HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It doesn't get any easier

Old
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
It doesn't get any easier

The rest of February could be a disaster if the Habs don't figure something out quickly.
They had a relatively easy schedule this past month and still weren't successfull. Look at the rest of the month's schedule. IMO the Habs need a sweep in the home and away vs Ottawa. They struggle vs Florida, NJ, and Carolina who are after the Ottawa mini series. It doesn't look good. It's gutt check time for the Habs to finally put some demons to rest and beat some of these stubborn teams who they can't ever seem to beat. It's make it or break it. Out of the 11 remaining February games the Habs will have to win 7 or 8 to maintain 4th or 5th spot. Any less than that and they'll be 7th to 9th spot by March. Too many teams behind us are getting hot at the right time and the Habs are going cold. Buckle your seatbelts boys. It's gonna be a rough ride. Go Habs Go.

8th Montreal at Ottawa 7:30 PM
10th Ottawa at Montreal 7:00 PM
13th Florida at Montreal 7:30 PM
14th Montreal at New Jersey 7:30 PM
17th Carolina at Montreal 7:00 PM
18th Montreal at Columbus 6:00 PM
20th Washington at Montreal 7:30 PM
22nd Montreal at Nashville 8:00 PM
24th Montreal at NY Islanders 1:00 PM
26th Toronto at Montreal 7:30 PM
27th Montreal at NY Rangers 7:00 PM

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The rest of February could be a disaster if the Habs don't figure something out quickly.
They had a relatively easy schedule this past month and still weren't successfull. Look at the rest of the month's schedule. IMO the Habs need a sweep in the home and away vs Ottawa. They struggle vs Florida, NJ, and Carolina who are after the Ottawa mini series. It doesn't look good. It's gutt check time for the Habs to finally put some demons to rest and beat some of these stubborn teams who they can't ever seem to beat. It's make it or break it. Out of the 11 remaining February games the Habs will have to win 7 or 8 to maintain 4th or 5th spot. Any less than that and they'll be 7th to 9th spot by March. Too many teams behind us are getting hot at the right time and the Habs are going cold. Buckle your seatbelts boys. It's gonna be a rough ride. Go Habs Go.

With the exception of the New Jersey game, I could see us winning any one of those... and losing any one of those. This is gut check time indeed and the good news is we play teams like Ottawa hard. But we are meh against most and crap against 4 (Carolina, Toronto, Florida, New Jersey). That's the bad news. At this time (55 games) last season I believe we were almost the same games over .500 as we are now (it was about 7 I think). Difference is we were rolling and only faced a couple bumps the rest of the way. I'm not instilled with the same confidence things can turn around this time. But if any time is a good time to break out, this coming month would be the right time or we'll be finished before March even kicks off.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 05:11 AM
David_99

Ugh, that NJ game is going to be more painful to watch then usual. Who's going to beat Brodeur? Streit? Cause no one else can seem to get one past him.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 05:35 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Three sets of back to back games as well are usually not fun.

I really hope the Habs can pull through with some huge wins starting Thursday in Ottawa.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
With the exception of the New Jersey game, I could see us winning any one of those... and losing any one of those. This is gut check time indeed and the good news is we play teams like Ottawa hard. But we are meh against most and crap against 4 (Carolina, Toronto, Florida, New Jersey). That's the bad news. At this time (55 games) last season I believe we were almost the same games over .500 as we are now (it was about 7 I think). Difference is we were rolling and only faced a couple bumps the rest of the way. I'm not instilled with the same confidence things can turn around this time. But if any time is a good time to break out, this coming month would be the right time or we'll be finished before March even kicks off.
The Home and Away vs Ottawa is the key here. We were faced with a very similar situation around the same time last year only we had a home and away vs the Leafs. We swept that mini series and rolled along nicely the rest of the way. IMO we have to sweep the Sens then exorcise those New Jersey, Carolina, and Florida demons once and for all. Montreal really needs a good 4 or 5 game winstreak about now.

Old
02-07-2007, 12:31 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Ugh, that NJ game is going to be more painful to watch then usual. Who's going to beat Brodeur? Streit? Cause no one else can seem to get one past him.
Right now it seems the Habs are at their worst all season, offensively. If they couldn't score 2 goals against the Devils before then they sure won't score any now. It seems like they are shooting more than previously. I'm sure that the last 10 games the Habs have been averaging more Shots For than the previous 40. The trend seems to be if you get outshot you win. If you outshoot your opponent you lose. Buffalo does the samething most of the time to other teams.

Old
02-08-2007, 02:32 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Three sets of back to back games as well are usually not fun.

I really hope the Habs can pull through with some huge wins starting Thursday in Ottawa.
Gotta win both against the Sens.

Old
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post

Interesting point: This season the habs seem to be playing better against good teams. Possibly the lasy russians actually up for challenges??? I dunno, but that's the case.

8th Montreal at Ottawa 7:30 PM win
10th Ottawa at Montreal 7:00 PM win
13th Florida at Montreal 7:30 PM lose
14th Montreal at New Jersey 7:30 PM lose
17th Carolina at Montreal 7:00 PM win
18th Montreal at Columbus 6:00 PM win
20th Washington at Montreal 7:30 PM win
22nd Montreal at Nashville 8:00 PM win
24th Montreal at NY Islanders 1:00 PM lose
26th Toronto at Montreal 7:30 PM OT/SO
27th Montreal at NY Rangers 7:00 PM lose

I bet thats how these games go, lets see if im wrong already after tonight.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:36 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Interesting point: This season the habs seem to be playing better against good teams. Possibly the lasy russians actually up for challenges??? I dunno, but that's the case.

I bet thats how these games go, lets see if im wrong already after tonight.
I'm not so sure about that "playing good against good teams" theory at this time. The Habs have found ways to lose against every team they play lately, good or bad. Good teams they've lost to over the last month include Detroit, Vancouver, New Jersey, Ottawa. They do, however, have certain teams' number like Atlanta and even Buffalo lately.