HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Time Has Come

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
  #1
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
The Time Has Come

To trade Jagr. I know he is by far our best player and we say goodbye to any playoffs this year, but he is locked in a reasonable contract for two more years in which he has stated more than once after that contract is up he is going to Europe or Russia to finish his career. If Sather was willing to deal Leetch for the best interest of the franchise he should do the same with Jagr.

If we were to trade him what kind of package could the Rangers expect to get? I think good since like I said his contract is reasonable for the points he gets. What teams could be interested?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:29 AM
  #2
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
The Tims Has Come
Dude, I want some Tims. Get real. Seriously, we should just have one panic thread somewhere for all the panicky panicking panic panics. I think this (and similar) topic is in like 4 other threads.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:31 AM
  #3
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Obviously a typo, sorry I didn't get into the other thread this was being talked about in till after I posted this. Hey it's 2:30 am here! Lock this plz.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:40 AM
  #4
lotus
Registered User
 
lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Dude, I want some Tims. Get real. Seriously, we should just have one panic thread somewhere for all the panicky panicking panic panics. I think this (and similar) topic is in like 4 other threads.
Panicky panicking panic pancake panics!

woah I think Jagr snuck a pancake in there

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:53 AM
  #5
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I dont think Jagr wouldnt play for any other team. Mayyyybe LA? Mayyyyvbe Florida?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:55 AM
  #6
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 500
if the right offer came along, i would pull the trigger. but otherwise, id wait till next season to trade him. hes still far too valuable, and would provide some excellent tutelage to some of our kids.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:56 AM
  #7
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I dont think Jagr wouldnt play for any other team. Mayyyybe LA? Mayyyyvbe Florida?
Unless he has a NTC (i am unaware if he does or doesnt, but id wager doesnt), that doesnt matter. hes not going to refuse to play, hes got bills to pay, more than most.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:03 AM
  #8
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I think he may have a NTC. Plus I dont think hed have any qualms walking away from a non ideal situation in the the NHL to play in europe.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:06 AM
  #9
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I think he may have a NTC. Plus I dont think hed have any qualms walking away from a non ideal situation in the the NHL to play in europe.
8 million reasons.

i dont know how well they pay over in europe, but hes got a guaranteed 8 mil next year. if his shoulder gives way in say... a week after he decides to goto europe, he aint getting his money. if he stays here and something happens, he gets paid.

risky as heck to walk away from that kinda money, particularly w/ the gambling debts he has accumulated and the tax problems hes had.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:26 AM
  #10
JRGNYR
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Those 8 million reasons also apply to another team willing to take on his salary. If he gets dealt, instead of only 1/2 of his cap hit going with him out of town, the team trading for him will have 100% of his salary count against their cap. Washington would also then be exonerated of the cap hit they still are responsible for as part of the pre-lockout trade. Jagr's contract is so cumbersome it makes it difficult to move him right now.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:53 AM
  #11
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
Those 8 million reasons also apply to another team willing to take on his salary. If he gets dealt, instead of only 1/2 of his cap hit going with him out of town, the team trading for him will have 100% of his salary count against their cap. Washington would also then be exonerated of the cap hit they still are responsible for as part of the pre-lockout trade. Jagr's contract is so cumbersome it makes it difficult to move him right now.
How do you know if we trade him Washington doesn't have to pay thier part of the contract? I have never read that anywhere regarding that trade. Washington is paying that salary to get him off thier roster, why else did they trade him for just Anson Carter? I think our cap hit with him is 6 and change which at his production rate is a reasonable number.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:17 AM
  #12
LiquidClown
Registered User
 
LiquidClown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Huntsville, Al
Country: Germany
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Speculate all you want the Rangers could lose all their games until the trade deadline and Jagr is still going to be a Ranger. There is two things that I'm certain of (I'll eat crow if it happens)....

1) Jagr will NOT be traded no matter what, no way does this organization trade a captain they just appointed. It looks way to bad.

2) As much as it may be deserved and thousands are calling for Renney's head on a platter, he's the coach going into next season no matter what the results of this season. No way does a coach that was up for best coach of the year last year get fired. Again it looks bad on Sather.

So I'm not advocating keeping Jagr or Renney, I've just come to accept the fact that both are going to be around.

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:25 AM
  #13
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
Jagr is retiring a Ranger barring some crazy good trade proposition, a fistfight with Shanahan/Avery, or Dolan/Sather/Maloney dropping some LSD tabs..

you don't just trade one of the top Euro players of all time, who you JUST appointed your captain, in a huge market, who is earning a pittance of a salary, who has a "reputation of sulking", never.. ever..


nope, not going to happen.. and i'll buy a ticket to the "All You Can Eat Crow Buffet" if it happens..


(hmm, even after having said all that i am not really that convinced myself.. after all it is Sather/Dolan)

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:47 AM
  #14
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
To trade Jagr. I know he is by far our best player and we say goodbye to any playoffs this year, but he is locked in a reasonable contract for two more years in which he has stated more than once after that contract is up he is going to Europe or Russia to finish his career. If Sather was willing to deal Leetch for the best interest of the franchise he should do the same with Jagr.

If we were to trade him what kind of package could the Rangers expect to get? I think good since like I said his contract is reasonable for the points he gets. What teams could be interested?

Hasnt THIS been discussed to death...

Jagr will not be traded for prospects , picks...Its not happening. He would have to return a MARQUEE NAME type of ELITE player.

He is also rumored to BE THE ONLY Ranger with a NTC

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:18 AM
  #15
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Hasnt THIS been discussed to death...

Jagr will not be traded for prospects , picks...Its not happening. He would have to return a MARQUEE NAME type of ELITE player.

He is also rumored to BE THE ONLY Ranger with a NTC
It has been discussed to death, but I'll throw in my .02 again,what the hell. I would trade Jagr for two or three 30 goal guy's in a minute, and probably still have money to spare. We could easily get another good center out of that deal. Then I'd bump Shanny to the first line, and put that C on his chest.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:04 AM
  #16
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
if the right offer came along, i would pull the trigger. but otherwise, id wait till next season to trade him. hes still far too valuable, and would provide some excellent tutelage to some of our kids.
In what category? The only kid of ours he even talks to is Petr Prucha.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
  #17
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Also, when did Jagr suddenly get a NTC? As far as I know, planned renegotiation of his contract was not permitted because it would have meant the Rangers taking on his ENTIRE salary.

Nice bit of hopeful speculation, though.

But alas, I'm off to Ireland for a week! I'm closing my eyes and hoping that when I get back we're either on a 4 game win streak or we've traded our entire first line.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:33 AM
  #18
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
There is a need for all of these doomsday type threads to go into one thread titled "The Sky is Falling" lol. This has been discussed a boat load in the past month and 1/2 on whether or not to trade Jagr or Shanaha, on this board and the main trade rumors board. Trust me i'd love to deal him if we can get what he is worth back and then some, but it wont happen.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
  #19
towely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 326
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
8 million reasons.

i dont know how well they pay over in europe, but hes got a guaranteed 8 mil next year. if his shoulder gives way in say... a week after he decides to goto europe, he aint getting his money. if he stays here and something happens, he gets paid.

risky as heck to walk away from that kinda money, particularly w/ the gambling debts he has accumulated and the tax problems hes had.
he will get paid the same if not better and where he is from its all tax free.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
  #20
Its a PP Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Speculate all you want the Rangers could lose all their games until the trade deadline and Jagr is still going to be a Ranger. There is two things that I'm certain of (I'll eat crow if it happens)....

1) Jagr will NOT be traded no matter what, no way does this organization trade a captain they just appointed. It looks way to bad.

2) As much as it may be deserved and thousands are calling for Renney's head on a platter, he's the coach going into next season no matter what the results of this season. No way does a coach that was up for best coach of the year last year get fired. Again it looks bad on Sather.

So I'm not advocating keeping Jagr or Renney, I've just come to accept the fact that both are going to be around.
The Texas Rangers named Arod captain and traded him in the same offseason. They went from last place to missing the playoffs by only a few games. Sometimes you have to make bold moves even if it looks bad or unpopular at first. Whatever is best for the organization. Jagr imo has a lot of influence on this organization and its not always a good thing. He refuses to change his high risk style of play.

I agree with you though, I don't think it will happen for the reasons you stated.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
  #21
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
If he leaves the Rangers dont the Caps stop paying his salary?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
  #22
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
If he leaves the Rangers dont the Caps stop paying his salary?
Where are people getting this from? I have never read this anywhere but this board.

What would the Caps care what we do with him? He is off thier roster which is why they payed that part of his salary.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
  #23
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,134
vCash: 500
If we trade Jagr, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye for the next 2 seasons as well. This season we won't make it but next year we will be right back in them.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
  #24
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Where are people getting this from? I have never read this anywhere but this board.

What would the Caps care what we do with him? He is off thier roster which is why they payed that part of his salary.
If I remember correctly his salary then goes against the Rangers cap. I could be wrong but this is what I have heard since last season. RangerBoy is pretty good with this stuff maybe he can clear the air.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
  #25
BwayBshirt
Registered User
 
BwayBshirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My NY State of Mind
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
people who bring up this topic always seem to forget one VERY important fact:

even if jagr doesn't have a NTC, even if i'm not sure of his salary situation in regards to the capitals sharing payment, he has given every single indication that he's not interested in being anywhere else in the NHL except for new york and the rangers.

and heres my ultimate point: WHAT TEAM OUT THERE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL GIVE THE RANGERS ANYTHING OF SIGNIFICANT VALUE KNOWING JAGR'S REPUTATION(fair or not), HIS AGE, HIS HEALTH, AND/OR THE FACT HE'S LIKELY GOING TO REJECT THE IDEA OF PLAYING FOR ANYONE BUT THE RANGERS?

(sorry for yelling in big caps)

they can shop all they want, but i'm 99.9% sure that no team would or will make even a remotely fair offer for jagr. the best they could hope to get IMO would be a first round pick and considering it would be a low pick if coming from a contender, it makes zero sense to do it. i'd rather have him wear the uniform than that.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.