HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines with Avery?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2007, 09:55 AM
  #1
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1140
Lines with Avery?

First off, no one should Cullen or Nylander be in our first 3 shootout lineup. It should have been:
Straka
Shanahan
Prucha (or Jagr with his silly injury)

Next, the lines I want to see with Avery. Cullen was horrible on that line with Avery and Shany...anytime we had a good chance to score, Cullen ****ed it up! So I think we need to keep the COP line so that we have 3 good lines that can score:

Jagr - Nylander - Straka
Hossa - Avery - Shanahan
Prucha - Cullen - Ortmayer
Hollweg - Betts - Krog


Hossa is good at controlling the puck down low, so is Avery...that would give time for Shany to get open for a shot! Cullen actually had chemistry with Ortmayer and Prucha, so keep them together!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
  #2
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
Jagr's not very good...

on the shootout.

Nylander's actually quite good.

Renney picked the three that won it for him last time - I did have some issues with the Cullen choice, however, and the fact that Renney often justifies his decision making based on things that happened a while ago, even though things have changed since.

As for the lines...I just can't do it anymore, at least for now...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:04 AM
  #3
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
I actually like the idea of having Avery center Jagr and Shanny, which would cut down on the abuse that Jagr takes and allow Nylander and Straka to skate with Cullen or Prucha, giving us two solid scoring lines.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
  #4
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1140
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I actually like the idea of having Avery center Jagr and Shanny, which would cut down on the abuse that Jagr takes and allow Nylander and Straka to skate with Cullen or Prucha, giving us two solid scoring lines.
Problem is that the only line that works for us always is the nylander, jagr, straka line.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:09 AM
  #5
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Problem is that the only line that works for us always is the nylander, jagr, straka line.
That's true, but it couldn't hurt to experiment. It's not as if we're tearing up the league right now.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
  #6
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
No Nylander in the top 3 in the shootout?

Have you watched what hes done this year?

Hes one of the most skilled puckhandlers in the NHL.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
  #7
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Oh yeah, the lines

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
? - ? - Shanahan
Prucha - Cullen - Avery
Ortmeyer - Betts - Hossa

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:36 AM
  #8
Garv23
Registered User
 
Garv23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rockland, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
I liked how Avery set up Shanny a few times. Good crisp passes on the tape which is what Shanny needs. I don't like Ortmeyer on the 4th line. Keep that cop line together. Why mess up a good thing?

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
  #9
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 500
There's nothing wrong with putting Nylander in the shootout lineup. He's been one of our best at shootout chances the last two seasons.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
  #10
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,894
vCash: 500
Avery and Shanahan have a good chemistry, id keep em together.

here would be my lines, though i wouldnt be opposed to what Renney did last time, constantly changing up the lines. I think thats pretty damn inventive, and really makes it hard to defend any 1 style of play.

Straka Nylander Jagr

Shanahan Avery Hossa (Hossas growing on me, im starting to see things in his game that i didnt notice before)

Prucha Cullen Ortmeyer

Hollweg Betts Hall

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:49 AM
  #11
kasparaitis666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jeresy
Country: United States
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post

Jagr - Nylander - Straka
Hossa - Avery - Shanahan
Prucha - Cullen - Ortmayer
Hollweg - Betts - Krog

I love it, I thought that Hossa played quite well last night,he would fit the second line good. This setup gives us scoring depth from all 3 lines which I have been begging for since the begining of the season

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:53 AM
  #12
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
I love it, I thought that Hossa played quite well last night,he would fit the second line good. This setup gives us scoring depth from all 3 lines which I have been begging for since the begining of the season
I hate Jason Krog.

hes worthless.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
  #13
kasparaitis666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jeresy
Country: United States
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I hate Jason Krog.

hes worthless.
Yeah I havnt followed him that closely, last night was the first game in a while that I got to watch. We dont have many options for that 4 line winger spot tho Hall, Orr, or someone from hartford.

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
  #14
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I hate Jason Krog.

hes worthless.
I agree wholeheartedly...ALmost hate him as much as Colton Orr...

But Krog seems to have taken over Hossa's role from last year....A coaches pet who's play adds nothing to the team but he plays anyway...

I hinestly think you will be seeing Hollweg included in a deal before the deadline...ANd it will probably be good for him...DOn't think he's a match for the way Renney is caoching now and the type of lines he pulls out of his arse!

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
  #15
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
First off, no one should Cullen or Nylander be in our first 3 shootout lineup. It should have been:
Straka
Shanahan
Prucha (or Jagr with his silly injury)

Next, the lines I want to see with Avery. Cullen was horrible on that line with Avery and Shany...anytime we had a good chance to score, Cullen ****ed it up! So I think we need to keep the COP line so that we have 3 good lines that can score:

Jagr - Nylander - Straka
Hossa - Avery - Shanahan
Prucha - Cullen - Ortmayer
Hollweg - Betts - Krog


Hossa is good at controlling the puck down low, so is Avery...that would give time for Shany to get open for a shot! Cullen actually had chemistry with Ortmayer and Prucha, so keep them together!
Nylander is great in SO's. Keep him as #1. He has Marty beat, he just couldnt lift the puck up

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
  #16
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
Krog's on this team...

solely because he's a good skater...it doesn't matter that that's all he can do well, but that's why he's here.

I still get a chuckle out of hearing him proclaim Krog to be a good option at the second line center position because he was there before (between Hossa and [Kozlov?} in Atlanta) and that he was excited about the depth at the position.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:13 PM
  #17
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Shanahan Avery Hossa (Hossas growing on me, im starting to see things in his game
Thats because he has gotten better. Looks more confident with the puck.

Hossa has been one of the better forwards this year and he's certainly the most improved.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
  #18
BRONX_MADNESS*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
hossa is brutal krog's skill level is much higher than Hossa's, look at hossa's point total I don't care if he can control the puck low he can do *$%# else. Krog is a much better option at line 2

BRONX_MADNESS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
  #19
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Avery and Shanahan have a good chemistry, id keep em together.

here would be my lines, though i wouldnt be opposed to what Renney did last time, constantly changing up the lines. I think thats pretty damn inventive, and really makes it hard to defend any 1 style of play.

Straka Nylander Jagr

Shanahan Avery Hossa (Hossas growing on me, im starting to see things in his game that i didnt notice before)

Prucha Cullen Ortmeyer

Hollweg Betts Hall


I like those lines as well, Hossa looks like he is taking puck possetion lessons from Jag's.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
  #20
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Problem is that the only line that works for us always is the nylander, jagr, straka line.
apparently not anymore... teams have figured them and constantly pressure them by pushing them back with strong forechecking

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
  #21
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Thats because he has gotten better. Looks more confident with the puck.

Hossa has been one of the better forwards this year and he's certainly the most improved.

Agreed, with his limited ice time he is usually doing something good. And when he is given 2nd line minutes he hasn't disappointed either.

Though Tyutin has been the most improved since last year IMO but i'm not sure if you meant most improved forward.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
  #22
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Avery - Shanny
Hossa - Cullen - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Orty

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
  #23
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Avery - Shanny
Hossa - Cullen - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Orty
I have to agree that Hossa, recently has been impressive and I would switch him with Prucha in this case. Again, giving us a high energy line with Callahan in instead of Ortmeyer on the 3rd line. And hey, we'd be one C off from a CCCP line

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
  #24
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
HERE IT GOES:

Avery-Straka-Jagr
Prucha-Nylander-Shanahan
Hossa-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:04 PM
  #25
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Shanahan-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Straka-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Krog-Ortmeyer

I think it's time to put Shanny and Jagr together at even strength. Both are struggling, maybe they can pull each other out of their slumps and start producing for this team. I'd like to see Avery-Cullen-Prucha together. As much as I like Straka, they should move him to the 3rd line to spread the scoring out. Maybe Straka and Hossa could play well together.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.