HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

About Nylander...

Old
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

vCash: 500
About Nylander...

he is having a huge year, centering Jagr of course. what are your thoughts for next season with him?? is he still on contract, and does he still figure to be the number one center on the team playing with Jags. thanks in advance

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
he is having a huge year, centering Jagr of course. what are your thoughts for next season with him?? is he still on contract, and does he still figure to be the number one center on the team playing with Jags. thanks in advance
He'll be resigned.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
shoothepuck

He should be resigned

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

oh I'm sure you will re-sign him, but does he continue to center Jagr or do you look for other options?

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
nyr7andcounting

The only reason they'll resign him would be to center Jagr, so yes if he's in NY he's on Jagr's line.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
nyrangerfan68

Send a message via AIM to nyrangerfan68
i think that as long as straka and jagr are here, which they are...then we should absolutely keep nylander here

nyrangerfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Unfortunately.....I think he'll be resigned

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:53 AM
WheresBarnaby

He looks very laxidasical lately.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:07 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
He looks very laxidasical lately.
I don't see where you get that. He looks to me like he's playing the same way he has been all year, only without the postitive results.

I think part of the problem with Ranger fans is that whenever a player is in a slump of any kind, we automatically chalk it up to a lack of hustle/heart/desire/etc. See the thread about Jagr's hip flexor for more of what I mean.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:28 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I don't see where you get that. He looks to me like he's playing the same way he has been all year, only without the postitive results.

I think part of the problem with Ranger fans is that whenever a player is in a slump of any kind, we automatically chalk it up to a lack of hustle/heart/desire/etc. See the thread about Jagr's hip flexor for more of what I mean.

Jagr's a different story, I'm not even going there again. As far as Nylander goes, he certainly doesn't look the way he did earlier in the season. He's has gotten points in his last two games, but with the puck he seems to not be doing much in the way of playmaking, and that's his game. His shotout attempt was bad news last night. It didn't even look like he angled his blade up. Same goes for Straka. I'm a big fan of both of those guy's, but a duck's a duck.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:31 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Jagr's a different story, I'm not even going there again. As far as Nylander goes, he certainly doesn't look the way he did earlier in the season. He's has gotten points in his last two games, but with the puck he seems to not be doing much in the way of playmaking, and that's his game. His shotout attempt was bad news last night. It didn't even look like he angled his blade up. Same goes for Straka. I'm a big fan of both of those guy's, but a duck's a duck.
Again, I have to disagree. Nylander's been doing all he can, I think he's just getting worn out from being on the ice so much through the first ~50 games.

The shootout attempt I agree was frustrating because if he had just been able to lift it a few inches then he would have had a tally, but I hardly think that it correlates to lack of effort.

Old
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
johnny_rudeboy

I dont always understand that "playing with heart" people like to bring up when talking about skill players like Jagr and Nylander. This is 2 players who since they where kids have played a certain style of hockey and it have gotten them through all the ranks and drafts they needed to go trough to get where they are today. And it takes a lot of desire to get there. And as some one pointed out he is playing the way he have done all season but maybe not as successful as before. But you have that in all players, even if they are grinders or playmakers the form dips and goes up from time to time. But since the grinders role is more easy to play he have an easier task to get out of the bad form.

Think Nylander stay as long as Jagr stay.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
I dont always understand that "playing with heart" people like to bring up when talking about skill players like Jagr and Nylander. This is 2 players who since they where kids have played a certain style of hockey and it have gotten them through all the ranks and drafts they needed to go trough to get where they are today. And it takes a lot of desire to get there. And as some one pointed out he is playing the way he have done all season but maybe not as successful as before. But you have that in all players, even if they are grinders or playmakers the form dips and goes up from time to time. But since the grinders role is more easy to play he have an easier task to get out of the bad form.

Think Nylander stay as long as Jagr stay.

Old
02-07-2007, 08:48 AM
94now

As of today Nylander is MVP on this team.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Garv23

Shoot the puck, Michael!!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Unfortunately? Nylander has been one of the few players who have produced for the team this season... He's on pace for a career year, what more do you want from him?

This team desperately needs a C and you don't want our best C re-signed?

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Unfortunately? Nylander has been one of the few players who have produced for the team this season... He's on pace for a career year, what more do you want from him?
Apparently if the team is losing, then it's EVERYONE's fault unless they can literally perform miracles like healing blind people and walking on water.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
XploD

Quote:
Explain yourself.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I would tend to think Nylander stays... however I would like to see him away from Jagr more often.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Ola

For around 3m or whatever it will take, its a must to resign him. Thats really little dough these days.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post

This team desperately needs a C and you don't want our best C re-signed?
Nope. I don't think he's a top C. The 1st line center....REFUSES to shoot. I wouldn't mind him playmaking on the 2nd line or what not....but I just can't stand the guy and we all know that if it wasn't for Jags the guy would really be nothing. He's got just about no speed....no shot....hasn't thrown 1 hit all season....never goes in front of the net and battles for position.

Old
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Nope. I don't think he's a top C. The 1st line center....REFUSES to shoot. I wouldn't mind him playmaking on the 2nd line or what not....but I just can't stand the guy and we all know that if it wasn't for Jags the guy would really be nothing. He's got just about no speed....no shot....hasn't thrown 1 hit all season....never goes in front of the net and battles for position.
Well he does have 18 goals which is 2 goals less than jagr. So if your theory about him never shooting is correct, your saying that jagr is just a crappy goal scorer...

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
Well he does have 18 goals which is 2 goals less than jagr. So if your theory about him never shooting is correct, your saying that jagr is just a crappy goal scorer...
No I'm saying that Nylander is having a very good year while Jagr is not....but let's be honest...most of Nylanders goals are tap ins, banks, deflections, rebounds, etc

Old
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
No I'm saying that Nylander is having a very good year while Jagr is not....but let's be honest...most of Nylanders goals are tap ins, banks, deflections, rebounds, etc
lol, whats your point? the way he scores his goals isn't good enough for you?

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
lol, whats your point? the way he scores his goals isn't good enough for you?
No I was comparing him to Jagr. Jagr is a goal scoring force...Nylander is a playmaker