HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Any chance either Anisimov, Umberger, Bjugstad or that kind of guy would be available... what about Carter out of LA. Would that be completely pointless to even think about considering his swift trade from CBJ? How about Dubinsky, I also think a guy like him could be what the doctor ordered playing on that second line.

The Oil should bring Lander, Pitlick and whoever else up for the last quarter to see if they can play at all. As much as Smitty, Jones, Gazdic or whoever else has been decent this year, the big club should see what kind of value some of their prospects have IMO.
Yeah, based on what I've heard, Carter was completely miserable in Columbus. I can't see him being any happier here.

Old
02-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Philly85
Moody'

vCash: 500
Not a chance I'd deal the pick for Tyler Myers. Zero.

Old
02-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Lacaar

Tyler Myers isn't any better than Jeff Petry currently.

Are we really targeting Jeff Petry as our solution to the defensive woes?

I admit Myers can still pass Petry as a player but he's not currently better.

I think i'd gamble on the trade if the pick was out of the top 3. No way I'd do it for a Bennet, Reinhart, Ekblad.

Old
02-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but what about going after Stewart in St. Louis to play on the 3rd line RW with Gordon? He seems to have fallen out of favour with Blues fans and maybe could be had for a reasonable price.

Add a guy like Ott and that could be a pretty solid 3rd line.

Old
02-08-2014, 10:24 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but what about going after Stewart in St. Louis to play on the 3rd line RW with Gordon? He seems to have fallen out of favour with Blues fans and maybe could be had for a reasonable price.

3rd line? If we're going after Stewart (who I think is a great fit), then we need to be playing him in the top 6. He's exactly what we need

02-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
3rd line? If we're going after Stewart (who I think is a great fit), then we need to be playing him in the top 6. He's exactly what we need
What would you be willing to give up to get him? If the Blues are looking at a salary dump, I wonder if a guy like Pitlick would be of interest to them.

I'd rather keep him myself but Stewart would be a nice replacement for sure

Edit: obviously the Oilers would be adding a another piece or two

Old
02-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Joey Moss

Dave Bolland in FA for 3 years @ 4.5 per as a 2C signing after Gagner trade.

Would you do it?

Old
02-08-2014, 11:18 PM
sundog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Dave Bolland in FA for 3 years @ 4.5 per as a 2C signing after Gagner trade.

Would you do it?
yes.
But counting on any FA to sign is a risky proposition. I'd say it's likely the Leafs re-sign him before he hits FA.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:20 PM
OnTheBrink

Yes would prefer Legwand on a 2 or 3 year deal though.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:24 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
Yes would prefer Legwand on a 2 or 3 year deal though.
Legwand is the perfect guy for this team IMO. Either between Hall and Yak or Perron and Eberle.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
What would you be willing to give up to get him? If the Blues are looking at a salary dump, I wonder if a guy like Pitlick would be of interest to them.

stewart will be traded this off season and the return won't be much more than a prospect like pitlik. Stewart is so lazy, he should eb a top 10 player in this league, better than lucic

we don't need his kind around here. We need guys who care.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
stewart will be traded this off season and the return won't be much more than a prospect like pitlik. Stewart is so lazy, he should eb a top 10 player in this league, better than lucic

we don't need his kind around here. We need guys who care.
While I think this is an exaggeration, I still disagree. I'd much rather have a 25 goal power forward in my top 6 that's inconsistent than a small skilled, but more consistent winger that 'cares'.

Everybody has such a hard on for Lucic, even though he's arguably as inconsistent as Stewart. This season he's been held pointless for a 5-game stretch, as well as a 7-game stretch where he was pointless in 6 of them.

Last season at the end of the season he only had points in 2 games over a 10 game stretch and had an 8-game stretch with points in just 1 game.

That's what you get with power forwards. They're streaky, all of them. Clowe, Clarkson, Stewart AND Lucic.

Last edited by Bergeron47: 02-08-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old
02-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

I like either or both of those ideas!

Old
02-09-2014, 12:39 AM
ChaoticOrange

A Canucks fan on the trade board proposed Edler and their next 2 firsts for Yak.

While I'd hate to see Yak in a Canucks jersey, I think I'd do that deal. We have a lot of holes to fill and aside from D prospects not a lot of help is coming. Edler isn't having a good year, but he's better than he's been this year and he's only 27.

Would you pull the trigger?

Old
02-09-2014, 12:42 AM
FireMacT

I guess a 7 game losing streak will bring about some pretty ridiculous proposals.

Old
02-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
While I think this is an exaggeration, I still disagree. I'd much rather have a 25 goal power forward in my top 6 that's inconsistent than a small skilled, but more consistent winger that 'cares'.
2 summers ago, the consensus on nhl radio on xm was that Stewart was going to lead the nhl in goal scoring. He was a lock for 40 and had a legit shot at 50

That was the argument, how much he would lead the league in goal scoring by. The experts on xm were unanimous in their praise of him.

Old
02-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Hemsky4PM

Stewart is indeed lazy and out of shape. He's also been unlucky in terms of scoring this season. He's very Penneresque. I'd rather add someone else. If we had Stewart, his fitness level would frustrate Eakins big time. I agree with most sentiments that he's a tweeter second/third liner. I guess he'd be better that Joensuu and Jones - but for 4m, you need more than that.

Old
02-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
A Canucks fan on the trade board proposed Edler and their next 2 firsts for Yak.

While I'd hate to see Yak in a Canucks jersey, I think I'd do that deal. We have a lot of holes to fill and aside from D prospects not a lot of help is coming. Edler isn't having a good year, but he's better than he's been this year and he's only 27.

Would you pull the trigger?

Are you sure that was a Canucks fan? I'd take that deal and run. Edler would instantly be the team's best defenseman, and the team gets two 1sts, one of which could very well be in lottery range.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
02-09-2014, 01:07 AM
ChaoticOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

Are you sure that was a Canucks fan? I'd take that deal and run. Edler would instantly be the team's best defenseman, and the team gets two 1sts, one of which could very well be in lottery range.
I can only assume, his username was CanucksSayEh or something like that.

I'd take it, run, and pop the champagne

Old
02-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:

I like Gordon + Hendricks as a duo, improving our team further so we can slot Hendricks lower in the line-up isn't a bad idea, but I would like to maintain the hard working lunch pail, hard on the forecheck kind of style that the two have been playing together on our 3rd line. Stewart as others have said has serious consistency issues, if he was consistent I think he'd be as good offensively as Iginla in his prime; but I'm doubtful he has that in him. I also see Stewart as a 2nd line player, I don't know how he would take to being a 3rd line role player on our team.

I'd like to add a skilled, speedy forward to compliment them who still plays a pretty good two way game, someone like Chris Higgins or Matt Read would likely work out well. Being that we have Eakins I'm sure he'll want to add Frattin to that line.

Old
02-09-2014, 02:35 AM
40oz

Legwand, as great as he'd be, won't be signing here this summer. Not a chance. If he leaves Nashville, it'll be to join a contending team and have a chance at a cup.

Old
02-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Burakovsky95

I have a proposal but not trade-related. I'm sure you guys have seen the work done by some guys regarding how Edmonton should mirror their PP after the Caps. I wanted to get your guys' feelings on it. If you're not familiar with the setup it's a 1-3-1 focused on getting Ovechkin open for a bomb from the top of the left circle. Backstrom is the quarterback along the right boards, Carlson at the point, Brouwer in the slot for one-timers usually fed by Backstrom or the guy down low who is usually Grabovski or Johansson. I feel like you guys have the perfect pieces to basically mirror this setup.

Yakupov has an incredible release should be in the Ovechkin spot even with the difference in handedness. Belov or Schultz at the point. RNH or Hemsky in the Backstrom role. Hall in the slot like Brouwer and Eberle or Perron down low like Grabo or Mojo.

Thoughts?

Old
02-09-2014, 02:53 AM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burakovsky95 View Post
I have a proposal but not trade-related. I'm sure you guys have seen the work done by some guys regarding how Edmonton should mirror their PP after the Caps. I wanted to get your guys' feelings on it. If you're not familiar with the setup it's a 1-3-1 focused on getting Ovechkin open for a bomb from the top of the left circle. Backstrom is the quarterback along the right boards, Carlson at the point, Brouwer in the slot for one-timers usually fed by Backstrom or the guy down low who is usually Grabovski or Johansson. I feel like you guys have the perfect pieces to basically mirror this setup.

Yakupov has an incredible release should be in the Ovechkin spot even with the difference in handedness. Belov or Schultz at the point. RNH or Hemsky in the Backstrom role. Hall in the slot like Brouwer and Eberle or Perron down low like Grabo or Mojo.

Thoughts?
Lots of people will agree with you, seems our coach wants to do his own thing though.

Old
02-09-2014, 03:14 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:

Probably something like Klefa and Pitlick would get their interest. With his size and shot, he'd be phenomenal next to Nuge

Old
02-09-2014, 03:27 AM
Spawn

Stewart would be a worthy reclamation. But only if you are playing him in the top 2 lines I think. And in that case you need to move out one of Eberle or Yakupov.

Closed Thread