HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jakub Voracek

Old
01-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

vCash: 500
Jakub Voracek

He's becoming one of my favorite Flyers.

I don't think he'll be (close to) PPG player like he was last year, but I think he can be a dependable 50+ player throughout his prime here in Philly.

Some people don't like him with Giroux but I like the two of them together.

He's so fun to watch when he's on his game. Speed, shiftiness, playmaking and his board play are some of the best on the team. He's probably the best Flyer at gaining possession in the offensive zone.

Sometimes he makes some boneheaded plays, but I view him as a core player, and I think the Flyers do as well.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:18 AM
JGalt

I still think he's capable of coming into his own and carrying his own offensive line rather than forever being G's sidekick.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:29 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

When Voracek starts skating its fun to watch. His puck possession skills are elite.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Funf

He's on pace for about, 25 goals, 60 points this year, and while I don't really see him becoming a PPG player again, I don't think around 70 points during a good year is out of the question. He's one of the better puck possession players, and one of the better skaters on our team. I think he could work on any line, although his game does seem to compliment G nicely.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:41 AM
tuckrr

Man when he's skating like he did today, and when he boxes people out.. he can be untouchable! If only he could sustain that energy level

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
The best is watching him skate up the half wall and sort of coast and slow down right at the top fo the circle, and right when the defender has matched his pace and slowed down, he turns his feet over and bursts towars the area behind the opposition's net.

He carried the puck from his own zone behind the othe team's goal line three or four times tonight just by putting d-men to sleep like that. And it' hard to blame them becaue if they keep going when he slows down he will cut to the slot. Kind of leaves all but the speedier defenders in a bad spot.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 09:43 AM
The Dream
User Registered

Voracek has been great for the last 20 games or so. I feel like he can be a 70+ point player in his prime here in Philly. He is currently on pace to score 60 points despite having only 4 points in his first 14 games.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 03:49 PM
BackWithaVengeance

Guy is a speedy, shifty mother****er.

Still would much rather see him on a different line. For next year he could switch places with Simmonds.

His zone entries would be much more benefical for some other guys like B.Schenn or Scott Hartnell when Giroux is capable of doing the same.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 04:21 PM
MP92

I hope he never wears another NHL team's jersey. He is the most entertaining player to watch by far on this team.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 04:35 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

I would love to see Jake moved off of Roo's line at some point, I think he can maintain his scoring or increase it a bit on his own, it would be awesome to have two very dangerous lines who can score when needed,
I do love me some Vorabeast though he's uber fun to watch when he starts skating and watching him on the boards is awesome

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Wings4Life

Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. Haven't watched much of the Flyers this year, only highlights really, but is Voracek playing injured lately? If not, what is the deal with him (coasting before the Olympics maybe??), he has 1G 3A in his last 10 games, and only 1 point in his last 5...

Having watched him on a couple of occasions last year (he looked quite good every time I tuned in), I guess I was expecting a better performance this year.

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. Haven't watched much of the Flyers this year, only highlights really, but is Voracek playing injured lately? If not, what is the deal with him (coasting before the Olympics maybe??), he has 1G 3A in his last 10 games, and only 1 point in his last 5...

Having watched him on a couple of occasions last year (he looked quite good every time I tuned in), I guess I was expecting a better performance this year.
He took a slash against the Islanders not too long ago and he didn't come back to play the third. It probably is still bothering him since the game wasn't all too long ago. He is still busting his tail off skating but sometimes seems to have trouble with the puck on his stick. Probably due to the slash.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 03:47 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post

Yeah as Prongo said, he hasn't really been the same since he got slashed against the Isles, but he's still been playing pretty well for the most part.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Appleyard

Yeh, he looks the same skating, on a cycle, on the boards etc, (he also played very well defensively today... he is up and down in that regard, one game looks a great winger defensively the next looks like Zherdev (heavy exaggeration)) just having trouble with the puck and shooting.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 04:24 PM
tymed

Been itching to see Giroux and Voracek split up forever. It's just not there.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Curufinwe

Clutter buck smashed his fingers pretty good.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Wings4Life

Thanks for the responses!

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
Been itching to see Giroux and Voracek split up forever. It's just not there.
I think Giroux and Voracek work really well together. We just need to find the right LW.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I think Giroux and Voracek work really well together. We just need to find the right LW.
Ding ding ding. They need a pure goal scorer of an order above Hartnell.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 08:44 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Ding ding ding. They need a pure goal scorer of an order above Hartnell.
I think, ideally, they would replace Voracek with the pure goal scorer and let Jake set up guys on the second line.

I think he's a valuable player, but I wouldn't call him a core guy at this point. He probably has the talent to become one but I'm not sold that he'll become a noticeably better player than he is now.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I think, ideally, they would replace Voracek with the pure goal scorer and let Jake set up guys on the second line.

I think he's a valuable player, but I wouldn't call him a core guy at this point. He probably has the talent to become one but I'm not sold that he'll become a noticeably better player than he is now.
Which is a 1st line winger...

Even before coming here he was a 2nd/1st line tweener.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Which is a 1st line winger...

Even before coming here he was a 2nd/1st line tweener.
The second best player on a first line, which is pretty good. I'm not saying he isn't valuable.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:04 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
The second best player on a first line, which is pretty good. I'm not saying he isn't valuable.
Considering who the first best player is, that really isn't saying much though. Giroux's point totals over the past 4 years now are pretty incredible, not many players have more (total points or even ppg numbers). He's definitely a top 10 offensive player. My point is Jake could be an All-Star and he'd still be the second best player on the first line.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:43 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Pretty much, Brayden Schenn could be a 25 to 30 goal scorer with talented playmaker like Giroux or Voracek next to him. I think it's time to admit Schenn is a center & unless they move Giroux out of the center spot it's looking like you move Voracek down to play with him if you can acquire another player to play with Giroux who can put the puck in the net.

I doubt it shakes out that way but that would be pretty ideal.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Considering who the first best player is, that really isn't saying much though. Giroux's point totals over the past 4 years now are pretty incredible, not many players have more (total points or even ppg numbers). He's definitely a top 10 offensive player. My point is Jake could be an All-Star and he'd still be the second best player on the first line.
He went top 10 in points in the last 5 years a few games back!

That includes a 47 point year!

He is also 28th in PPG since he entered the league... I imagine by the end of the year he will be ~22nd-23rd.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote