HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streit on 1st line-***?!

Old
02-06-2007, 06:27 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Streit is a natural to play forward. What a great find, albeit not what we expected!

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
I love Streit, but who ever said that Koivu's line was the 1st line?
Well Koivu is the Habs #1 centre and usually the #1 centre plays on the first line.Problem is the first line is not playing like a first line with Koivu on it right now.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Habitants

i love what streit said in his interview last night
"i go out and work hard and try to SCORE EVERY night!"

thats what i want to hear! hard working players who dont go out just to play, but TRY to score every night!

maybe he is not a top line player, but at least he gives a good effort and he deserves to be rewarded for that. and this is what carbo is trying to show by having him on the top line.

2 games is enough though, i think he should go back down to the 3rd/4th line scratch downey and put perz in!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i love what streit said in his interview last night
"i go out and work hard and try to SCORE EVERY night!"

thats what i want to hear! hard working players who dont go out just to play, but TRY to score every night!

maybe he is not a top line player, but at least he gives a good effort and he deserves to be rewarded for that. and this is what carbo is trying to show by having him on the top line.

2 games is enough though, i think he should go back down to the 3rd/4th line scratch downey and put perz in!
I like Streit, good hard working player that doesn't whine, he's just happy to be a HAB. But I agree, for this team to be a playoff team, Streit can't be on your top line. I'd love to see Perez,Koivu/Kovy back together again.

02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I like Streit, good hard working player that doesn't whine, he's just happy to be a HAB. But I agree, for this team to be a playoff team, Streit can't be on your top line. I'd love to see Perez,Koivu/Kovy back together again.
I completely agree. I like Streit a lot (though I think he's better on defense) but having him on our first line gives us the worst first line in the NHL. I can understand why we used the Streit-Koivu-Johnson line for one game to send a message and reward effort, but using it for two games is foolish and anything further is pure stupidity.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote