HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I've been on all day....

Old
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
MasterD

vCash: 500
I've been on all day....

I've been on all day, stalking the boards, waiting for something to happen...

COME ON BOB' MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Samsonov and Kovalev for Rafalski and some prospect

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:41 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

You might want to stock up on chips and beer cause it could be a while

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
You might want to stock up on chips and beer cause it could be a while
probably 3 weeks

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
One Trick Pony

Man you guys are all expecting something big for nothing. Yes, Bob will make a move but like everytime it will be for a overrated player who is finished and who will be impossible to trade after

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Man you guys are all expecting something big for nothing. Yes, Bob will make a move but like everytime it will be for a overrated player who is finished and who will be impossible to trade after
You know, even if we went out and grabbed a borderline NHLer (like murray), I'd be happy... I just need some change at this point

(preferably on defense)

I personnally really dont expect to see a Forsberg or Richards end up here this winter

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Hab-a-maniac

It's my third season scouring this board and I've come to be expecting of no action every time I come back to it around trading deadline. The first year it did happen with Kovalev and boy what a shock that all was. Yes, he's a headache but considering we gave up a 2nd rounder and washout Balej, it wasn't a costly move. Now, we'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath. As for right now, GO GO BUFFALO! GO GO BUFFALO!

Sure the Sens would be hungry to win vs. us tomorrow with a loss, but with a win they could be on a roll so it works both ways. A loss is preferable cause at least their game in hand made up doesn't put them past us in points. Anyway, it's not Toronto, NY Islanders, Tampa or Carolina that's headed up the charts big time, ooooh no... it's Pittsburgh who's passing all of 'em... thanks to 5 years of hockey misery it should be mentioned.

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
You know, even if we went out and grabbed a borderline NHLer (like murray), I'd be happy... I just need some change at this point

(preferably on defense)

I personnally really dont expect to see a Forsberg or Richards end up here this winter
GLEN Murray would be a nice pickup, not sure what his contract is like but he is on pace for 40 goals this year. And I dont see Boston making the playoffs this year.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Care to give us names? Kovalev? Aebischer? I don't know one player that arrived in Montreal on trade deadline day under Gainey who was overrated, finished and had a fat contract...

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Bob Gainey doesnt make a deal unless he cant get anything at all for that certain player, or until he knows its a steal.

Situations:

Garon + 3rd for Huet and Bonk. This trade includes the replacement for Garon, a big center with past scoring seasons, pretty safe.

Theodore for Aebischer. This deal is one of knowing that Theo will not get back on his game and simply an intelligent move based on foresight.

Jozef Balej and a 2nd for Kovalev. Bob Gainey knew that we had a bunch of smaller players coming over and that Balej was expendable, he also knew just like everyone else that Kovalev has a sweet package and probably thought he and Koivu would mesh well during the playoffs. Pretty safe as well.

Ribeiro for Niinimaa. Everyone in Montreal wanted Ribeiro out of here, including the players and him. He was a cancer in the room and we needed defenceman; Gainey took a risk here on Niinimaa, a player who had just recovered from a bad ankle and had not got a sniff in the Dallas defence core. Previous good seasons and a comeback was the hope here, but overall a better deal for Dallas.

So basically most moves are intelligently planned and generally he tends to be stingy and calculative. Conclusion is that unless he finds a deal which he finds safe in multiple ways, he most likely will not do it.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:21 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
Care to give us names? Kovalev? Aebischer? I don't know one player that arrived in Montreal on trade deadline day under Gainey who was overrated, finished and had a fat contract...
I'm not only talking about the trade deadline but every trade we had and all the UFA we picked

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
he also knew just like everyone else that Kovalev has a sweet package

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I've been on all day, stalking the boards, waiting for something to happen...

COME ON BOB' MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Samsonov and Kovalev for Rafalski and some prospect
I wouldn't even do Kovalav for Rafalski lol.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
wedge

Quote:
I'm not only talking about the trade deadline but every trade we had and all the UFA we picked
and if Samsonov had been better with us, you would presently be saying that Gainey is a Genius

even the best GMs in the world do mistakes and can't be 100% that alll the players will perform well at the same time.

And don't you remember how everybody was complaining that we didn't sign anybody? You tlk about overated of finished players.. Kovalev Samsonov... that's so finished.. Samsonov could get 80 points next year in Montreal and I wouldn't even be surprised. Samsonov is still young. Kovalev is a god with the puck. How's that overated or finished?

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote