HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Penguins 2/7/14

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Chris Kreider 1 0.89%
Derek Stepan 1 0.89%
Rick Nash 1 0.89%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.79%
Brad Richards 12 10.71%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Benoit Pouliot 96 85.71%
Derrick Brassard 21 18.75%
Mats Zuccarello 69 61.61%
Brian Boyle 1 0.89%
Dominic Moore 0 0%
Daniel Carcillo 1 0.89%
Ryan McDonagh 8 7.14%
Dan Girardi 59 52.68%
Marc Staal 29 25.89%
Anton Stralman 4 3.57%
John More 0 0%
Kevin Klein 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 18 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
  #151
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Might as well say--for all the Rangers posters here *****ing about Thornton's attack on Orpik earlier this season--we had a really high head shot by Orpik on Carcillo in the 2nd and later on a knee on knee hit by Orpik on Nash or at least an attempt at one. He's a dirty player as well IMO.
I, for one, never shed any tears for what Thorton did to Orpik. Orpik is as dirty as it gets. Dirty, dirty player. Same vein as Marchment.

The 'Pens as a whole are dirty. Not nasty dirty like some of the Flyer teams. But dirty and whiny. Cindy truly learned from her mentor, Maryo.

As a person that grew up watching the Patrick division and being a Rangers fan, the Isles will always occupy a special place of hatred in my heart. The Devils are a rivalry, but do not inspire such resentment. The Flyers always are near the top. But, the Pens are right up there.


Last edited by True Blue: 02-08-2014 at 08:26 AM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:27 AM
  #152
Raspewtin
MayDeathNeverStopYou
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I, for one, never shed any tears for what Thorton did to Orpik. Orpik is as dirty as it gets. Dirty, dirty player. Same vein as Marchment.

The 'Pens as a whole are dirty. Not nasty dirty like some of the Flyer teams. But dirty and whiny. Cindy truly learned from her mentor, Maryo.

As a person that grew up watching the Patrick division and being a Rangers fan, the Isles will always occupy a special place of hatred in my heart. The Devils are a rivalry, but do not inspire such resentment. The Flyers always are near the top. But, the Pens are right up there.
Thus far, who has been worse in terms of whining/cheap shots between the two? I'd imagine Mario had more free reign giving he had Kevin Stevens as his body guard.

__________________

Thank you boys
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:41 AM
  #153
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Is anyone else a little worried about Girardi being on the PP over McDonagh and with his success now he'll be there for the foreseeable future. It's like McDonagh got scapegoated for our PP going cold. But it was still good, just not producing, it'll happen to the best of them, happened to Washington earlier this season. McDonagh could have gotten the same 2 points that Girardi got. He's just a better point man. He's a better passer, better stickhandler, better at keeping the puck in the zone. The only thing that Girardi has over him is velocity of shot.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:45 AM
  #154
Raspewtin
MayDeathNeverStopYou
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Is anyone else a little worried about Girardi being on the PP over McDonagh and with his success now he'll be there for the foreseeable future. It's like McDonagh got scapegoated for our PP going cold. But it was still good, just not producing, it'll happen to the best of them, happened to Washington earlier this season. McDonagh could have gotten the same 2 points that Girardi got. He's just a better point man. He's a better passer, better stickhandler, better at keeping the puck in the zone. The only thing that Girardi has over him is velocity of shot.
Not really because I can't imagine Arniel/AV are that stupid. It's become pretty clear that Girardi is horribad on the powerplay, probably just wanted to shake things up. McD should be back on the point next game.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:46 AM
  #155
Mint
Black Messi
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 57
Why is Nash getting crapped on this game? Because he didn't score?

Him and Stepan were flying tonight like they have been the past few weeks.

Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:50 AM
  #156
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Why is Nash getting crapped on this game? Because he didn't score?

Him and Stepan were flying tonight like they have been the past few weeks.
Something about taking 2 selfish penalties against the best PP in the league and one of them turning into a goal. Also if Callahan gets **** on for missing the net, our "superstar goal scorer" needs to be **** on for missing the net 2 feet from the net, then taking a terrible penalty after that. There is literally nothing more inexcusable in hockey than a selfish penalty, when it comes against the Pens it's just that much worse.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:03 AM
  #157
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Something about taking 2 selfish penalties against the best PP in the league and one of them turning into a goal. Also if Callahan gets **** on for missing the net, our "superstar goal scorer" needs to be **** on for missing the net 2 feet from the net, then taking a terrible penalty after that. There is literally nothing more inexcusable in hockey than a selfish penalty, when it comes against the Pens it's just that much worse.
I don't think it is the same posters chastising Callahan for missing and giving Nash credit for creating scoring chances.

I give them both credit, Callahan was one of my three stars in the Oilers loss.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:08 AM
  #158
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I, for one, never shed any tears for what Thorton did to Orpik. Orpik is as dirty as it gets. Dirty, dirty player. Same vein as Marchment.

The 'Pens as a whole are dirty. Not nasty dirty like some of the Flyer teams. But dirty and whiny. Cindy truly learned from her mentor, Maryo.

As a person that grew up watching the Patrick division and being a Rangers fan, the Isles will always occupy a special place of hatred in my heart. The Devils are a rivalry, but do not inspire such resentment. The Flyers always are near the top. But, the Pens are right up there.
The Penguins might be the absolute dirtiest team in the history of the sport.

The Flyers, they'd be nasty, but they'd fight, and they didn't whine about getting hit back. They just knew they were going to kick your ass and they didn't make any excuses for their dirty play.

The Penguins are disgusting. Between Cindy's incessant whiny girlfriend bits with the refs, their broadcasters and all of that bias, NBCs and the NHLs infatuation with them, and tying their ratings horse to the success of the Penguins, it seems like they are allowed to play like street thugs and continually get away with it.

I honestly don't know how the league even allows the Penguin broadcast to go out as the national NHL Network feed. I couldn't stomach it.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:24 AM
  #159
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
The Penguins play like a Brazilian soccer team. They go down before contact, and are the masters of the "clench the stick and fall down" rigor mortis technique.

Also, we should call up the old Zuccarello arguments from last year and this summer. Could be amusing.


Last edited by Fitzy: 02-08-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:31 AM
  #160
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The Penguins play like a Brazilian soccer team. They go down before contact, and are the masters of the "clench the stick and fall down" rigor mortis technique.
I think I remember a penguins player last year lifting a stick of an opponent player and getting himself in the face with his own stick. 2 minutes for high sticking.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:35 AM
  #161
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The Penguins play like a Brazilian soccer team. They go down before contact, and are the masters of the "clench the stick and fall down" rigor mortis technique.

Also, we should call up the old Zuccarello arguments from last year and this summer. Could be amusing.
The title of this video is hilarious.

Take the fall! Act hurt! Get indignant!


silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:44 AM
  #162
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
The Penguins might be the absolute dirtiest team in the history of the sport.

The Flyers, they'd be nasty, but they'd fight, and they didn't whine about getting hit back. They just knew they were going to kick your ass and they didn't make any excuses for their dirty play.

The Penguins are disgusting. Between Cindy's incessant whiny girlfriend bits with the refs, their broadcasters and all of that bias, NBCs and the NHLs infatuation with them, and tying their ratings horse to the success of the Penguins, it seems like they are allowed to play like street thugs and continually get away with it.

I honestly don't know how the league even allows the Penguin broadcast to go out as the national NHL Network feed. I couldn't stomach it.
The funny part is, the Penguins make so much more sense to be cast as the villain instead of the hero from a storytelling perspective. They play dirty and whine, yet everything goes their way - until the playoffs.

The NHL should hitch their wagon to a good, big market team that still makes sense as an underdog for a good story. The Bruins, the Rangers, or the Kings (maybe not big enough market - hockey wise) make a ton of sense. These teams generally outplay their opposition, but manage to lose a lot more games than they deserve. Though the Bruins have managed to win pretty well recently.

Or if they just want a winner that plays good hockey, pick Chicago FFS. They will be a top team for ages with that core.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:48 AM
  #163
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Few thoughts from the game

1. AV got shredded by Bylsma all game on line matches. I cringed every time I saw our 4th line out against the Crosby line

2. The Penguins are a bunch of dirty, whiny *****es

3. Re-sign everyone. If we're going to get anywhere in the playoffs, we need BOTH Stralman and Girardi. They're both simply too good to let go because we have no one to replace them with. Extremely impressed with Stralman's defensive game

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:53 AM
  #164
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
The funny part is, the Penguins make so much more sense to be cast as the villain instead of the hero from a storytelling perspective. They play dirty and whine, yet everything goes their way - until the playoffs.

The NHL should hitch their wagon to a good, big market team that still makes sense as an underdog for a good story. The Bruins, the Rangers, or the Kings (maybe not big enough market - hockey wise) make a ton of sense. These teams generally outplay their opposition, but manage to lose a lot more games than they deserve. Though the Bruins have managed to win pretty well recently.

Or if they just want a winner that plays good hockey, pick Chicago FFS. They will be a top team for ages with that core.
I know you're a proponent of #fancystats but I don't care how good LA's possession stats are they're boring as all hell. As far as I'm concerned their style is what's wrong with hockey. The Rangers don't have elite talent on offense yet somehow manage to play a game that doesn't bore you to tears.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:54 AM
  #165
Raspewtin
MayDeathNeverStopYou
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
Few thoughts from the game

1. AV got shredded by Bylsma all game on line matches. I cringed every time I saw our 4th line out against the Crosby line

2. The Penguins are a bunch of dirty, whiny *****es

3. Re-sign everyone. If we're going to get anywhere in the playoffs, we need BOTH Stralman and Girardi. They're both simply too good to let go because we have no one to replace them with. Extremely impressed with Stralman's defensive game
Well, duh. That tends to happen when you don't have last change.

Moot point, Crosby's line didn't score.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:03 AM
  #166
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
The Jets have been streaking since Maurice came in and changed some things. Included in this was putting Byfuglien up front.
It's working very well for them. I think I will have to agree with Paul Maurice on this one.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:04 AM
  #167
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Well, duh. That tends to happen when you don't have last change.

Moot point, Crosby's line didn't score.
Not to mention when you're a coach who doesn't put much emphasis on line matching.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:18 AM
  #168
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Thus far, who has been worse in terms of whining/cheap shots between the two? I'd imagine Mario had more free reign giving he had Kevin Stevens as his body guard.
Well, Crosby uses the refs, so... fair game

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:19 AM
  #169
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
More I watch Kevin Klein more I think that trade was not that good. His skating is much worse than Del Zotto's.
And people talked about insurance if Girardi leaves. Havent seen even a little potential to that. Sign G faster and let Cally walk or go via trade.
Funny, because it feel the exact opposite. First game after acquisition I said I was unimpressed, but happy he didn't stand out as a detriment. Now I see that he really will never stand out as a detriment, because he's heady, decisive, and plays with grit. DZ's plan seemed to be to try and cripple the opposition by shooting into their shin pads. And a crippled player is 10% less likely to blow by him and score.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:21 AM
  #170
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
The Jets have been streaking since Maurice came in and changed some things. Included in this was putting Byfuglien up front.
It's working very well for them. I think I will have to agree with Paul Maurice on this one.
Claude Noel pulled him up to wing before he was fired. I guess Maurice liked the results and left him there.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:24 AM
  #171
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Funny, because it feel the exact opposite. First game after acquisition I said I was unimpressed, but happy he didn't stand out as a detriment. Now I see that he really will never stand out as a detriment, because he's heady, decisive, and plays with grit. DZ's plan seemed to be to try and cripple the opposition by shooting into their shin pads. And a crippled player is 10% less likely to blow by him and score.
Klein played a goooood game too.

During the 3rd period, he had a man come right on his back as he cycled around Hank in net; Klein successfully kept the puck in front of him, the defender behind him, and his stick in a position where it wasn't checked and he could get a pass off....

I didn't cringe once watching it, because he's that good wit the puck. The guy is a 2nd pairing naturally. I'm glad he's on the 3rd pairing though, because Moore looks absolutely rejuvenated. No more defensive gaffes, no more silly pinches, etc...

Our D needs to STAY the way it is, period

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:49 AM
  #172
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Claude Noel pulled him up to wing before he was fired. I guess Maurice liked the results and left him there.
I think I meant to post this in the Around the NHL thread, LOL.
Since this is pretty OT in this thread, I will just keep it short and say Buff is flexible, and Maurice got them paying attention to the neutral ice more (they seemed to give up an awful lot of ice). Whatever works, I agree.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:01 PM
  #173
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Funny, because it feel the exact opposite. First game after acquisition I said I was unimpressed, but happy he didn't stand out as a detriment. Now I see that he really will never stand out as a detriment, because he's heady, decisive, and plays with grit. DZ's plan seemed to be to try and cripple the opposition by shooting into their shin pads. And a crippled player is 10% less likely to blow by him and score.
I haven't watched many games in full since he's been acquired because of my work schedule, but every time I have, I've noticed Klein in a detrimental light.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:06 PM
  #174
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,441
vCash: 500
Nash was horrible last night. His vision was non-existent and the 2 selfish penalties were only a couple of the three or four that could have been called behind the play. He was a detriment to that line all night, IMO.

The Staal - Stralman pairing was very good. My seats allowed me to watch how they communicated behind the play and those guys really play well together. Coverage on the tying goal was bad, but other than that they had a very solid game.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 12:07 PM
  #175
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Klein played a goooood game too.

During the 3rd period, he had a man come right on his back as he cycled around Hank in net; Klein successfully kept the puck in front of him, the defender behind him, and his stick in a position where it wasn't checked and he could get a pass off....

I didn't cringe once watching it, because he's that good wit the puck. The guy is a 2nd pairing naturally. I'm glad he's on the 3rd pairing though, because Moore looks absolutely rejuvenated. No more defensive gaffes, no more silly pinches, etc...

Our D needs to STAY the way it is, period
Still not sure what he was doing in OT when Sutter (?) just blew by him.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.