HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if...

Old
02-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
What if...

If we don't make the playoffs, I honestly don't know how I'll keep going. Seriously. The idea of the Habs not in the playoffs has never crossed my mind. I can't fathom the idea of not having Les Boys in there come April.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
mtl_felix

that would just be atrocious, for me.. at least

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Charge_Seven

Looking at the standings it's possible that any team in the bottom 5 playoff teams, or top 4 non playoff teams at the moment who goes on an even minor losing streak (say 3-5 games) could put themselves out of contention. 4 points seperating 9th from 5th. It's going to be a heck of a finish.

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
deandebean

Bob will leave. Or he'll be fired.

Pierre Gauthier is the Habs' next GM.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

It is very possible, but I don't even want to think about it.

I couldn't handle it, bringing up the playoffs, anyone know where I can find a video of Zednik's goal in game 7 against boston in 04?

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

Pierre Gauthier or Denis Gauthier ?

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Pierre Gauthier or Denis Gauthier ?
***?

Old
02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

care to elaborate?

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

The team sucks big time right now...

I don't even care if we'll make playoff or not, let play the kids and see what they can do would be really great for me.

First, call back Kostsitsyn. I think that everyone will agree on that one. My lineup for thursday:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostsitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Ryder

Then, Bégin is supposed to be back for Saturday. If he can play, I would like to see Gainey put Downey on waivers. I like the guy but he can't play in the NHL anymore. My lineup for saturday:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostsitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Perezhogin
*Ryder bench

For the games to follow, I think that Carbo should bench the player who works the less in the games. Even if his name is Kovalev. He should take about 5-6 games to evaluate Kost and he a decision would have to be make. If he can play on the top two lines like I think he would, Ryder or/and Perezhogin would have to leave. The "and" is if Gainey wants to bring back a veteran forward.

I like the way Carbo is coaching since he gives the ice to the players who are working hard. however, as much as I like Johnson and Streit, their place are not on the first line. That said, Streit on the 3rd could be really interesting.

The way I see it, Carbo could deal with eight potential top 6 guys: Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Plekanec, Latendresse, Ryder, Perezhogin and Kostsitsyn. The six guys who show they want yo play everynight would have their spot on the top two lines. The 7th guy would play with Bégin and Lapierre and the last guy would be bench.

CALL BACK KOST!

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:56 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
care to elaborate?
It is obvious that if the Habs miss the playoffs, Uncle George will be losing very important pesos. And when your GM's plan doesn't come to fruition, like in any business, he goes. It's the nature of the beast.

This team, according the Habs' brass, was prime and ready to make serious noise. If it misses the playoffs, heads are going to roll, starting with Bob.

Pierre Gauthier has been hired first as a pro scout, now as an assistant gm. I'm convinced that he's there to fill the gap when Gainey leaves.

Uncle George could be gracious enough to let Bob fire himself as they say. Pierre is the next in line. No doubt. That's why André Savard left.

Old
02-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

Sure as **** hope not.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Patrick Roy.

I'm sick and tired of seeiing ex-Habs as the GM or Coach. Maybe we can be a winner with out a tie to the organization? Or maybe Timmins should be given a shot, he is young and haas paid his dues and has an eye for talent and being a scout has patience...he might be the logical choice.

I would not be overly surprised to see Bob walk away at the end of the season if we make the playoffs or not. I think his heart is not in it because of his family tragedy.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

If the Habs dont make the playoffs, expects some major changes.. And Im not reffering to management but players movement...

Start with Koivu..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:10 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
care to elaborate?
bob isnt going anywhere. he'll make a contender out of us yet.

nikrag03* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:11 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrag03 View Post
bob isnt going anywhere. he'll make a contender out of us yet.
Something has to happen this week, not the last day of the deadline...it could be too late.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Let's say we fall out of the playoff race by the deadline with an awful record in February which is obviously a possibility, would you like to see Kovalev traded.

I mean, what does he bring to us right now? He's a playoff guy but what will justify his big salary if we don't even make the playoffs.

I wouldn't ask a lot. The fact of getting rid of his 4,5M$ salary would be really great.

If we're out of the playoff race, I would also like Gainey to trade Souray in a deal including Stoll or Lupul.

I don't know what I want to happen now. Gainey has the reputation to trade youth for veteran. I don't know if I want Kost to be traded for a rental. I think that he derserves a shot with us.

I'm kind of mixed up actually. Gainey is able to pull another Théodore but also another Iginla. You will say that they won the Cup with Nieumendyk but IMO, the flames won this trade easily now. I don't want something like that to happen with Kost or another prospect.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

are you guys five years old?
Seems you forget how bad we actually were before the last 3 seasons, and even then we made it by the skin of our teeth. Playoffs were our stanley cup

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
I'm kind of mixed up actually. Gainey is able to pull another Théodore but also another Iginla. You will say that they won the Cup with Nieumendyk but IMO, the flames won this trade easily now. I don't want something like that to happen with Kost or another prospect.

What have the Flames won?

Sure Iginla turned out to be a great Power Forward and a star, but Dallas won the Cup with Joe and that is the bottom line.

A lot of 1st rounders and top picks get traded for players that help win the Cup. Iginla isn't the only prospect to be traded and to turn out to be a star.

Would you rather stay mediocore? Or trade a potential player like a Kosts who could have some star calibre to win a Cup for a player who may have a great career and never win? Dallas doesn't look like they suffered too much after that trade, always a contender afterwards too.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Seems you forget how bad we actually were before the last 3 seasons, and even then we made it by the skin of our teeth. Playoffs were our stanley cup
Something you have to notice... The league improved a big deal, no more easy teams to win against, the parity stronger than ever... The product has never been better than it actually is.. Its not only a matter of new rules, its a matter a teams concept, work ethic and the quality of the kids growing..

Old
02-06-2007, 11:34 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Sure Iginla turned out to be a great Power Forward and a star, but Dallas won the Cup with Joe and that is the bottom line.

A lot of 1st rounders and top picks get traded for players that help win the Cup. Iginla isn't the only prospect to be traded and to turn out to be a star.

Would you rather stay mediocore? Or trade a potential player like a Kosts who could have some star calibre to win a Cup for a player who may have a great career and never win? Dallas doesn't look like they suffered too much after that trade, always a contender afterwards too.
Honestly, you bring good points but I still don't know.

I know the kind of guy Gainey but I'm not thinking the same way. Not that he isn't a great GM but I'm sure he'll bring in a rental or two. I would prefer to see what the kids can do when giving top ice time. Sadly, that's too late. The organisation should have let a real chance to Perezhogin, Kostsitsyn and Grabovski in January. Now, I don't feel we know their real value and we will probably have to trade one of them for a rental.

I don't like it at all.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
The product has never been better than it actually is..
Are you kidding? The product sucks. There's a reason for the empty seats and bad ratings.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
The problem is that teams are getting better and that right now, the team is playing like in the time of the McKay, Juneau, Dackell, Traverse, Dykhuis, etc.

For sure the talent is there but when your top guys are not working, there is obviously a problem.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Do you seriously think the Flames would have done better with Nieuwendyk? At some point, if you dont have the depth to win the cup, dont you think you are better trading for the future? Nieuwendyk was what the Stars were lacking to win the cup, the FLames never came close to have a such team... Can you Imagine the Flames without Iginla right now? To refresh your memory, the Flames were at 1 game to win the Stanley cup before the lock-out..with Iginla!

Old
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Nah! Let's take the Isles system and name our backup goalie as the GM.....by the way, who's the back-up goalie now???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Bill McNeal

http://209.197.106.133/19580222/rock...ree_Fallin.mid

Was a good team, played for Carbo.
They scored goals, and killed penalties too.
Was a good team, was crazy 'bout winning,
Won overtimes, and some shootouts too.

And it's a long night, watching Franky Bouillon,
Getting pinned in, the defensive zone.
And they're a bad group, cuz of a lack of talent.
They're a bad group, Bob get on the phone.

And we're freeeeeeee, free falling!
Yeah we're freeeeeeeeee, free falling!

All the bad teams, coming up behind us.
Move past us, into a playoff spot.
And we've got Sammy, just sitting in the press box,
Saks and Ryder, they aren't playing so hot.

And we're freeeeeeeeee, free falling!
Yeah we're freeeeeeeeeee, free falling!
Free falling, now we're free falling, now we're
Free falling, now we're free falling, now we're

I want a scorer, not named Alexei,
And a team that, knows how to try.
Gonna turn fourth, right into nothing.
Hope that come June, aren't drafting so high.

And we're freeeeeeeee, free falling!
Yeah we're freeeeeeeeee, free falling!

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote