HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I just don't get it

Old
02-07-2007, 05:55 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Our problem definitely is offense and when we have two offensive weapons not being used, it's a sin. Samsonov is gone, so let's not worry about him.

Kostitsyn and Perezhogin, both cost a little more than Downey and Murray and both bring a hell of a lot more to the table. We should be using these kids to get some offense. Of course, Carbonneau is more worried about not losing than winning and I think that's where our philosophy is flawed.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Maitz
Chucky#27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Well, other than the lines, one thing I don't understand is this:

So the team's in a funk right now, and has been for a little over a month. The team's been craving offense. And the organization's pretty happy, it seems, about the prospect pool.

So why not bring up some youngsters who'll inject some enthusiasm, skating, and live legs? I'm not on the bandwagon to bring up youth for the sake of it, or to think youngsters are saviors, but I do believe youngsters bring live legs for short stretches when they're first called up. That's something Montreal could've used a month ago, and can still use today.

That's what I don't get.
thats exactly my point of view ! I prefer to see a prospect giving everything he have instead of a plumber . We dont win with Murray and Downey and we're not gonna win with them

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote