HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Was At The Rangers Leafs Game This Week?

Old
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
nickrOck

vCash: 500
nevermind the toronto fans, there was practically an entire section of wings fans in the 300's tonite..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Yeah...yeesh...Detroit invaded the building tonight

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:59 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
are you just ignoring everyones post that doesn't cator to whatever it is you're trying to prove?

there is absolutely no way that many fans of those teams are in attendance
No, I'm not ignorant to everybody who doesn't cator to my preconceived notion.

I go by relative audio.
I've been in BOS and WSH to see the Rangers.
When I would go to see them at WSH the Rangers would have anywhere from 1/2 to 60% and they would have in BOS 1/4 to 1/3 of the fans.
When the Rangers scored it was LOUD.

I thought TWO things.
1) That the Rangers were a proud fanbase with dedication, and this road support was indictive of this, I thought being a long, proud dedicated fanbase this NEVER could happen to us at our building.

2) However when I hear home games again NYI, PHI, NJ, TOR, BUF, DET it sounds comparable to the cheering that goes on for us at road venues such as BOS and WSH, if I am to believe that MSG isn't 25% pro Flyer most games, or 15% pro TOR, DET, or BUF, than obviously I must be wrong that BOS and WSH were so in favor of the Rangers when I've been just by comparing the audio.

It's like seeing somebody 6 5 and 6 2 and then saying no way the 6 2 person is over 6 feet tall even thought you know what tall is.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker View Post
No, I'm not ignorant to everybody who doesn't cator to my preconceived notion.

I go by relative audio.
I've been in BOS and WSH to see the Rangers.
When I would go to see them at WSH the Rangers would have anywhere from 1/2 to 60% and they would have in BOS 1/4 to 1/3 of the fans.
When the Rangers scored it was LOUD.

I thought TWO things.
1) That the Rangers were a proud fanbase with dedication, and this road support was indictive of this, I thought being a long, proud dedicated fanbase this NEVER could happen to us at our building.

2) However when I hear home games again NYI, PHI, NJ, TOR, BUF, DET it sounds comparable to the cheering that goes on for us at road venues such as BOS and WSH, if I am to believe that MSG isn't 25% pro Flyer most games, or 15% pro TOR, DET, or BUF, than obviously I must be wrong that BOS and WSH were so in favor of the Rangers when I've been just by comparing the audio.

It's like seeing somebody 6 5 and 6 2 and then saying no way the 6 2 person is over 6 feet tall even thought you know what tall is.
i don't think that your method is a very good way of judging things.. for starters the building for whatever reason has been very flat this year, as said before and it certainly was against toronto, the second thing is most loud ranger fans are up in the nose bleeds.. unlikely microphones can pick up on that while most of the toronto fans were down by the ice

usually during flyers/devils/ and esp isles, you'll see maybe 2-3 sections up top that are almost completely filled with their fans and then you'll see a decent amount scattered down below.. but it's never so much that you would think it takes a significant % of the fans in attendance

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Yeah...yeesh...Detroit invaded the building tonight
Dang, so there were a ton of Wings fans?
Was it comparable to TOR or more?
What %, thanks.

Old
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker View Post
Dang, so there were a ton of Wings fans?
Was it comparable to TOR or more?
What %, thanks.
Probably more...duno percentage

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I guess I'm partly to blame for the number of Wings fans last night since my friend went to the game with me, lol, but yeah it was pretty amazing. Some people were actually chanting 'Lets go Redwings' as we left the arena.

Off topic, but if you want to see visiting fans invade the Garden, come to a St. Johns game against any big-time opponent. I was there last week against Georgetown and it was like a home game for them. When it was a blowout late and the coach took their players out, they received a standing ovation.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I guess I'm partly to blame for the number of Wings fans last night since my friend went to the game with me, lol, but yeah it was pretty amazing. Some people were actually chanting 'Lets go Redwings' as we left the arena.

Off topic, but if you want to see visiting fans invade the Garden, come to a St. Johns game against any big-time opponent. I was there last week against Georgetown and it was like a home game for them. When it was a blowout late and the coach took their players out, they received a standing ovation.
What would you say the amount or percent was?