HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor Thread 3.0: Gagner fit for a King?

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
So uh yeah, if that's true I can see why it didn't happen. I don't think I'd trade Pitlick for Clifford tbh.
Not true, Treenasoil has proven to be full of it time and time again.

Old
02-08-2014, 02:07 AM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Didn't we invite that player to the rookie camp? Or am I mistaking him for another NCAA candidate...
He's been to the Oilers rookie camp twice I believe.

Old
02-08-2014, 03:32 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
So uh yeah, if that's true I can see why it didn't happen. I don't think I'd trade Pitlick for Clifford tbh.
Especially when you consider Pitlick actually has decent value around the league (Minny wanted him and a pick for Clutterbuck before the Isles offered Nino)

02-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Especially when you consider Pitlick actually has decent value around the league (Minny wanted him and a pick for Clutterbuck before the Isles offered Nino)
I'm not a fan of trading Pitlick at this point I hope he gets a long look after the trade deadline when we clear out some bodies. He still has yet to become an impact player in the AHL though, if someone is offering up something good for him we should consider it, a lot of teams wanted J.F. Jacques really bad at one point, but we just held on tight and he fizzled out to nothing. Sometimes you have to make that call early and risk being wrong, cause if you wait till they clearly aren't panning out you're not likely to get much at all for them.

@BarDownBobo if L.A. offered Clifford straight up for Pitlick I would take that.

Old
02-08-2014, 10:39 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Obviously no Schultz this year but is there even a Dekeyser at this point?

Old
02-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
the key to a good doctor is one with small hands.
Carnies?

Old
02-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Any decent D's or C's coming out of the NCAA as FA's this season?
I would hope that MacT has bigger plans for his D-corp than adding young prospects. We have half a dozen promising young D in the system. Rather see us trade some away as part of a package to get a real Dman.

Attention Mact!! next season IS important. just as important as 2018. I can't take this team seriously until they join the here and now; something i have yet to see happen.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
The value of Samuel is clearly Clifford plus something.

I'm guessing Spaling plus a pick.
Theres only one thing clear about this post.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
I would hope that MacT has bigger plans for his D-corp than adding young prospects. We have half a dozen promising young D in the system. Rather see us trade some away as part of a package to get a real Dman.

Attention Mact!! next season IS important. just as important as 2018. I can't take this team seriously until they join the here and now; something i have yet to see happen.
I have to that think he knows that. He's been the most active GM by FAR, this season and there's no reason to think that he won't continue to be that way until this team starts winning consistently.

I think this roster will look quite different this time next year.

Old
02-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Kings letting Fraser go to clear some salary cap space:

@FriedgeHNIC
Cote (TB), Omark (BUF) and Zolnierczyk (PIT) all clear waivers. Fraser (LA) is on them today, which I suspect is a cap move.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:05 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

@FriedgeHNIC
Cote (TB), Omark (BUF) and Zolnierczyk (PIT) all clear waivers. Fraser (LA) is on them today, which I suspect is a cap move.
Interesting. Could also be setting up for Vanek. The Oilers/ Islanders/ Flames/ Sabres/ Panthers firesales to the rest of the league will make for an interesting post olympic week for sure.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Interesting. Could also be setting up for Vanek. The Oilers/ Islanders/ Flames/ Sabres/ Panthers firesales to the rest of the league will make for an interesting post olympic week for sure.
Interesting to think about, but I really don't think the Oilers will hold a firesale. We've got a lot of great pieces that we want to keep long term. I'd have to think MacT's breakdown looks something like this:

Don't trade:
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov
Gordon
Hendricks
J. Schultz
Petry
Ference
Scrivens

That leaves Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth, Jones, Joensuu, Gazdik, maybe Arcobello as pieces to trade. That means there's only one spot to fill in our top 6, the bottom 6 can be upgraded but not substantially.

That means 6-7 offensive pieces are leaving, and we need to bring in 1 offensive and 2-3 defensive pieces. He's in prime position to make a move right now without holding a firesale.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Interesting to think about, but I really don't think the Oilers will hold a firesale. We've got a lot of great pieces that we want to keep long term. I'd have to think MacT's breakdown looks something like this:

Don't trade:
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov
Gordon
Hendricks
J. Schultz
Petry
Ference
Scrivens

That leaves Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth, Jones, Joensuu, Gazdik, maybe Arcobello as pieces to trade. That means there's only one spot to fill in our top 6, the bottom 6 can be upgraded but not substantially.

That means 6-7 offensive pieces are leaving, and we need to bring in 1 offensive and 2-3 defensive pieces. He's in prime position to make a move right now without holding a firesale.
You can add the 2014 1st round pick at the draft and Nick Schultz to that list of trade pieces.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:45 PM
dnicks17

MacT has to move Hemsky, Jones, Smyth and Schultz.

Get some picks that he can hopefully turn into NHLers prior to the draft.

Old
02-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Oilerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post

Don't trade:
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov
Gordon
Hendricks
J. Schultz
Petry
Ference
Scrivens

Agree.

Old
02-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:

@FriedgeHNIC
Fraser is also a center so take from that what you will.

02-08-2014, 02:26 PM
armandh01

Quote:
You can add the 2014 1st round pick at the draft and Nick Schultz to that list of trade pieces.
Disagree on the 1st. Also Gaz

Old
02-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
You actually think MacT is talking about trading Gagner because of what the fans think of Gagner?
It makes a huge difference to the GM if the pitchforks are out for a player or if the fans are still supporting them.

Everyone knows that the fans here are sick of "winning" Charlie Sheen style and they want some changes, and Gagner has a lot of trade value and a mob of angry detractors.

Right now it makes no difference that team was terrible before he got back from injury, or that he was playing with a full cage on and the usual disadvantages of coming off an injury, all that matters is that the bloom is off the rose and very few fans here can stand a developmental curve that's longer than 3 years unless the player in question has a wicked toe-drag.

Old
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM
shogun99

Only Oiler players moved at the deadline will be the UFA's and maybe some garbage prospests for draft picks. Gagner won't get moved until the draft for a top 4 defenceman and we'll draft a center since Ekblad will be gone by the time we pick.

Old
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
MacT has to move Hemsky, Jones, Smyth and Schultz.

Get some picks that he can hopefully turn into NHLers prior to the draft.
Disagree on Jones. If you can keep him for around a million, I'd resign him. The demotion really lit a fire under his ass

Old
02-08-2014, 02:48 PM
SchultzSquared

Omark waived?! Boy those NHL teams do not know how to respect his talent... should be a first line star... if only a team weak on offense would give him a chance... right???

Old
02-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Game 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'm not a fan of trading Pitlick at this point I hope he gets a long look after the trade deadline when we clear out some bodies. He still has yet to become an impact player in the AHL though, if someone is offering up something good for him we should consider it, a lot of teams wanted J.F. Jacques really bad at one point, but we just held on tight and he fizzled out to nothing. Sometimes you have to make that call early and risk being wrong, cause if you wait till they clearly aren't panning out you're not likely to get much at all for them.

@BarDownBobo if L.A. offered Clifford straight up for Pitlick I would take that.
Not sure what this is based on? I saw Pitlick play in Phoenix before his injury and he was the best player on the ice for the Oilers for sure if not the other side as well. I think hes going to be a great third line energy guy!

Old
02-08-2014, 02:59 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Disagree on Jones. If you can keep him for around a million, I'd resign him. The demotion really lit a fire under his ass
I don't think Jones should be playing above the 4th line on a good team and I think that 4th line RW spot should belong to Pitlick next season.

Old
02-08-2014, 03:53 PM
RebuildTheRebuild

vCash: 200
Quote:
I don't think Jones should be playing above the 4th line on a good team and I think that 4th line RW spot should belong to Pitlick next season.
I agree with this right here. Although it was a very small sample size I think that Pitlick will be able to bring everything that Jones brings to the table. He can hopefully develop into that 3rd line RW for us as well.

Old
02-08-2014, 03:55 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
It makes a huge difference to the GM if the pitchforks are out for a player or if the fans are still supporting them.

Everyone knows that the fans here are sick of "winning" Charlie Sheen style and they want some changes, and Gagner has a lot of trade value and a mob of angry detractors.

Right now it makes no difference that team was terrible before he got back from injury, or that he was playing with a full cage on and the usual disadvantages of coming off an injury, all that matters is that the bloom is off the rose and very few fans here can stand a developmental curve that's longer than 3 years unless the player in question has a wicked toe-drag.
That sounds like a made-up fantasy put in place of reality to believe it isn't Gagner's fault the team is talking about moving him to me.

Closed Thread