HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT - Interview with Ovechkin in ESPN The Magazine

Old
02-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Well if he has troubles in english, he won't have troubles with that here.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I very much doubt that you get to see all 82 games of the Pens on Direct Tv. I also don't get how you can be a Pens fan in montreal, but I'm sure you just recently jumped on the bandwagon.
Stranger things have happened. This dude in my class was a hardcore Bruins Fan and ironically enough, always wore his Sergei Samsonov jersey at school after each win.

I've also seen hadcore Bluejacket and Avalanche fans.
The latter I can understand with Roy and all, but the jackets? :|.
Also, lemieux's good reason enough to jump on the penguin's bandwagon, not excusable but understandable

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:08 AM
habs86

vCash: 265
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
thanks for the post, it was a great read. i think AO is very confident, and as one posters said "think the league is promoting the wrong guy" well i am sure it would not hurt to promote both SC & AO.
p.s can not see either one of them in montreal anytime in the future as much as i would love them to be there.

GO HABS GO

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:13 AM
habs86

vCash: 265
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
You don't have to tell MTL fans about whether we think high sticks should be called. Ask how Koivu's eye is feeling lately.

Yes a high stick is a high stick and should be called.
Refs are human and don't see everything. Every game both teams get screwed on some calls.

But Crosby's soap opera antics are embarrassing to the league.

Do we want a league where the refs become totally influenced by play-acting ? Look at what has happened to soccer.

One of the best games in the world has been ruined by players crying wolf. The refs are constantly suckered into making calls they didn't see and calls that were not even fouls.

NHL officiating is far superior to that of soccer.
If players like Crosby, Briere, Ribeiro etc... are not reprimanded for their exagerated boy-who-cried-wolf antics, the NHL is in danger of becoming a joke.

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I very much doubt that you get to see all 82 games of the Pens on Direct Tv. I also don't get how you can be a Pens fan in montreal, but I'm sure you just recently jumped on the bandwagon.

?What are you talking about.You talk about something and you have no idea what your talking about.Direct tv just like Bell has Center ice,+ when the Pens play at home you get it on fox sports in Pittsburgh.

Yes I just jumped on the Bandwagon 1990-91.

I also don't get how you can be a Habs fan in Ottawa !! Let me guess 24 stanley cups?

Anyways enjoy the game tonight ,let me guess your not even going right?

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Center ice? Ya try before Bell even existed I had Direct TV all hockey package,Football and Baseball on the football cards.It's more like before RDS showed all 82 Habs games were did you watch the games?CBC on Saturday nights?
TQS and another channell i think it was TVA did the games during the week...

i.e. back in the day all u needed was basic basic cable...or non at all...

just thought i'd let you know.

Also man get a grip. We here are talking about how we love Ovechkin's humour. Of course your going to like someone with a sense of humour in comparison to someone who has none... its just the way it is.

I Love Crosby i've been a fan for the longest time his talent is incredible.

but personally for me, Ovechkin has taken his place in my hockey heart because the things he does/says appeal to me. This is also true for other fans.

So please respect their opinion don't make it a huge deal. And to the other posters...stop harping on him for being a Pens fan...even without looking at his name its not hard to realize that the reason he is a Pen's fan is because of Mario Lemieux's years...

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post
So please respect their opinion don't make it a huge deal. And to the other posters...stop harping on him for being a Pens fan...even without looking at his name its not hard to realize that the reason he is a Pen's fan is because of Mario Lemieux's years...

I do and I also respect and like Ovechkin.I don't hate the guy and also own a jersey of his.I have no problem with OV,It's just the way people talk about Crosby here in Montreal for the past week cause we played the Habs twice,but just a few weeks ago fans were saying I can't wait until he's 26 and signs in Montreal.

Anyways,Glad you also noticed my username,apparently im the only Pens fan in Montreal cause of le Grand Mario! Take care

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:46 AM
wedge

Ovechkin is funny, but you guys are funnier...

Even thought Crosby is a whiner, I don'T care... I like his talent and that's it... it's stupid if he stops liking Montreal just because we boo the opponent's top player, but that doesn't change that he has great talent.

In Ovechkin's case, I admit tht I didn't really like him before. I thought he looked fresh with his tainted visor. But now, the more I read his interviews, the more I like him. He's a great talent too but you have to admit that his personality is a lot more likeable than Crosby's.

But when you build a team, you have to go with the best talent. And if I had to choose between the two, I would choose Crosby just because he would help my team more as he is IMO the best HOCKEY PLAYER.

But if I was in Florida for example and would have to sell the game to the fans, there's a big chance I would go with Ovechkin as the fans would love his personality.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
ari1160

Question from Dan Patrick: What is your favorite city to visit?

Alexander Ovechkin (AO): Montreal. Lots of beautiful girls.

DP: What's your opening line? Do you say you're a hockey player?

AO: In Montreal, they know who I am.

hahahahaha hes soo funny.... lol
and crosby is a lil mama's boy !!!

wud be nice to see him as a habs...

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Ovechkin should have his own talk show the NHL should have him interview opposing players the night before the game it can be a travelling show and be shown on TSN or something like that.

I agree, he's one of the only players that when I see him come on TV, I will actually stop what I'm doing and pay attention. The other one was Roenick, but then his act grew tired.