HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BREAKING NEWS: Sean Avery Traded to Rangers!

Old
02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
It all comes down to his approach. If he continues to mature and develop he could be a popular player for a long time.

If he doesn't, he might not last the summer.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Greg in MA

All I'm hoping for is that he doesn't pull a Kasparaitis and turn into a *****.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:56 PM
forboston

does this mean elisha cuthbert sightings at the garden!?!?

forboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
shoothepuck

He's looking good tonight.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
All I'm hoping for is that he doesn't pull a Kasparaitis and turn into a *****.
One thing that helps his cause is age.

That's one thing I like about him right now. He plays his style but is 26 years old.

That's something especially nice about the deal, it isn't for a 32 or 33 year old Sean Avery.

Old
02-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Pizza

I'm glad he had a good first game for us. At least the guy has a pulse. I'll give him that. Still really bummed that we had to give up Cliche. I was really excited with him after his performance at the WJC's. He will do very well for the Kings.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm glad he had a good first game for us. At least the guy has a pulse. I'll give him that. Still really bummed that we had to give up Cliche. I was really excited with him after his performance at the WJC's. He will do very well for the Kings.
EJ Hradek of ESPN the Magazine co-hosts a hockey show on Sirius.Yesterday Hradek said Cliche was an OK prospect after talking with an amateur scout friend(who has seen Cliche play numerous times)of his about the Rangers trade

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Pearl Necklace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
If so go here: http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news...p?idNews=23373

I found this pretty funny lol.

nice....

Pearl Necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post

How is that a sucker punch when Doan is looking right at him saying something? A sucker punch is one from a blindside not one where youre looking at guy yapping at him. Thats a situation that goes back a long way. Didn't start right there.

The Witt one makes me laugh as well. Yeah he speared him. Witt was yapping at him after getting his hand up around Averys face. Im sure Witt has never done anything cheap his in playing career.

Rangers fans get used to it. This is how its always going to be. People making mountains out of molehills with Avery. You'll see how much abuse the guy takes playing his game and not really complaining about it. He definitely takes more than most people like to admit. Sad to see him go hopefully he does well for you guys.

Last edited by kingpest19: 02-07-2007 at 10:54 AM.
kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
How is that a sucker punch when Doan is looking right at him saying something? A sucker punch is one from a blindside not one where youre looking at guy yapping at him. Thats a situation that goes back a long way. Didn't start right there.

The Witt one makes me laugh as well. Yeah he speared him. Witt was yapping at him after getting his hand up around Averys face. Im sure Witt has never done anything cheap his in playing career.

Rangers fans get used to it. This is how its always going to be. People making mountains out of molehills with Avery. You'll see how much abuse the guy takes playing his game and not really complaining about it. He definitely takes more than most people like to admit. Sad to see him go hopefully he does well for you guys.
A sucker punch doesn't have to be blindsided. I always understood it to just be unexpected. And since I didn't see Doan talking at all right there, it certainly was unexpected.

Let's face it: Avery's a ****. He's our **** now, so I'm gonna root for him, but as soon as he puts on another jersey I'm gonna go right back to hating his guts.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
clmetsfan

OT somewhat, but still worth it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNUT...elated&search=

Great fight between Laraque and Raitis Ivanans that was linked to the Avery/Doan one. Wait til the end: Georges is mike'd for the game, and there is an absolutely priceless exchange between the two before they square off.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
A sucker punch doesn't have to be blindsided. I always understood it to just be unexpected. And since I didn't see Doan talking at all right there, it certainly was unexpected.

Let's face it: Avery's a ****. He's our **** now, so I'm gonna root for him, but as soon as he puts on another jersey I'm gonna go right back to hating his guts.
If you think Doan wasn't expecting a punch right there I dont know what to say. It was a hard fought game between two rivals. Theres bad blood between the 2 players as is. And if you think Doan wasn't saying anything well you dont the story between the 2. Anytime they are within speaking distance of each other somethign gets said. Happens every game with these 2.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
If you think Doan wasn't expecting a punch right there I dont know what to say. It was a hard fought game between two rivals. Theres bad blood between the 2 players as is. And if you think Doan wasn't saying anything well you dont the story between the 2. Anytime they are within speaking distance of each other somethign gets said. Happens every game with these 2.
I know about the history, but I guarantee you Doan wasn't expecting that punch. Don't you think he might have braced himself a little for it if he did?

Old
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I know about the history, but I guarantee you Doan wasn't expecting that punch. Don't you think he might have braced himself a little for it if he did?
After how many run-ins theyve had the last 2 seasons Im sure Doan isnt thinking hes not going to do anything. Almost every game played in the last 2 seasons theres been a incident with these 2. Especially after the type of game this was Doan was prepared for anything that was going to happen then.

Old
02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9kx-U_ka8

I just found this video of Avery on Youtube....thought it was pretty cool, enjoy it

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
HenrikO'doyle

So far from the very little Ive seen of Aver he seems to be similar to Barnaby, he has passion, hes tough and he loves being a ranger-so far. Lets hope he keeps his head in it and gives us a Barnaby type play. He talks, frustrates guys, plays chippy and sometimes dirty and he can be a factor on offense. All things Barnaby did, as long as Avery doesnt become a cancer in the locker room I am very happy to have him on our team, Id take him over the Marcel Hossa's any day.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:49 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

So did anyone ever found out if hes a UFA or a RFA this june? I asked this 2 days ago and TSN had down in one area he is a UFA and another area (on their site) that hes a RFA....Im sure its in the thread somewhere but I don't want to read through 15 pages. Thanks

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So did anyone ever found out if hes a UFA or a RFA this june? I asked this 2 days ago and TSN had down in one area he is a UFA and another area (on their site) that hes a RFA....Im sure its in the thread somewhere but I don't want to read through 15 pages. Thanks
RFA.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
RFA.
Thanks BN.

Hope he plays like he did yesterday night for the rest of the season (or close)..could turn into a very good trade for us.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
I belive I read on TSN that he is a RFA, but Sam seems to think that he will resign with the Rangers:
Quote:
Indeed, when it comes to joining the Rangers, Avery sounded delighted, already indicating that he wants to re-sign once the season is over. Perhaps he’ll decide otherwise once he’s actually played here.

“This is where I wanted to go. If I was leaving, this was the spot. It was pretty exciting this morning even putting on the practice jersey,” he said. “I wanted to play in a big market but New Yorkers are a little more passionate about their sports. And Madison Square Garden is center stage as far as I’m concerned. If you can play anywhere, that’s the place.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Thanks BN.

Hope he plays like he did yesterday night for the rest of the season (or close)..could turn into a very good trade for us.
No problemo.

I think he will. He can put up some points & has intangibles the other 3rd and 4th liners were lacking.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 05:09 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

if he continues to play like he did yesterday, im sure he wants to stay in nyc, and we will give him a extension

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Edge

Quote:
The funny thing with Avery is that if he could get his head consistently into the game and leave it on the ice, there's no way in hell we would've gotten him.

With Avery it really is a matter of maturing. The guy can piss people off and he can play.

The only thing that has REALLY hurt him is the situations he's put himself into. If he can leave that behind, which in LA it looked like he was doing than it really could be a very good trade.

Old
02-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The funny thing with Avery is that if he could get his head consistently into the game and leave it on the ice, there's no way in hell we would've gotten him.

With Avery it really is a matter of maturing. The guy can piss people off and he can play.

The only thing that has REALLY hurt him is the situations he's put himself into. If he can leave that behind, which in LA it looked like he was doing than it really could be a very good trade.
Thats a great argument for bringing Shanny back next year.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
RFA.
And I assume it makes him a Group II RFA? Rangerboy?