HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Penguins 2/7/14

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Chris Kreider 1 0.89%
Derek Stepan 1 0.89%
Rick Nash 1 0.89%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.79%
Brad Richards 12 10.71%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Benoit Pouliot 96 85.71%
Derrick Brassard 21 18.75%
Mats Zuccarello 69 61.61%
Brian Boyle 1 0.89%
Dominic Moore 0 0%
Daniel Carcillo 1 0.89%
Ryan McDonagh 8 7.14%
Dan Girardi 59 52.68%
Marc Staal 29 25.89%
Anton Stralman 4 3.57%
John More 0 0%
Kevin Klein 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 18 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Marc Staal was just incredible tonight.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
He seems to have his best games against Washington and Pittsburgh. He plays better with an edge, and Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby (to a lesser extent) bring that out in him.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:42 PM
JPP4121

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I agree. IMO he's a dirty player. I know a lot of people don't like Crosby but Crosby is not nearly as cheap as Malkin is.

Might as well say--for all the Rangers posters here *****ing about Thornton's attack on Orpik earlier this season--we had a really high head shot by Orpik on Carcillo in the 2nd and later on a knee on knee hit by Orpik on Nash or at least an attempt at one. He's a dirty player as well IMO.
Crosby is a whiner, Malkin is DIRTY.

Since the time he entered the league he has acted with no regard to his opponent, he treats other players like garbage or dummies. He's the biggest beast in the NHL no doubt at all about it. When he wants to he can take a guy out, and he seems to get a kick out of doing now and then. Play him tough and in your face and your likely to see it, like instead of matching that play legitly and sportsmanly-like, you gotta watch out for big ole slew-foot

JPP4121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:43 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
How nice is it to have 2 shutdown pairs when playing a team like this?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Great defensive effort all night. Entire top-4 played rock solid hockey.

That game really reminded me why I hate the Pens.

And lastly, it really sickens me to see the Rangers stoop to their level. The flop by Brassard was terrible. I can't root for that ****. If I wanted to watch soccer I'd watch soccer.
The refs were entirely to blame for all the diving tonight. For example, on the Rangers forecheck immediately before the McDonagh penalty, Zuccarello was pinned to the boards by Orpik away from the puck and no call. Players start wondering what they have to do to get the refs to call the plays that actually are penalties, so they start embellishing. Those "veteran" refs lost control of that aspect of the game.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:45 PM
fenkis05

testing..

fenkis05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:45 PM
lbrowne

I'd love to see Orpik get knocked out again. For years I've hated his ability to take advantage of opponents with no repercussion. I have no idea how he dodges it.

The fact that he has an absolute glass jaw and can't fight, I don't know how heavier forwards don't take advantage. If I was Kreider I would have been a scud missile on him all night.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:47 PM
fenkis05

Testing still no pic?

fenkis05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
And I know they don't score too much but I'm really bothered by the notion of breaking up our top 4 on defense. They've been incredible, for quite some time.

Just noticed, all of them are now plus players. Feels like yesterday they were all something like -49.

02-07-2014, 11:49 PM
ltsthinaz

I'll take the two points. They were well-deserved.

Pittsburgh announcers are some of the biggest homers in the league - I think they're the only ones who says "we scored". Usually they piss me off something fierce. Even they had to give props to the Rangers tonight. And imagine, we played without Nash (oh, he played, didn't notice).

Don't want to eat my words, but we are a good team, and a hell of a lot more fun to watch than under Torts, which was like watching the old NJ Devils without the wins.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:50 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
And I know the don't score too much but I'm really bothered by the notion of breaking up our top 4 on defense. They've been incredible, for quite some time.
Trade Callahan if he doesn't get reasonable, but they need to re-sign Girardi, even if they over-pay a little. Guys who play 20+ minutes a night, don't miss time and have great chemistry with your best player (McD) are worth at least what he's asking.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:51 PM
McRanger

How are Pens fans not mortified by their teams constant diving? I cringe and feel embarrassed for the team when Callahan does it a handful of times a year. How can they be ok with an entire team doing it all game long?

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
How are Pens fans not mortified by their teams constant diving? I cringe and feel embarrassed for the team when Callahan does it a handful of times a year. How can they be ok with an entire team doing it all game long?
Brassard is a very frequent diver and it really annoys me.

I'd be sick if I was a Pens fan, but then again, I probably wouldn't be because they win all the time.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
JPP4121

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
More I watch Kevin Klein more I think that trade was not that good. His skating is much worse than Del Zotto's.
And people talked about insurance if Girardi leaves. Havent seen even a little potential to that. Sign G faster and let Cally walk or go via trade.
I think Klein is adjusting to playing man to man just like the other guys were. I like how he plays it in a lot of situations, like that he is a righty, think he does have some snarl. Think he should be solid. I always liked Del Zotto the player, I don't know what he was like off the rink, but I've seen him play some awesome hockey at times. He'll be a good player wherever he goes. Wish him all the luck in the world.

Being said, John Moore has been playing fast and is confident and aggressive in his decision making since moving over to the left side. I think the pair will be a + for the rangers come crunch time.

JPP4121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
More I watch Kevin Klein more I think that trade was not that good. His skating is much worse than Del Zotto's.
And people talked about insurance if Girardi leaves. Havent seen even a little potential to that. Sign G faster and let Cally walk or go via trade.
Erm, no. That's definitely an exaggeration.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:09 AM
SnowblindNYR

What's up with this team shooting like mad men every game? I feel like I'm confident they'll get at least 30 in each game. 40 in 2 games out of 3.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:11 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Browsing the standings and just saw the Rangers are tied for the most wins on the road in the NHL with 18.

02-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
What's up with this team shooting like mad men every game? I feel like I'm confident they'll get at least 30 in each game. 40 in 2 games out of 3.
it seemed like we outposessed the puck by a pretty wide margin (no stats to back that up) against the pens...therefore, more shots.

we were the better team imho...they had the better players.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:14 AM
ltrangerfan

Random thoughts on tonight's game.

The Rangers dominated on 5 on 5 play . So much so, that I had the feeling that the Pens were on vacation already with little to prove while the Rangers were looking to make amends for last night's loss. The next meeting between the two teams might see a more aggressive Pens team then we saw tonight. With that said, a win is a win. Take the two points and move on.

The D looked great most of the game. Anyone wish to fool around with the blocks and move G at the deadline? The way I see it this team is still a Goalie/ D team first.

The offense still struggles. I don't see the Rangers scoring 2 PP goals per night. If Nash slumps where is the 5 on 5 offense going to come from? Perhaps the Brassard line? My point, the team always needs a "hot line" which carry the team or the team will slump. There really isn't enough consistent offense. IMO, this is a steady one or two goal team on a nightly basis (excluding the PP). To win the Rangers need three goals on most nights. Thus, The PP is imperative and imo a bit more offense is needed.

In the meantime, hopefully the team continues it's steady play after the Olympic break.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Pugs35

Nothing sweeter then walking out of that arena after a Rangers win.

Staal, Girardi and McDonagh were all over Crosby and Malkin all night long, that was the most impressive thing for me, seeing it live. 5 on 5 I thought we dominated. Good to see them rewarded.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:16 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
it seemed like we outposessed the puck by a pretty wide margin (no stats to back that up) against the pens...therefore, more shots.

we were the better team imho...they had the better players.
Yeah I know. We get a **** ton of shots every game. We're 3rd in the league, not far from 2nd.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Somebody had already mentioned it, but I keep waiting for Brassard's line to fall apart. They just wont do it.

Not saying I want them to of course, but that's two huge enigmas and Zucc on a line. They're bound to stop some time, right?

Old
02-08-2014, 12:21 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Random thoughts on tonight's game.

The Rangers dominated on 5 on 5 play . So much so, that I had the feeling that the Pens were on vacation already with little to prove while the Rangers were looking to make amends for last night's loss. The next meeting between the two teams might see a more aggressive Pens team then we saw tonight. With that said, a win is a win. Take the two points and move on.

The D looked great most of the game. Anyone wish to fool around with the blocks and move G at the deadline? The way I see it this team is still a Goalie/ D team first.

The offense still struggles. I don't see the Rangers scoring 2 PP goals per night. If Nash slumps where is the 5 on 5 offense going to come from? Perhaps the Brassard line? My point, the team always needs a "hot line" which carry the team or the team will slump. There really isn't enough consistent offense. IMO, this is a steady one or two goal team on a nightly basis (excluding the PP). To win the Rangers need three goals on most nights. Thus, The PP is imperative and imo a bit more offense is needed.

In the meantime, hopefully the team continues it's steady play after the Olympic break.
Jesus, Rangers fans are the ****ing worst. We play one of the best teams in the league in their barn, beat them and outplay them. You make excuses for the Pens and ***** about the offense. The team just had a 4 game stretch where they had 18 even strength goals. They're struggling because they go a couple of games not scoring 5 on 5? The PP is good too, it's not a fluke, you can't take the PP away. This team regularly outpossesses the other team and gets a ton of shots 5 on 5, and oh yeah they won a big game yet all you do is *****.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:23 AM
azaloum90

Thought Hank played a solid game. That last goal was all on Callahan... I don't know why the players decided to overload on that side... Especially Callahan since he's supposed to be the ask right winger... RIGHT SIDE OF THE ICE...

Poo played great though... Love the power play..

Hey did anyone notice that AV actually smiled and laughed after that shootout win?? :p

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Browsing the standings and just saw the Rangers are tied for the most wins on the road in the NHL with 18.
****ing awesome avi yo .