HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Barry Melrose rocks!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 04:54 AM
Street Hawk

vCash: 500
Hockey needs better tv people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
Melrose is alright, pretty funny and he knows hockey. I can't stand Panger. He's just an obnoxious little twit to me. Levy is good, I like his voice. I actually like Thorne, because of his voice, but he makes some embarassing gaffes. Clement clement, hands of cement. I can take him or leave him. Engblom is kind of goofy. Don't have an opinion either way on him. I don't really like Buccigross. Ray Ferraro is pretty okay.
After reading those names you just listed, I'm amazed that the ratings for hockey aren't lower in the US. Who even knows any of those guys? Melrose (a guy who only had 1 tenure as coach in the NHL. If he didn't have Gretzky, no way he'd be on tv.) Pang, only thing he's known for is being the shortest goalie in NHL. Engblom, long career, but nothing to get excited about is there? Clement was before my time, so can't comment on him.

Comparing those guys to the Fox Crew that does the NFL, and it's not even funny. They have Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw, two Hall of Famers and two household names in football. And Jimmy Johnson, at least he had 2 tenures as head coach, but even if he never coached the Dolphins, he won 2 Super Bowls.

NHL really needs some tv people that fans can relate/remember. Hopefully, when Roenick calls it a career, he can go to the US Network and bring some actual name recognition to the hockey crew.

Closed Thread