HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you agree with Stevens ? (Sanderson...)

Old
02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
I don't know. Umberger could stand to be scratched.
Yeah, he's been awful.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
No way he should bump young players who should play: Umberger, Richards
I love them both but why not give them a wakeup call?

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I want Pat Burns coaching here.
I will be highly disappointed if we have the opportunity of signing him and we pass. Stevens has proven jack and has done nothing for this team except run it further into the ground. Pat Burns is a proven winner and one of the best coaches around.

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
fIREnIcE

I met sanderson this evening in NY.....right before the game so im assuming he didnt play, he was working out at my facility that I run. I deal with a lot of players through out the course of the season ans I must say he was really a cool guy....I didnt ask him about his tenure with flyers mostly because Im a devil fan, but he did watch some of the devil ranger game from last evening(had the replay going).

I have to say he is one of the better conditioned athletes(up there with roberts and briere), he ran sprints for a good 45 minutes. Well anyways the point of this post I think he is hurt seeing that he didnt work out with the players or the coaches, usually the scrathes and younger guys do.....or on the other hand ive seen it before too guys on the outs seem to be isolated form the team as well, making a trade possible as well.

BTW Fedoruk is prob one of the funniest guys ive ever met....he was clowning on eager the whole time, stealing his machines and kicking his water, it was like watching my big brother pick on me all over again.

fIREnIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by fIREnIcE View Post
I met sanderson this evening in NY.....right before the game so im assuming he didnt play, he was working out at my facility that I run. I deal with a lot of players through out the course of the season ans I must say he was really a cool guy....I didnt ask him about his tenure with flyers mostly because Im a devil fan, but he did watch some of the devil ranger game from last evening(had the replay going).

I have to say he is one of the better conditioned athletes(up there with roberts and briere), he ran sprints for a good 45 minutes. Well anyways the point of this post I think he is hurt seeing that he didnt work out with the players or the coaches, usually the scrathes and younger guys do.....or on the other hand ive seen it before too guys on the outs seem to be isolated form the team as well, making a trade possible as well.

BTW Fedoruk is prob one of the funniest guys ive ever met....he was clowning on eager the whole time, stealing his machines and kicking his water, it was like watching my big brother pick on me all over again.
My dad met Sanderson over here once, he also said he's a pretty cool guy.

I still have no idea why York is being played on the power-play...

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Hammerwise

For you posters so quick to dump on Stevens, maybe you could eat your words, now that it appears Sanderson is still hurting = thats why stevens isn't playing him.

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise View Post
For you posters so quick to dump on Stevens, maybe you could eat your words, now that it appears Sanderson is still hurting = thats why stevens isn't playing him.
erm...

Stevens SAID he wasn't playing him because he didn't like how he was playing. that's, of course, related to him coming back from an injury... but it remains because of his level of play, not because of his recovery.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by fIREnIcE View Post

I remember reading somewhere that when he was playing in juniors, Sanderson was told that he would never play in the NHL because he wasnít fast enough. He decided to work harder and harder and not only did he played in the league, he became one of the fastest skater. So, Iím not really surprised that he still is one of the better conditioned athletes.

I donít know why he wasnít with the rest of the team because Stevens and Sanderson himself said in recent interviews that he is healthy. I just hope this situation is not related to the Hartford Whalers days when Stevens and Sanderson played together. At the time, Sanderson was a promising young player while Stevens was a regular healthy scratchÖ I will always find it weird that Stevens benched Sanderson on his first game as a head coach when he was playing so good at the time. Iím not a psychologist, but something doesnít seem right.

After the poor effort yesterday by almost all the players, I donít think Stevens can have a reason good enough to sit Sanderson again tonight.

Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
NJFlyer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Stevens is stupid. I think Sanderson is traded anyways, he has a contract someone will take on next season.
Totally agree.

NJFlyer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Corby

The Flyers need a more experienced and respected coach than Stevens. See what difference a coach made in St.Louis and even Columbus...

Pat Burns would be a perfect fit.

Corby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
After the poor effort yesterday by almost all the players, I donít think Stevens can have a reason good enough to sit Sanderson again tonight.
Exactly. Fatass got a second chance, without a good reason at that. Sanderson was a good player for us before the injury, he not only deserves a second chance he deserves to be in the lineup without question.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote