HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anaheim and tough guys; everything the Oilers aren't.

Old
02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Oilerfan_55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I think we are physical, but is it wrong for me to we are physical on the wrong guys?? I can't remember anytime in the game that one or both of the Sedins nad/or Naslund got hit, while i remember 2-3 times when Hemsky we drilled, i think we are physical, not on the right guys maybe...
Thats a good point. The problem there is that its tough for the Oilers to get out guys like Winchester and Stortini against the Naslund and Sedins line. That bum Cooke for vancouver is at least a good enough hockey player that he can come out against hemsky, and the canucks don't suffer defensively.

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
alanschu

That is interesting. I wonder if this is a way we miss Ethan Moreau.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
from what I have seen from the games I have been able to watch

When the oilers get physical--they go to the box

other teams do the samething and they get nothing 80% of the time...

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
That is interesting. I wonder if this is a way we miss Ethan Moreau.
I think it maybe, but the best way to offset that, is if our D-man were Physical, so Mac-T wouldn't have to have a downgrade offensivly. The thing is, ew have physical D-man (Gator and Hejda), but they have to much pressure on keeping goals out then actually hitting people big time. Gator got it a bit easier last year playing with a dude who was awesome Defensviely (CFP). This year ALOT of pressure is on him to perform Defensively. *long and monotonious sigh....................*

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

It isn't everything we're not, but it's everything we WEREN'T....if that makes sense. Since Stortini has been called up the entire team has gotten bigger. But I love how this Anaheim model has worked for a year now, and yet it's taken a year for people to say "hey, that team fights, and they're the best in the league....what are the odds " As a side note, Brian Burke would be an AMAZING commisioner! Best GM in the league, is always well ahead of everyone else in hockey in terms of thinking, and maybe he wouldn't be the most media FRIENDLY, he's the best quote, knows business, and probably better then anyone else in hockey would know how to market the game and get it back on the map in the US. At least he would notice that a league without an instigator rule is a ton better then a league with one!

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I think it maybe, but the best way to offset that, is if our D-man were Physical, so Mac-T wouldn't have to have a downgrade offensivly. The thing is, ew have physical D-man (Gator and Hejda), but they have to much pressure on keeping goals out then actually hitting people big time. Gator got it a bit easier last year playing with a dude who was awesome Defensviely (CFP). This year ALOT of pressure is on him to perform Defensively. *long and monotonious sigh....................*
Well, unless Smith lost a lot in the last off season, his play last season during the regular season shows that the "new game" has not passed him by. He played very well for us last season, and was typically paired with Staios (he wasn't paired with Pronger until the playoffs).

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote