HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got A Question about the team? Fantasy? History? Trade Proposal? ASK HERE!

Old
01-20-2014, 12:28 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAllTheWay View Post
Fantasy question here regarding Eric Gelinas:

Just curious if there is any speculation, tweets, etc, out there that anyone could provide regarding his status on the roster going forward? I know he recently had his brief stint in the minors then came up but in a very limited roll. Ice time has increased the last few games though.

Basically I'm most concerned about the likelyhood of him being scratched and/or sent down again, if anyone can provide me with any info or insight. Also if his increased ice-time is expected to continue? Seems he's back to producing even with the lowered ice time but is still kind of a risky start...

Much appreciated! Thanks.
doubt he gets sent down again, but hes been playing really trash minutes lately. should be playing 2nd pair with Larsson, but Larsson is still festering in the AHL and Gelinas is playing 7th D

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
It's just a gut feeling but I think he's staying up for the forseeable. I don't think the team can afford to give up his offense. He also had a pretty solid game last night with Merrill scratched.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:24 AM
FlamesAllTheWay

Thanks for the replies!

He seems to have bounced back since he was sent down, even with the reduced minutes. Hopefully he continues chugging along. The few times I've seen him this year he's actually looked pretty good, even when he's not scoring.

FlamesAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Alright so I got one of those white CCM throwbacks from SportsK and I'm looking to have it made into a Daneyko jersey sometime this offseason. I'd like it to be authentic from 91-92 with the 75th Anniversary patch so I was checking to see if Ken wore the "A" at all that season. Can't find it listed anywhere and 99% of the photos I see do not show him with anything on his jersey but that 75th Anniversary patch. But then I found this card and now I'm confused. It looks like he maybe wore it for a game? Can anyone confirm?

Colin226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Eric Sachs

Hey guys..I've been out of the loop. What exactly happened with Marty? Did he actually want to be traded?

Eric Sachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Sachs View Post
Hey guys..I've been out of the loop. What exactly happened with Marty? Did he actually want to be traded?
Seemingly....not really. Compared to what TG quoted from Marty yesterday, there were a bunch of sensationalized reports about him giving "a list" and saying he wanted to play somewhere else that don't seem to have really happened.

Hockey Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Rookie User

What is going on with Larsson?

Out for the season?

2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Marcolepsy Scandella

vCash: 50
Wild fan here, coming in peace. Not sure if this is the place for this but....

What do you guys think it will be like for Parise tomorrow? Has the animosity kind of died down over the past couple years or do you guys expect that there will still be plenty of boo birds out? I'm kind of excited to watch the game. The reaction to Parise will be an interesting side plot for the game where both teams desperately need 2 points.

Marcolepsy Scandella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 03:07 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by centcougar07 View Post
Wild fan here, coming in peace. Not sure if this is the place for this but....

What do you guys think it will be like for Parise tomorrow? Has the animosity kind of died down over the past couple years or do you guys expect that there will still be plenty of boo birds out? I'm kind of excited to watch the game. The reaction to Parise will be an interesting side plot for the game where both teams desperately need 2 points.
He will get booed pretty loudly I imagine. It's the first time he's coming back, the fans haven't gotten the chance to let him have it until now. I don't think it'll be pretty.

The Devils crapping the bed in the last 3 games will probably increase the anger and frustration out of the fanbase on top of it.

MadDog172430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Marcolepsy Scandella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
He will get booed pretty loudly I imagine. It's the first time he's coming back, the fans haven't gotten the chance to let him have it until now. I don't think it'll be pretty.

The Devils crapping the bed in the last 3 games will probably increase the anger and frustration out of the fanbase on top of it.
Admittedly I don't see many east coast games so I can't speak knowledgeably about Devil's hockey but I've had this game circled on the calendar since it came out. Suter got it pretty good in Nashville the first time and they aren't nearly as rabid as New Jersey fans so I expect a great albeit hostile atmosphere on Thursday. Especially since Parise tried to convince Suter to come sign in New Jersey with him but Suter was completely against that and since they wanted to try and play together Suter played at least a small part in Zach not returning to the Devil's. The way Parise talks about the Devil's organization and it's fans in his interviews here in Minnesota I feel bad for him a little because I know it's gonna break his heart to feel that disdain from a place he called home for so long. Although I'm sure Devil's fans will have little sympathy.

I just can't wait to watch the game. It's going to be excited all around.

Old
03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by centcougar07 View Post
Admittedly I don't see many east coast games so I can't speak knowledgeably about Devil's hockey but I've had this game circled on the calendar since it came out. Suter got it pretty good in Nashville the first time and they aren't nearly as rabid as New Jersey fans so I expect a great albeit hostile atmosphere on Thursday. Especially since Parise tried to convince Suter to come sign in New Jersey with him but Suter was completely against that and since they wanted to try and play together Suter played at least a small part in Zach not returning to the Devil's. The way Parise talks about the Devil's organization and it's fans in his interviews here in Minnesota I feel bad for him a little because I know it's gonna break his heart to feel that disdain from a place he called home for so long. Although I'm sure Devil's fans will have little sympathy.

I just can't wait to watch the game. It's going to be excited all around.
Truthfully, many of us still have a soft spot for Zach, myself included. He's a difficult guy to not like. He plays the game the right way and our fanbase definitely fell in love with his work ethic over the years. He seemed like the type of guy who would've committed to New Jersey long term and I think that the shock of him leaving has made us feel jaded, especially coming so close to winning the Stanley Cup in his last year.

He could have easily gone to a rival, but he chose to go home. I don't really fault him for the decision. Though I plan on really giving it to him tomorrow myself, I plan for that to be the only time. Tomorrow is essentially our release of anger and grief from his decision, and then after that, I'm going to go back to rooting for the guy.

I can't speak for all Devils fans, but the Wild are my 2nd team thanks to Lemaire and now Zach and Pominville. If the Devils do fall out, I won't hold back from pulling for you guys in the playoffs.

Old
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Marcolepsy Scandella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Truthfully, many of us still have a soft spot for Zach, myself included. He's a difficult guy to not like. He plays the game the right way and our fanbase definitely fell in love with his work ethic over the years. He seemed like the type of guy who would've committed to New Jersey long term and I think that the shock of him leaving has made us feel jaded, especially coming so close to winning the Stanley Cup in his last year.

He could have easily gone to a rival, but he chose to go home. I don't really fault him for the decision. Though I plan on really giving it to him tomorrow myself, I plan for that to be the only time. Tomorrow is essentially our release of anger and grief from his decision, and then after that, I'm going to go back to rooting for the guy.

I can't speak for all Devils fans, but the Wild are my 2nd team thanks to Lemaire and now Zach and Pominville. If the Devils do fall out, I won't hold back from pulling for you guys in the playoffs.
Interesting take! I appreciate the candid response. Hopefully the majority of Devil's fans will hold your sentiment. I got a chance to meet the guy at a charity event and he just seems likes such a genuinely nice guy although he does seem to really value his privacy but for a guy who's in the limelight so much it's hardly surprising.

Anyway you can tell he really considers jersey a second home and really loves and appreciates how he was brought up in the organization and how he learned to be a pro there. I can understand the initial release of emotion from Devils fans. After all your captain leaves and it does leave a sour taste in your mouth I'm sure. But with everything Zach did for NJ when he was there I would hope as a fan of hockey in general that it passes eventually and doesn't become a Heatley in Ottawa type of thing.

Thanks for the support! We need it. We're playing okay but our schedule is really hard to end the year and Dallas and Phoenix are right there behind us. Although we would play Anaheim in the playoffs as it stands today which would be ideal for us. I think the Blues/Blackhawks would curb stomp us but we've played the Ducks tough all year. Hopefully the Devils can get hot too and make it in for what might be Brodeur's last year. Just as long as Detroit doesn't make it i'll be very happy thought!

Old
04-09-2014, 11:30 PM
snartly

Is 2012 ECF Game 6 on youtube?

I am trying to find the full game on youtube. I know it was on before, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have it?

Thanks

snartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Devilsfan992

Quote:
Originally Posted by snartly View Post
I am trying to find the full game on youtube. I know it was on before, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have it?

Thanks
It used to be, not anymore though . I think some of us including myself may have some clips from the series. I haven't watched it yet. It's an .iso file.

Devilsfan992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:53 AM
newjerseydamo

Send a message via MSN to newjerseydamo Send a message via Skype™ to newjerseydamo
It was actually on some questionable sites to download.

I have it as a 720p file in it's entirety. But being in Australia and our internet sucks, good luck distributing it anyway digitally (plus it being illegal!)

newjerseydamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:14 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I believe it should still be on iTunes. It's 2 bucks but it's well worth it.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:14 AM
McOkMcgoMcoil

Elias

Sort of Random post but me and a friend were just talking about what a underrated career Elias has had. Close to 1000 points, won cups. Yet no one talks about him any where close to say Sellane or some one like that. Not to compare him, just saying, he just isn't mentioned in that group.

Any word on his retirement, how many more years you think he has left. He looks like a guy who could play until he is 42. Cheers.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:19 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

he's good at ice hockey, no question.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

He signed a 3 year deal last summer so he has 2 years left at $5.5 million per year. I think he has a chance to even sign another deal after that, he hasn't really shown signs of regression. His play, like Selanne, is not based on speed but based on smarts.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Devils86

I think when all is said and done he will be a cusp HOF player...he may be the most under appreciated player in the league. His strip of McGillis in the SCCF still one of the best goals ever.

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
NC107*

He has been a silent strong hockey player with lots of hockey smarts. He has been hurt more lately as he ages. I personally feel he will continue to play for the Devils until his health and age tells him it is time to retire. I could see him as a coach with the Devils.

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
He hasnt showed any signs of slowing down at all

Doesnt rely on speed at all. The guy basically helped David Clarkson get his contract.... He deserves 75% of it

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
NC107*

So much power, so little .............

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 04:03 PM
dkhockey

Anyone else saw Kovalchuk at the Nets game may 12 ?

Saw him on TV, front row....i could not belive my eyes ! did not think he would show his face here again !

dkhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote