HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Penguins 2/7/14

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Chris Kreider 1 0.89%
Derek Stepan 1 0.89%
Rick Nash 1 0.89%
Carl Hagelin 2 1.79%
Brad Richards 12 10.71%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Benoit Pouliot 96 85.71%
Derrick Brassard 21 18.75%
Mats Zuccarello 69 61.61%
Brian Boyle 1 0.89%
Dominic Moore 0 0%
Daniel Carcillo 1 0.89%
Ryan McDonagh 8 7.14%
Dan Girardi 59 52.68%
Marc Staal 29 25.89%
Anton Stralman 4 3.57%
John More 0 0%
Kevin Klein 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 18 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
  #201
Dactyl
stats are pure CRAP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bofflol
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Nash for Ovi, lets go.
Well apparently they hate ovi. Main board thread is hilarious.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 04:39 PM
  #202
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
The Rangers 2 PPG in last night's game pushed the Penguins out of first place on the PK. It's now the Devils.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 04:47 PM
  #203
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I, for one, never shed any tears for what Thorton did to Orpik. Orpik is as dirty as it gets. Dirty, dirty player. Same vein as Marchment.

I didn't like what Thornton did. But he did it to the right guy.

One of the things I hate most about penguin fans is when Orpik is called out as what he is they act as if you kicked a baby in the head. They in all seriousness claim he's never thrown a dirty hit in his career.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 05:48 PM
  #204
Holocene
Registered User
 
Holocene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
We hate our leading goal scorer lol
Seeing Nash on the PK is like Girardi on the PP. There are always better options!

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 06:08 PM
  #205
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I didn't like what Thornton did. But he did it to the right guy.

One of the things I hate most about penguin fans is when Orpik is called out as what he is they act as if you kicked a baby in the head. They in all seriousness claim he's never thrown a dirty hit in his career.
I'm not a great big fan of Carcillo. He's played well and done his job since becoming a Ranger but I remember the Gaborik thing. That was really cheap--though probably not very dangerous. That hit on him last night--when you see someone's head snap back--that could have been a concussion. I have an idea what Carcillo said to him right after. He probably asked him if he wanted to go?--and I'm pretty sure that Orpik declined because he won't answer the bell.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
  #206
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now
 
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 983
It's a shame that Orpik is going to the Olympics instead of guys like Yandle or E. Johnson. He will be exposed on the larger ice surface.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 07:08 PM
  #207
Unpredictable1
Registered User
 
Unpredictable1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue62 View Post
It's a shame that Orpik is going to the Olympics instead of guys like Yandle or E. Johnson. He will be exposed on the larger ice surface.
At the very least the crap he gets away with in the NHL won't fly in the olympics.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 07:58 PM
  #208
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I'm not a great big fan of Carcillo. He's played well and done his job since becoming a Ranger but I remember the Gaborik thing. That was really cheap--though probably not very dangerous. That hit on him last night--when you see someone's head snap back--that could have been a concussion. I have an idea what Carcillo said to him right after. He probably asked him if he wanted to go?--and I'm pretty sure that Orpik declined because he won't answer the bell.

I hear that a lot in today's NHL. "Do you want to fight?" In my day we didn't ask permission. If someone elbowed you in the face you jumped him and he fought or turtled. And if he turtled you'd wait and get him another time. None of this asking permission bull****.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:14 PM
  #209
Dactyl
stats are pure CRAP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bofflol
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I hear that a lot in today's NHL. "Do you want to fight?" In my day we didn't ask permission. If someone elbowed you in the face you jumped him and he fought or turtled. And if he turtled you'd wait and get him another time. None of this asking permission bull****.
Pretty sure they would get thrown out of the game for just going up and assaulting people.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:18 PM
  #210
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I hear that a lot in today's NHL. "Do you want to fight?" In my day we didn't ask permission. If someone elbowed you in the face you jumped him and he fought or turtled. And if he turtled you'd wait and get him another time. None of this asking permission bull****.
Sometimes I agree that that needs to happen.

Against Edmonton, when Ryan Jones elbowed Zuccarello, Klein went after him and challenged him, and he backed down and walked away, like the sack of garbage he is.

Wish he could've just KO'ed him right there.

__________________
"If you can't skate well and/or can't make a clean first pass, you aren't a defensive defenseman. You are a bad defenseman." - Travis Yost
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:46 PM
  #211
TheTakedown764
Registered User
 
TheTakedown764's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
Well apparently they hate ovi. Main board thread is hilarious.
Seriously????

I'd take ovi in a heartbeat! Man are they ungrateful for their precious belongings.

TheTakedown764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 11:16 PM
  #212
Dactyl
stats are pure CRAP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bofflol
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Seriously????

I'd take ovi in a heartbeat! Man are they ungrateful for their precious belongings.
Some guy on the main board offered ovi for Kreider Cally and G

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2014, 10:01 AM
  #213
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Thus far, who has been worse in terms of whining/cheap shots between the two? I'd imagine Mario had more free reign giving he had Kevin Stevens as his body guard.
Maryo was not a dirty player. Just a whiner as he truly believed that the rules of playing in the NHL means that he should not be allowed to be as much as breathed on by player from another team.

Cindy, otoh, is getting quite proficient with the slew foot.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2014, 10:06 AM
  #214
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I didn't like what Thornton did. But he did it to the right guy.
Orpik got exactly what he deserved.

If you are going to be dirty, then be dirty and take your lumps. Like Marchment did. Like Ulfie did. Like Claude Lemiuex did. Heck, like name-your-favorite-Flyer does. Forget about answering the bell. Orpik takes his cue from Cindy, who learned it from Maryo. If you are a Penguin, you should be immune to other teams physical play.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.