HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time for Galchenyuk to move back to center?

Old
02-08-2014, 09:08 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
No, I don't think he's ready for center duties. He was still one of the worse winger non the team defensively as he often lose his man and has constant trouble getting out of the zone. And the centerman has greater defensive responsabilities in his zone.

I say let him build full confidence in his game by playing on the wing, then he'll be ready. Now it could be dangerous that he lose all confidence if he sees the opposite line score many goals against his line.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
It really does make more sense for DD to play wing. Eller is a monster defensively and DD is junk. That alone should settle the debate. He'd have so much space on the right wing and could still play with his husband. Pacioretty-----Eller----DD could be a great line. A little bit of everything with that line. This leaves and open Centre position for Galch and he can be reunited with Gallagher finally.

Picaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:35 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

My priority if I was Bergevin would be to finally find a great winger to play with Plekanec. Of course, we have to get rid of Bourque too.

I would try something like :

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Desharnais
XXXX-Plekanec-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Gionta

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:36 AM
ThePriceIsRight44

I think he would be fine as 3rd C and take DD's PP minutes. I can't see patch complaining about Chucky being the 1 setting him up instead of DD on the PP. Plus with Eller at wing with him on the 3rd line it helps carry the defensive load, Eller could also take the important face-offs until chucky gets better at it.

Rushing a player is never a good idea, seeing as we see him leading our first line in the fairly near future I'd like to see him start progressing at that position. Eller can be swapped to C when they play top tier teams if needed.

ThePriceIsRight44 is offline   Reply With Quote