HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

GDT 2/6- Sabres @ Thrashers 7:00 PM

Old
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
rhythm

vCash: 500
Sutton looks terrible. His half-hearted attempts to clear the zone are really getting on my nerves.

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
That was a wicked smack by Mellanby.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Whaddagoal

Please take Sutton off the ice, another give-away...

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Briere has just been an embarassment in this OT. First he fell over on a break to draw a call....then wobbles all over the place after DeVries jumped outside to inside looking for a call.

Nice save by Miller on Kozlov at the end.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Whaddagoal

Don't worry, Kozlov was just warming up.. its all part of his shootout plan...

EDIT: Or not....

Last edited by Whaddagoal: 02-06-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:44 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

This one is over

A point is better than nothing.

Before we start getting happy about the Thrashers PP getting a goal, I think the main reason it is such a disaster is because we keep trying to set up Scott Mellanby in front in the first place.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Had Sutton not skated away we would've won that game. Overall, we played well, and Hossa was extremely strong on the puck. On the opposite side of the spectrum, our PK is disgusting. We should've had the win there.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
This one is over

A point is better than nothing.

Before we start getting happy about the Thrashers PP getting a goal, I think the main reason it is such a disaster is because we keep trying to set up Scott Mellanby in front in the first place.
i think the same reason the atl PP has had trouble is the same reason the Buffalo PP has had trouble all season. Too many players try to make moves at the blueline and they get stood up. Kolvachuk is a great player but I saw him lose the puck 2 stright times on the blueline on the PP, i just think if you guys would dump and chase your PP would be much more successful.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Oster

Send a message via AIM to Oster
Figured this one would come down to OT or a SO, was a good game even though we didn't get the 2nd point. I love watching these two teams play, always entertaining.

Refs were horrible, both ways, nuff said there.

Mell's PPG was great, 2nd time this season he's done that shot in mid air and it's worked both times.

Overall not a bad game, both the PK and the PP sucked it up but that's to be expected I guess.

Oster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Personally, I think that before we start worrying about a PPQB, we need someone better for the PK, Sutton hasn't helped it at all.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
cosape

C'mon Hartley DeVries no 1 in TOI. What is going on? Ok, rest of the defence doesn't perform so well either maybe excluding Havelid.

Kapanen, Slater and Haydar created some plays but only 7 minutes ice time today. And Metro was suffering with the same lack of support from wingers than Kapanen has been suffering with Slava and Marian.

Let's check next if we can find some gold from west.

cosape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Briere

I thought both teams played a great game tonight, despite the horrid officiating (both ways). I am however, very angry at three things.

1.) The four Buffalo fans who threw their hats out onto the ice when Briere scored on the shootout.
2.) When Briere was awarded the First Star, he skated across the ice and went into the penalty box to give his stick to a Buffalo fan. He then waved as if to a home crowd to the many many Buffalo fans in the arena (many transplanted Buffalonians in ATL, and they bused at least four coaches of fans in).
3.) Most Buffalo fans were enthusiastic and well behaved. However, there was an unusually high number of severely drunk Sabres fans tonight who loitered in the lobby to act like fools with other drunk Sabres fans. I got not bumped into but pushed away twice by drunks. Again the vast majority by a mile were great fans, but there is a really really bad contingent amongst them - the worst I've seen in Philips.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum
2.) When Briere was awarded the First Star, he skated across the ice and went into the penalty box to give his stick to a Buffalo fan. He then waved as if to a home crowd to the many many Buffalo fans in the arena (many transplanted Buffalonians in ATL, and they bused at least four coaches of fans in).
Why, exactly, does this make you angry? Most Atlanta fans will be heading to the exits at this time anyway, and he made some Buffalo fan's night

and if there were "many, many" fans (enough for the teams to notice, obivously), why shouldn't he acknowledge them?

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Magnus Fulgur

^ Man, put the shoe on the other foot. There will never EVER be many Georgians living in Buffalo, but if there were and Kovalchuk did this in your barn you would not be amused. Think about it. It's an unusual gesture.

Old
02-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
^ Man, put the shoe on the other foot. There will never EVER be many Georgians living in Buffalo, but if there were and Kovalchuk did this in your barn you would not be amused. Think about it. It's an unusual gesture.
Unusual but not exactly something earth shattering. I'm sure Briere was just grateful that there was that many fans in ATL that appreciated the Sabres and his effort tonight. Many of the previous away games where a decent amount of Sabre fans attended didn't result in a W. I'm positive it was no slight against the Thrashers in their house, but an appreciation of the Sabre fans willing to come watch them play all the way down in Atlanta, especially during our slump.

And if Kovy did something like that in Buffalo, that's one lucky fan. I, on the other hand would already be heading out of the arena to my car.

Anyways, good game!

Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I can respect his acknowledging the Buffalo supporters. The stick giveaway was really not on...so waving to the fans after the stick giveaway made the waving worse than it really was.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:40 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
And if Kovy did something like that in Buffalo, that's one lucky fan. I, on the other hand would already be heading out of the arena to my car.
Exactly...after a loss, I probably wouldn't even see it

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:58 PM
willy0314

We know how you feel, as sabre fans we have to deal with fans from Pittsburg, Ottawa, Toronto, and habs fans invading the HSBC. I kind of sucks up here when half the building is leaf fans who bought tickets the day they went on sale or overpaid for them on the internet, just to road trip down and get blasted here.

willy0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
May Day 10

Man, I really heart Kovalchuk. This guy is the real deal and I like how he has been swept under the carpet somewhat by Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Staals, etc... i saw him in buffalo earlier in the season and when he gets the puck with some open ice he really turns up the jets and looks unstoppable.

Nice crowd last night too. on my sabres fan board you are getting props for the crowd and the spontaneous chants during the game. You just have to devise a way to beat the traffic and get there on time.

May Day 10 is offline   Reply With Quote