying elbow into Pruchas face?

That was awful.

You know whats pisses me off the most about it is that its ON Prucha. I mean I know its hockey and its part of the game. But you don't see those kind of hits on any of our other guys. It's a little gutless to go after the smallest guy on the team like that.

I mean i wouldn't feel that proud if he was half my size.

I really want someone to pummel Gionta next game. Just bend down and give him a nice shoulder to the nose at 20 mph.

artoor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
  #700
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
inferno here's a stat for you: Marcel Hossa 1/1 vs Brodeur in the shootout. That's 100%. Why wasn't he in there?

Stats are bull. Face it Cullen hasn't hit the broad side of a barn in a amonth. We are better off letting Rachunek take penalty shots then Cullen. With that said that wasn't the main problem this game. Scoring remains a concern. Where is the top line?
speaking of Rachunek... I felt he was really strong today. I like how he's playing

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.