HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will the Habs acquire?

Old
02-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
If the Isles are out of it before the deadline, we could go after somebody who already has 19 goals with them and who we've kind of misjudged at the beginning of the year......Viktor Kozlov. Would be nice to have a line with size with Lats-Kozlov-Kovalev on the 2nd. Put Pleks as a winger on the 3rd with Bonk and Johnson.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Would rather Vinnie in our situation, but generally speaking I'd always rather St-Louis. Richards is the biggest waste of salary possible.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
budclay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If the Isles are out of it before the deadline, we could go after somebody who already has 19 goals with them and who we've kind of misjudged at the beginning of the year......Viktor Kozlov. Would be nice to have a line with size with Lats-Kozlov-Kovalev on the 2nd. Put Pleks as a winger on the 3rd with Bonk and Johnson.
Great... then you can have 3 overpaid, lazy, and usually underachieving Russians on the same line.

Montreal, the place where skilled Russian forwards' careers go to die.

budclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by budclay View Post
Great... then you can have 3 overpaid, lazy, and usually underachieving Russians on the same line.

Montreal, the place where skilled Russian forwards' careers go to die.
So Latendresse is Russian? Carbo should stop talking to him in French, maybe that's the problem with him.....

I would love to underachieve with 19 goals, how many underachievers do we have on this team with that logic.

How's 865,000$ an overpayment anyway for 19 goals, 36 points and +14???? What about we never had the right ones in Montreal? How many russian could you seriously say that the only bad season they had was with Montreal. Or is it 'cause we tried a lot of them, Russians or not, at the end of their career anyway.....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-08-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Gary Roberts.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:12 AM
budclay

Quote:
So Latendresse is Russian? Carbo should stop talking to him in French, maybe that's the problem with him.....

I would love to underachieve with 19 goals, how many underachievers do we have on this team with that logic.

How's 865,000$ an overpayment anyway for 19 goals, 36 points and +14????
Not sure what Latendresse has to do with playing Kovie, Samy, and Kozlov on the same line as per my point, but sure.

As for Kozlov's production this year, even a dog's a$$ sees the sun once in awhile, but most of the time it still smells like a dog's a$$.

The Cupcakes of Montreal are fading fast, but no doubt, Kozlov will stop the bleeeding once he gets a healthy dose of Samsonvitis and Kovieitis.

I kid, I kid, I love the Habs. They rock! Blood, sweat and tears all the way!!!

Old
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Not sure what Latendresse has to do with playing Kovie, Samy, and Kozlov on the same line as per my point, but sure.
Not sure what Sammy has to do with this since I was talking about Lats and Kovy, since Sammy is not in my picture, but sure.

Don't worry I'll never ask for big bad Russians again, even if Ovechkin as a UFA wants to play here for free......

Old
02-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Guerin + one of Gelina Robers

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 View Post
Guerin + one of Gelina Robers
That would be great!

Old
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Don't worry I'll never ask for big bad Russians again, even if Ovechkin as a UFA wants to play here for free......
That would be fantastic but according to Catch22....The Habs will never be able to attract a UFA/Superstar like that because of the pure-laine

Old
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
That would be fantastic but according to Catch22....The Habs will never be able to attract a UFA/Superstar like that because of the pure-laine
No, it's because of the Stephane Latulippe.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
Gary Roberts.
I think Roberts would make sense. I could see him with either Plekanec/Kovalev, or Koivu/Higgins. Probably Plek/Kov though, as I get the feeling Latendresse might be hitting the 'rookie' wall. An ornery winger has been lacking for awhile, and Roberts may have enough for a short period.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Here some other names that are not often mentioned and that teams who shouldn't be in playoff mode or could be willing to move for whatever reason:

Jason Blake ( I know, another smurf, but I would take him anyday)
Mike Sillinger (always a big fan of his, always had an underrated offensive game)
Josef Stumpel (if we wouldn't mind moving Pleks on the 3rd line wing)
Chris Clark (are the Caps building with this kid, I sure hope for them they do, if not...)
Nathan Horton (would definately be interested in this giant...but might be tough to manage kid...)
Derek Armstrong (+15 for the LA Kings????, good 2-way game to go with this, but strong enough for centering the 2nd line???? if not could he play the wings???)
Mike Knuble (a much tougher Ryder that actually scores....)
Jamal Mayers (if we want a tougher Murray or Downey that could actually play)
Ben Eager (see Mayers)

Old
02-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Would you change your avatar please. Thank you...
Done, for your viewing pleasure.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Here some other names that are not often mentioned and that teams who shouldn't be in playoff mode or could be willing to move for whatever reason:

Jason Blake ( I know, another smurf, but I would take him anyday)
Mike Sillinger (always a big fan of his, always had an underrated offensive game)
Josef Stumpel (if we wouldn't mind moving Pleks on the 3rd line wing)
Chris Clark (are the Caps building with this kid, I sure hope for them they do, if not...)
Nathan Horton (would definately be interested in this giant...but might be tough to manage kid...)
Derek Armstrong (+15 for the LA Kings????, good 2-way game to go with this, but strong enough for centering the 2nd line???? if not could he play the wings???)
Mike Knuble (a much tougher Ryder that actually scores....)
Jamal Mayers (if we want a tougher Murray or Downey that could actually play)
Ben Eager (see Mayers)
I'd lean to grit over finesse at this point. I think th eteam may need a different flavour. Mayers is a good idea. I've always liked him.

I can't see the Isles guys being moved just yet. I've mentionned Stumpel, and who knows, he could go on a tear playing with Kovalev, but I think they want a guy who goes from point a to b without caring who's in his way, and Roberts may be the best option.

Old
02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I saw a quote in TSN's Backchecking column from Joffrey Lupul that said "my confidence is completely gone at this point" or something to that effect...the last thing we need in a trade right now.

Unless you just meant a player similar to Lupul.

Sometimes a change of scenary is all a player needs...

Lupul has massive upside, and potential

I would love to take that gamble

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Eklund is now reporting Nagy to the Habs (e3)

Habs4Lyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think Roberts would make sense. I could see him with either Plekanec/Kovalev, or Koivu/Higgins. Probably Plek/Kov though, as I get the feeling Latendresse might be hitting the 'rookie' wall. An ornery winger has been lacking for awhile, and Roberts may have enough for a short period.

Agreed.

What about the health factor?

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
No, it's because of the Stephane Latulippe.
Your poster name is Catch22? I knew it!

Please do a search and read his brilliant analysis on why UFA are not coming to Montreal before posting here!

Old
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Agreed.

What about the health factor?
No idea. I could be wrong, sometimes you think of how someone played 5 years ago, but I though that he played some good hockey against Mtl this year. He's willing to take up position in front of the net, and frankly, other than Koivu, I don't see anyone else doing that .

Old
02-08-2007, 10:08 AM
budclay

Quote:
Not sure what Sammy has to do with this since I was talking about Lats and Kovy, since Sammy is not in my picture, but sure.

I forgot, all the best, young, and impending RFA's and FA's are dying to sign with the Habs. If not the Habs, then the Leafs.

Not sure I get the Ovie comparisons with the burn-out Russian, has-beens forwards the Habs are currently overpaying for, but great point. It wasn't obvious at all.

Old
02-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I forgot, all the best, young, and impending RFA's and FA's are dying to sign with the Habs. If not the Habs, then the Leafs.

Not sure I get the Ovie comparisons with the burn-out Russian, has-beens forwards the Habs are currently overpaying for, but great point. It wasn't obvious at all.
Well if this year's season is an accident for Kozlov and is a has-been, I'm sure you'll find something to say about how Ovechkin might be a has-been when the time comes signing here. Probably find a way to say that his first 8 seasons might have been accidents too...

Anyway, Cherry, we get your point.....move on....you're right, I'm wrong. Happy?

Probably suggesting stuff next time, instead of continually criticizing the suggestions?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-08-2007 at 10:48 AM.