HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sammy wants out of Habland (again)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2007, 05:13 PM
  #51
rec28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to rec28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Question: If you come out of Re-entry waivers is it still half your salary for next year, ie say we picked up Sammy for 1.75, is it still 1.75 or is it back to 3.5 mil next season??
I think the half-price discount applies to the term of the contract...

rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
  #52
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
By backed into a corner, what do you mean? By the EIG's self imposed budget? Otherwise I do not see why we cannot add a D man. I know you work at 1260, maybe you have some inside info that Lowe has officially given up on the season?
Kevin Lowe woudn't tell any media guy that even if it was the case.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
  #53
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
By backed into a corner, what do you mean? By the EIG's self imposed budget? Otherwise I do not see why we cannot add a D man. I know you work at 1260, maybe you have some inside info that Lowe has officially given up on the season?
Jason Jones?

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:04 PM
  #54
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Kevin Lowe woudn't tell any media guy that even if it was the case.
I guess I should have put a in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins
Jason Jones?
Who is that?

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:06 PM
  #55
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I guess I should have put a in there.



Who is that?
The Op who will do Jason Gregor's show in the evening. If you work at the team you'd know him. I used to work at the team, so I'm trying to figure out who you are.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:14 PM
  #56
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The Op who will do Jason Gregor's show in the evening. If you work at the team you'd know him. I used to work at the team, so I'm trying to figure out who you are.
I never said I worked at the Team I said Squeaky Brad did or at least he has told us he does and Guy back him up.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
  #57
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I never said I worked at the Team I said Squeaky Brad did or at least he has told us he does and Guy back him up.
Sorry I miss read your quote, my bad. I appologize.

Please don't hold that against me.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
  #58
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,824
vCash: 500
If you're looking to make the play-offs you pick the guy up, especially if Stoll is out for awhile.

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Samsonov-Sykora-Lupul
Torres-Reasoner-Pisani
Winchester-Petersen???-Stortini

Sammy is a guy that can be a play-maker. he could set up Sykora and Lupul for shots, like a lesser Hemmer. IMO he'd fit in perfectly with this teams talent up front. If you're planning on not making the play-offs, then why bother???

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:21 PM
  #59
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If you're looking to make the play-offs you pick the guy up, especially if Stoll is out for awhile.

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Samsonov-Sykora-Lupul
Torres-Reasoner-Pisani
Winchester-Petersen???-Stortini

Sammy is a guy that can be a play-maker. he could set up Sykora and Lupul for shots, like a lesser Hemmer. IMO he'd fit in perfectly with this teams talent up front. If you're planning on not making the play-offs, then why bother???
He's too expensive and on the downside of his career. He proved he wasn't much of a playoff performer last year.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
  #60
rec28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to rec28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
He's too expensive and on the downside of his career. He proved he wasn't much of a playoff performer last year.
Gimme a break - the guy is 28

rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
  #61
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Sorry I miss read your quote, my bad. I appologize.

Please don't hold that against me.
I wouldn't Jimmi, I have been around long enough to know you are one of the good ones.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.